Exercise Pet Peeves: What are yours?

Options
Mine:

Crotch sweat: I mean, why do I need to feel like I peed myself while exercising.? Is that much sweat down-there really necessary?

Wedgies: How can a piece of fabric get so far up my *kitten*-crack? Someone needs to invent cardio-proof undies, they'd make millions.

And for the ladies; Malfunctioning Sports Bras: They all suck and don't ever keep the girls where they need to be, they consistently result in unnecessary flying facial projectiles (you know what I mean), no matter how fancy or expensive they are. I'm thinking of resorting to duct tape from now on.

What are yours?

Replies

• ♥_Ellybean_♥
    ♥_Ellybean_♥ Posts: 1,646 Member
    Options

And for the ladies; Malfunctioning Sports Bras: They all suck and don't ever keep the girls where they need to be, they consistently result in unnecessary flying facial projectiles (you know what I mean), no matter how fancy or expensive they are. I'm thinking of resorting to duct tape from now on.

ditto! :drinker:
  • ahanson6
    ahanson6 Posts: 102
    Options
    I know this sounds stupid, but I get so irritated when my water bottle doesn't fit in the holder.
  • oddyogi
    oddyogi Posts: 1,816 Member
    Options
    Wedgies pretty much get on my nerves all the time.. especially when running!

As for exercise pet peeves of other people, I hate when people are strength training and they have super wrong form or they're doing the exercise too quickly and relying on momentum rather than muscle strength. I just want to go correct them, but I don't want to be THAT person!
  • Zsangel
    Zsangel Posts: 202
    Options
    I know this sounds stupid, but I get so irritated when my water bottle doesn't fit in the holder.

OMG ME TOO :explode:
    It does on the elliptical. but not on anything else!! :grumble:
  • maysflower
    maysflower Posts: 180
    Options
    I too hate the crotch sweat. I use to wear brown workout pants, but one day I noticed that I had wet marks "down there". I only wear black pants now. I personally hate running shoes. I can't find a pair that works for me. I have tried on tons of different styles from different brands and each one has some sort of issue. Also, there is no where to put my iPod. I have an arm band, but it is uncomfortable and the cord it always in the way.
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    My pet peeve would bother some people. Mine involves watching other people do an exercise with seriously bad form. Watching a teenager do a behind the neck pull down at the gym. It all just freaks me out. I want to run over to them and tell them that they can injure themselves with that exercise. Anyway, it's a pet peeve of mind. Maybe I need counseling for it. :tongue:
  • RProhofsky
    RProhofsky Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    There is a woman at my gym who puts all her stuff on a tread mill while she exercises on other cardio machines and lifts weights.
  • ShaneT99
    ShaneT99 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Crotch sweat: I mean, why do I need to feel like I peed myself while exercising.? Is that much sweat down-there really necessary?

Wedgies: How can a piece of fabric get so far up my *kitten*-crack? Someone needs to invent cardio-proof undies, they'd make millions.

#1 - Must be a girl thing??

#2 - You should try compression shorts under your workout shorts/pants (or alone if that's your preference). No wedgies.
  • oddyogi
    oddyogi Posts: 1,816 Member
    Options
    There is a woman at my gym who puts all her stuff on a tread mill while she exercises on other cardio machines and lifts weights.

I would move it! LOL
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, I hate to sweat period, so working out is such a chore for me.
  • skinnywithin
    skinnywithin Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    totaly agree on the whole bra thing. Oh and can I just say that the gym is a place to work out ladies , It is not a fashion show so quit parading around back and forth just waiting for the guy who is lifting weights to stop and speak to you ! Its so much fun to people watch in the gym. Oh my other pet peeve totaly not related to fitness is PULL THE SHOWER CURTAIN CLOSED WHEN YOU GET OUT !!!!!!!!!
  • angelaplaxton
    Options
    I do my Cardio at night and I dont have any self conscience issues. Its semi dark and I just go go go!
    I to am unable to find a good pair of shoes, they always wear in on the corners by end of the toes.
    for an ipod or whatever, i dont use anything of that sort, i like to hear the cars, and if anyone is approaching me :p
  • skinnymama157
    Options
    Hmmm...let' see...your pants slowing sliding down when your doing jumping jacks! Your sock getting bunched up in your shoe when your running! Maybe we should just work out in the nude, lol!
  • LindseyC87
    LindseyC87 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I also hate when my water bottle doesnt fit in the machine.

It bugs me when people stagger treadmills. It sucks when you and your workout partner have to run 3 treadmills apart. The whole point of having a partner, is so they can motivate and push you to go harder an farther. I also hate when your waiting for a treadmill and there is that 1 girl that is walking 1 mph just so she can talk to her friend that is running and not even trying to workout..
  • tmthorn0927
    tmthorn0927 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    when the tv on a machine does not have adjustable volume! i need a distraction when i am walking/running on treadmill, but don't need my ear drums blown out.

my gym has a womens only room. great except the door is never closed and the paper towel holder and cleaning solution is hanging on the wall just outside the door. I love the men who come up to the paper towel holder and take a peek in... it's kinda funny to me too :)
  • hjy319
    hjy319 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Mine:

Agreed!!!
  • tammyquinnlmt
    tammyquinnlmt Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    I hate when I'm walking around my neighborhood and my neighbors all want to come chat. HELLO! Can't they see I'm trying to break a sweat?
  • AwMyLoLo
    AwMyLoLo Posts: 1,571 Member
    Options
    The fact that I've had the same songs on my ipod for a year and I HATE about 75% of them! I also hate how my earphones won't stay in my ears, and the ipod strap I have seems to be made for a man with 30" biceps!
  • PattyTheUndefeated
    PattyTheUndefeated Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    The fact that I've had the same songs on my ipod for a year and I HATE about 75% of them! I also hate how my earphones won't stay in my ears, and the ipod strap I have seems to be made for a man with 30" biceps!

MEEE TOOOO. I'm just too lazy to load new music on mine and my earphones NEVER stay in my damn ears, even the 'sports' ones with the ear clip thingies don't stay put and always come flying off. Sigh... so lame.
  • Mkleder
    Mkleder Posts: 289
    Options
    I hate doing planks after my forearms get all sweaty. It's hard to hold the position when my arms keep slipping out from under me. I ended up having to give up the padded mat and do them gym carpet instead.

I hate it when sweat trickles into my ear making the music on my iPod sound weird.