If someone was to go onto your profile....

Options

Replies

• jessers26
    jessers26 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I would be flattered and that's about it! An ego boost is always good!
  • maddiex_x
    maddiex_x Posts: 43
    Options
    I would be flattered though I doubt it would happen to me anytime soon :ohwell: .
  • jessers26
    jessers26 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I would be flattered and that's about it! An ego boost is always good!
  • superhippiechik
    superhippiechik Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    Married and flattered! I have low self esteem so it is nice to hear.:blushing:
  • Karleyyy
    Karleyyy Posts: 857
    Options
    Why do people, women especially, refuse to take a compliment without thinking there must be an ulterior motive.
    I'm 64. When I tell a lady that I think she's pretty, that's all I mean.
    Over the last decade or so, some women connote sexual meaning to that.
    Why?

I don't know. For me it used to be my weight and because BOYS my age are just that...boys. That's why I don't go for boys!
  • lbritt5
    lbritt5 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    at this point i would still question their visual acuity.

Me too!
  • nsciambi
    nsciambi Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I agree! I mean, it's one thing for someone to give you a compliment (Great abs! Awesome progress! Check out those guns! You look great! Etc.), but in my opinion, the term "hot" has a sexual connotation and is inappropriate. I mean, would you go up to someone at the gym and tell them how "hot" they are? I hope not.

I married, though, so I'm sure that makes a difference.
    Creepy.... this isn't match.com
  • stephanielynn76
    stephanielynn76 Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    I just take it to mean I must be doing something right! :wink:
  • savvynurse
    savvynurse Posts: 292
    Options
    Flattered.... most definitely flattered
  • Karleyyy
    Karleyyy Posts: 857
    Options
    I agree! I mean, it's one thing for someone to give you a compliment (Great abs! Awesome progress! Check out those guns! You look great! Etc.), but in my opinion, the term "hot" has a sexual connotation and is inappropriate. I mean, would you go up to someone at the gym and tell them how "hot" they are? I hope not.

I married, though, so I'm sure that makes a difference.
    Creepy.... this isn't match.com

It really depends with me..if it is on my profile it isn't bad, and it depends on the person saying it. If it is through message it can be kind of creepy.
  • Samerah12
    Samerah12 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Why do people, women especially, refuse to take a compliment without thinking there must be an ulterior motive.
    Why?

Because that's how a lot of men mean it.

I'd be flattered if it was just left at that but I've had one person on here push it in a creepy way and I had to unfriend him.
  • nsciambi
    nsciambi Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    "Pretty" doesn't have a sexual connotation. "Hot," "smokin," "sexy," etc. do.
    Why?
  • FaeFae
    FaeFae Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    you are right this isnt a dating site however its full of people that know what we are going through and are here to cheer us on and help make us feel confident. We all need to love ourselves first before anything else! Its nice to hear someone tell me im hot or im beautiful....these people can see how much i weigh by my ticker and they dont care! They see my personality through my posts, my motivation, my downfalls and they see the beauty beneath the fat....

its flattering hun!!! take it as a compliment!!
  • adfranks
    adfranks Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I think it would be nice to hear, but I don't think of myself as attractive at all, so I would blush and say "Thanks!"
  • Sumo813
    Sumo813 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    and call you hot (or anything along those lines) would you be offended, or flattered? I know there are some of you that get that a lot anyway, but I have run into some people that don't like it...I know this isn't a dating site, but it is nice to here sometimes! :)

Were*

Definitely an ego booster for me. ;) But some do certainly take offense to being hit on. To each their own.
  • JEK717
    JEK717 Posts: 1,497
    Options
    Who wouldn't like it. Most people would be flattered.

Some people:blushing: though so it might make them uncomfortable(Like me:smile: )...still like it though!
  • KootenayGal
    Options
    I would take it as a compliment as well...they are always nice to hear!!!
  • katie9730
    katie9730 Posts: 24
    Options
    at this point i would still question their visual acuity.

Haha! Same here.
  • Egger29
    Egger29 Posts: 14,741 Member
    Options
    Just to clarify...are we talking about the comment coming from someone of the Opposite or Same Sex? LOL!

Had to throw that out there. ;-)
  • liveinbliss
    liveinbliss Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Totally take it as a compliment! Cat calls and whistles are good too :)