Starting April 25th "T.E.A.M. Zumba"- Let's Go!!!!

Options
We all know Zumba as being FUN and Exciting!!! But there are several questions we always have about ANY excercise program (ie.What is it like? Have you gotten results? How long did it take? Is it a hard workout? How many calories do you burn, etc...) The same goes for Zumba!

I Would like to start "Team Zumba" on Monday April 25th for all those Zumba lovers out there! We will start with our current measurements/weight and do it consistently for 30 days (checking our progress every 10 days) I will be working from the Dvd's ... However, You are welcome if you have the dvd's OR attend Zumba classes.

Daily posts should consist of at least two things:
* Workout #___: This number will vary depending on the number of days you work out (Set your own schedule)
* Dvd Title / Length of Workout: If you are attending classes simply put "class" and the length
(You may add additional notes if you like)

I really want to get the most from this and I want it to work for everyone - feel free to let me know if there is something else I should add... This is not my thread - this is OUR thread! Remember we are a T.E.A.M. and Together Everyone Achieves More! Let's see if it's all fun or does Zumba really work! Anyone Interested? I'd love to hear from you :>)

Replies

• angebean
    angebean Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I'm in ! I love Zumba and just became an instructor, so this is perfect.
  • MsSouthernBelle5
    MsSouthernBelle5 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Great! I was thinking about becoming an instructor as well! :happy:
  • angebean
    Options
    Go for it! How long have you been doing Zumba?
  • MsSouthernBelle5
    Options
    Only a year. I just love love love it!
  • a_fit_me
    a_fit_me Posts: 103
    Options
    I'm in also.... I love Zumba!!
  • a_fit_me
    a_fit_me Posts: 103
    Options

Congrats on becoming an instructor!!
  • Kahlilsmom
    Kahlilsmom Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Im in!!!! I need the extra support/motivation!!!
  • Fat2FitAmanda
    Options
    man i so wish i could join you all! i really have to get the dvds! has anyone tried the video games of it? maybe you could add that to your group.
  • angebean
    Options
    man i so wish i could join you all! i really have to get the dvds! has anyone tried the video games of it? maybe you could add that to your group.

I have Zumba on the Wii and I enjoy it. It's not like the class, but it gets the job done. It's all about how much you put into it. But i LOVE zumba, so it's all good. Try it out.!
  • angebean
    Options

Congrats on becoming an instructor!!

Thanks! ;-)
  • kswietek
    kswietek Posts: 80
    Options
    sounds like a great idea!!!! I LOVE zumba!!! I take classes 2 times a week and then have zumba for kinect to do it at home.
  • mrsstefguerrero
    Options
    im in also.I will post my offical stats tomorrow. ne other T.E.A.M. Zumba members please fill free to add me. And for all you Kinect zumba users my xbox live id is MrsStefG. I will normally be on between 7-9 CST. Cant wait to hear about everyones progress. :)
  • anjelt
    anjelt Posts: 21
    Options
    I would love to be on this team! I am so addicted to ZUMBA, and just did my first 90 minute class last wednesday! will post official stats tomorrow!
  • MsSouthernBelle5
    Options

Yes we can add the video games - Zumba in ANY form is welcome! Ok guys. It's only a few of us so we have to stay focused and keep each other motivated. Let's start posting today! Here's to Zumba!!!!!! :drinker:
  • julialac
    julialac Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi I would like to be on the team...im so into Zumba now.!!! yeah I.do the class at Curves plus the dvd at home.
    :smile:
  • anjelt
    anjelt Posts: 21
    Options
    ok my stats are

weight: 228.5

hips; 48.5
    bust; 41.5
    arm: 15
    waist: 40
    thigh: 28
    good luck everyone and feel free to add me as well!
  • proudtruckersgirl
    proudtruckersgirl Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Hey, I'm in. I ordered the DVD's and they will be here tomorrow. So please count me in.

Weight = 182.4

Hips = 45
    Thigh = 26
    Bust = 40
    Waist = 39
    Arm = 13
  • lisagetsfit
    Options
    I would love to join you ladies too! I will need to take measurements a little later today and then post. Can't wait!
  • mustangurl
    mustangurl Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    i'm in too. we are actually doing a challenge in my Zumba class so this is perfect.

current stats:

weight-- 167.4
    hips-- 42"
    waist-- 37"
    chest--40"

these are the lastest stats that i have. we weigh-in every thursday but i missed this last class :(
  • mrsstefguerrero
    Options
    Ok T.E.A.M Zumba

Here we go with Day 1 stats. It was a good workout I was sweating up a storm, and laughing at myself the whole time. I'm a newbie to Zumba but familuar with most of the latin moves both from personal experience just messing around with friends at home and from the stuff they show on Dancing with the Stars (LOL I know its a lil cheesey but its one of my secrect addictions. ;-)) so I didnt have any issues with the moves just the keeping up part, which I'm sure will get better with time. Anywho, I'm really looking forward to seeing how my 30 Day Zumba journey turns out along with you guys. And for all you twitterland fans I will always post pics and stats updates on my twitter account @stefguerrero83

Workout 1
    Zumbia For Kinect- Beginner 20 Mins Class 1
    Difficulty-Easy
    Total Score- 409 Zumbia Jammer

Day 1
    Neck- 13.0
    Waist- 35.5
    Hips- 38.5
    Right Arm-12.0
    Left Arm- 11.5
    Left Thigh- 21.5
    Right Thigh- 21.25