New Round of P90X starts Feb 28th! Join me! Cont'd....

Options

Replies

• knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    I haven't posted in this thread for awhile, just been doing my thing (but I am still doing it!) Today was day 60 for me though and I'm too excited about my progress not to share. Weight loss is pretty insignificant (a measly 4 pounds over the last 30 days) but I've lost 9.5 inches in that same 30 day period! My husband will be putting me through the torture of taking pictures here in a few minutes so even if I have to inspect with a microscope at least I know the inches have been coming off!

Other progress, I'm still babying the knees on Plyo but I am still doing plyo (and have lovely new knee braces that have helped immensely! ) My pushups are increasing and I've now done Yoga X twice (whereas before I wouldn't even try and found something else to do). Today I made up my new charts and put them in my notebook so when I'm done with this round I'm already ready for my next go at it. I'm really excited to see what my results are come August when I finish this thing again.

Oh, and it's impacting my Taekwondo very positively! TKD is the whole reason I was interested in P90X in the first place (need to increase the fitness level if I want to earn my black!) My jumping kicks are getting higher and prettier, I'm able to work harder and not feel like I'm going to die and I love how tight and strong I'm feeling! BONUS: My dobok (uniform) is getting really loose on me and the ties at the sides are as tight as they can go! One of my rewards is a new uniform. (The other is a tattoo. Can't wait for that one!)

I've been reading, just not posting. Glad to see new faces and everyone seems to be doing pretty well!
  • MAK_01
    MAK_01 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Core synergistics - DONE. I feel like I really pushed myself today and really focused on getting the core engaged. And It felt great.
    Keep it up everyone. Everyone is doing awesome!

Good job! That is really a cerebral workout as you can really cheat yourself if you don't engage the core muscles. I had a hard time with this workout in the first phase, but have really gotten better after the "engagement" part finally clicked in my thick skull. I tell you what, I am really running on fumes by the time the bonus round comes up. That workout really takes its toll not only from a strength and conditioning standpoint, but it really has a heavy cardio element as well. If I was forced at gunpoint to throw all of my P90X DVDs but keep one, I would keep this one.

I feel the same way about the DVD as well. Tony was right it quickly became one of my favorites! Today was my other favorite kempo. This might sound lame but I had a personal victory. I was able to do full jumping jacks during the breaks! I've had 2 arthroscopic knee surgeries (1 in each knee) and a pretty major surgery on my left knee and jumping especially carrying extra weight has been extremely painful. (I've always done plyo all modified) i usually do odd 1 leg jumping jacks. But today the knees were feeling good and I was able to them. I so so excited.
    Have a great night everyone :)
  • reepobob
    reepobob Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    Good Friday to all!

erniemj: Different strokes on the brussell sprouts...you can have my share...LOL

emmaleigh: If you aren't currently using a Yoga block, you should be. That is the only way I can maintain some of the poses with straight legs. I don't have the flexibility to go all of the way to the ground with straight legs on a lot of the triangle, right angle, and half moon poses and use the block to compensate.

knittnponder: Great progress at the end of your phase! I am glad you added to the thread again.

MAK_01: I want to clarify something. Core Synergistics is OK, but it is not my favorite. But, in the spirit of fitness, it is the most well rounded video of the entire series in terms of strength and cardio and would serve well as a stand alone video. My favorites are Legs and Back+ARX (cuz of the burn I get) and Kenpo-X (cuz it is fun as hell).

Enjoying the day off...speaking of Core Syn. Got that puppy out of the way today so I can enjoy the day. Take care, all!
  • ddavies919
    ddavies919 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    Happy Good Friday and Earth Day everyone! Well, yesterday wasn't yoga for me, it was a 9 mile walk, a brisk walk at that! My legs are loving it! Hopefully, they won't give out on me today for legs & back! lol I plan on getting in some cardio too!

Bob: Nice job on Core Syn! I am looking forward to that one next week!

Mak: Great job on the jumping jacks! There was a time when I couldn't do all of them either, like I always say, celebrate every success, big or small! I had knee surgery too, a long time agon and sometimes it does act up. Keep it up!

Fran: We missed you girl! Glad to see you back! Congrats on the results girlfriend! Woo hoo! Nice job! You gotta be happy about that! Sounds like you're just improving everywhere! So, what kind of tattoo are you going to get? An X?! Ha! Ha!

AnneMarie: For that stretch you are questioning, you don't have to put your hands on the ground, but for that particular stretch, it's important to keep your legs straight, but if you can only put your hands on your thighs or shins, that's fine.

Michelle: Mmmm....I love brussel sprouts too! I mean, they're not my fav food; I love pizza way more! But I do like them!

Well, everyone! I may not be on tomorrow, busy day! My son has an all day track & field tournament so I gotta get my lazy weekend butt outta bed early and get my cardio done! But, if we get home at a decent hour, I'll hop on!

Keep up the awesome work all! Have a good weekend and I'll be back!

Deb
  • lizard9800
    lizard9800 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Happy Earth Day everyone! Just thought I would pop in and say hello. Congrats to Adam and everyone else that is finishing up this round of P90X.
    I have been doing lifting/abs, but leaving my knee alone. Today I am contemplating trying Legs and Back. My therpist told me squats and lunges are ok. Just no jumping. But we'll see. He had me doing some crazy hamstring things the other day. Talk about hard to bend over the next day...
    I've managed to keep my weight down. Probably losing some leg muscle, but oh well. I'll get it back. I did take measurements again and have lost another inch on the hips, half inch on each thigh and half inch on the belly.
    My neighbor/co-worker just started P90X two days ago. I am having fun hearing how sore he is each morning. He said he almost tripped going up the stairs twice this morning from Plyo yesterday.
    Have a good Easter weekend!!
  • heabear
    heabear Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Deb are you a beachbody coach cause if your not you would be great at it you are so helpful and motivating!! You too Bob!!! Congrats with the progress everyone and for bringing it I'm week 3 day 5 and made it over the hump!! Hopefully doing a hip hop hustle class saturday and turbo kick monday cause i missed last monday cause my sister asked me to wait a week so she could come!!
  • ddavies919
    Options
    Liz: Glad to hear you're still moving and grooving, even if it's not what you wanted. Let us know how legs & back goes for ya if you do it. Keep us posted!

heabear: Aaahhh...thanks girl! And yes, I am a coach! Love it! The people I've been able to help and the awesome people I've met through Beachbody have been simply amazing!!!! Best job ever! I'm so jealous that you're taking a hip hop hustle class! I had a blast when I did it and I did it with Chalene herself! Totally awesome! I like Turbo Kick too, tons of fun and talk about calorie burner! Wow!!!! I can't wait to hear about it! Keep up the good work!

Deb
  • AdamATGATT
    AdamATGATT Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    Deb are you a beachbody coach cause if your not you would be great at it you are so helpful and motivating!! You too Bob!!! Congrats with the progress everyone and for bringing it I'm week 3 day 5 and made it over the hump!! Hopefully doing a hip hop hustle class saturday and turbo kick monday cause i missed last monday cause my sister asked me to wait a week so she could come!!

Deb is an AMAZING coach! She definitely knows how to bring it and encourage others around her.
  • ddavies919
    Options

Deb is an AMAZING coach! She definitely knows how to bring it and encourage others around her.

Thanks Adam! :smile:
  • soccermum75
    soccermum75 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    That's what I use! The only issue I had with it in the early days was getting it wet enough. I get the sensors soaking wet, wet my chest, use water based lubricant on the sensors, and even wet down my shirt to make sure that the darn thing is wet enough and haven't had an issue since.

bob: you are too funny. i only dab some water on the sensors with my fingers and it's usually enough.

deb: i follow the schedule of brazil butt lift but only one workout a day and not the 2 recommended because it would take me too much time between BBL, P90x and C25K.
  • soccermum75
    Options
    oups! double post
  • soccermum75
    Options
    I really feel great today. I did shoulders and back and upped my weights from 3 and 5 lbs to 8 and 10 lbs. I actually got so much stronger from P90X. I can even do 1 push up. Okay it's not much but it's a real one, not a girlie one on the knees. When I do the Ab ripper X Feifer scissors my legs are straight now. It's a huge accomplishment to me.:blushing:
  • MAK_01
    Options

I totally agree. Deb is an amazing and supportive coach!
    Yesterday was stretch x for me and yoday core synergistics. Hope everyone is bringing it!!
  • reepobob
    Options
    I really feel great today. I did shoulders and back and upped my weights from 3 and 5 lbs to 8 and 10 lbs. I actually got so much stronger from P90X. I can even do 1 push up. Okay it's not much but it's a real one, not a girlie one on the knees. When I do the Ab ripper X Feifer scissors my legs are straight now. It's a huge accomplishment to me.:blushing:

Great progress! Every time you do a routine, you should be doing something a little bit better than last time and that is really all you can ask of yourself is doing your best. If you are doing your best, there HAS to be improvement. Great job!!
  • reepobob
    Options
    Happy Saturday, all! Did Kenpo-X today with 3 pound dumbells for the punches, blocks, and elbow moves and burned an extra 120-130 calories than normal...I highly recommend small weights or weighted gloves for those that don't feel like they are getting all that they can out of this workout. My highest heart rate was 175 bpm and my average was around 148 bpm (that includes warmup and cool down). I would venture my actual workout average heart rate at around 153. It was normally hovering between 133-145. I love to eat back my excercise calories and I just earned a snack...WOOT!

I will be scarce on here until tomorrow night after I travel...so Happy Easter! And watch out for that damn candy!! Self-control!!
  • emmaleigh47
    emmaleigh47 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    Back and Biceps is in the books -- and with that I have survived week 5 :)
    This was my first attempt at this video, and I did made it all the way through so I am psyched about that.
    The pull-ups are getting slightly better - I am still on my chair, but I am totally bringing it and feeling it!

Tomorrow is either a run ... or yoga depending on what my stupid blistered foot will allow me to do!
  • erniemj
    erniemj Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    question for my P90x friends - today is the last day of week 3 phase 2 (or day 49) - however, this past week, I missed tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday (or days 45, 46, 47, and 48) workouts. I did Kenpo X tonight just because I wanted to try out my HRM.

So my question - should I do this week over so tomorrow is day 1 of week3 phase 2 (or day 43) or should I just go into recovery week and finish out the program?

Thanks in advance!
  • emmaleigh47
    emmaleigh47 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    It sounds like you missed 2 strength workouts... I personally would do the week over. I am always ok missing the cardio workouts ... but I try very hard to get in the strength workouts! :)

And now Yoga ... I have found a love/hate/love relationship with Yoga! Its like a mountain that I try to climb!
  • MAK_01
    Options
    Core synergistics again today. Tomorrow is yoga but I think I'm going to have to swap it for cardio x. I dont think there's any chance I can carve out 90 minutes during the day. After tomorrow is day 90!!!!
  • erniemj
    erniemj Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    It sounds like you missed 2 strength workouts... I personally would do the week over. I am always ok missing the cardio workouts ... but I try very hard to get in the strength workouts! :)

And now Yoga ... I have found a love/hate/love relationship with Yoga! Its like a mountain that I try to climb!

yes - I missed 2 strength workouts - and that is what I was thinking, I should do the week over, but then again, I also feel like pushing on, I plan on doing another round of P90x (and another and another...hehehehe)

I don't know what I am going to do, but I know I am not stopping!