Over 200 New Year New Me Part 48

Options

Replies

• lildebbie
    lildebbie Posts: 2,068 Member
    Options
    Well it is 7 and i am still on track woohoo. I am going to be under my cals (i hope)

a few lbs of the sodium bloat has gone done too as i got on the scale at night and i was 279.5 woohoo..2 1/2 lbs less than this mroning. I know the next few days may be lots of water weight released, but i am okay with that :smile:

Just happy not seeing a 28# on the scale made me smile.
  • lildebbie
    Options
    I have done it. I made it through today !!

Calories - 14 cals under (including exercise cals)
    Exercise - 242 cals (40 min) of xbox kinnects
    Water - 3 cups, so not great but better than nothing
    Proud - I am here and I am commited to doing it.
  • bluenote
    bluenote Posts: 2,930
    Options
    Girls, girls, girls! I have missed you so!!!

I am all for starting over. I did today! So far, so good. No exercise today, but I stayed under calories.
    A start! I am making a commitment to come here every night, friends. I gotta get going on this!!!

We had a doozie tornado the other day. My house was not hit, but our school district was - big time. Three schools are roofless! Thank God no one was hurt!!!

check in:

cals: good, sodium could have been better
    exercise: walking and dancing with students - not much though
    water: 90 oz.
    proud: I had a good day - finally!!! :love:
  • Momma24
    Momma24 Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    Hello Blue, so glad to see you. I am holding you to stopping by regularly

Yay lildeb and Blue we made it through day one of restart.

Calories: Perfect with 1 left over:laugh:
    Exercise: YES! Burned more than 400
    Water: 72 ounces

Proud that today was a success....................Yay Momma...........:glasses:

Lstpaul, I hope you are fine after eating warm pickles, cream cheese and ham:flowerforyou:
  • Positively_Me
    Positively_Me Posts: 1,500 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies!

I have been so busy and trying to do everything (all at once) and it is extreamly hard...I am hoping within the next week things will fall into place and I have less to do.

Miss ya all:heart:

Laila
  • awestfall
    awestfall Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    Jess you are worth hunting down:flowerforyou: :laugh:
    Same here thanks for hunting me too and I am not setting a time frame either just a goal and reward.

lose 20 pounds I get a mani and pedi
    lose 40 pounds New outfit
    lose 60 pounds get my tattoo
    lose 80 pounds another new outfit
    lose 100 pounds and get my goal weight 133 shopping spree WOOOHHHOOOO
  • lstpaul
    lstpaul Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    checking in for yesterday:
    calories: ok (ate almost all my exercise cals)
    exercise: good - an hour of step
    water: pretty good - about 90 oz
    proud: that I got closer to back on track

My scale is saying I gained 1.5 pounds over the weekend, I really want to get that off by Friday. I was in such a good groove, I'm mad that I let myself get derailed over the weekend and I don't want it to turn into a longer derailment like I have done in the past.

Good job everyone for yesterday, and have a good day today!

p.s. no bad consequences from my warm pickle wraps yesterday, whew!
  • awestfall
    Options
    checking in for yesterday:
    calories: ok (ate almost all my exercise cals)
    exercise: good - an hour of step
    water: pretty good - about 90 oz
    proud: that I got closer to back on track

My scale is saying I gained 1.5 pounds over the weekend, I really want to get that off by Friday. I was in such a good groove, I'm mad that I let myself get derailed over the weekend and I don't want it to turn into a longer derailment like I have done in the past.

Good job everyone for yesterday, and have a good day today!

p.s. no bad consequences from my warm pickle wraps yesterday, whew!
    Don't beat yourself up over 1.5 pound gain !! I gained the same amount last week and I am ok with it because I know it will come back off.Look at it this way at least it was 10 pounds and its probably just water weight anyways
  • RedneckWmn
    RedneckWmn Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    Check in for 4/25
    Calories: 1535 (A really rough estimate!)
    Water: 128oz
    Exericse: None..besides the walk to and from the ball park from the parking lot!
  • ladeb
    ladeb Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Calories - slightly under by 1400 calories (not counting anything added for exercise)
    Exercise - 10 minutes on elliptical & 50 minutes circuit training with PT
    Water - 6-7 cups, mostly at gym, tomorrow will drink at least 3 cups before the gym
    Proud - I have logged!
  • Momma24
    Options
    Good Morning. My baby rode the bus to school today. Oh that scares me to death but with gas prices as they are 4.19 per gal I just can't keep taking him. They have aides that come get him off the bus but I like the idea of putting him in his classroom. When I was in kinder in 1975 The busdriver took me to a bus stop and I said this is not my stop. She said sorry but it is the last stop on my route so you have to get off. I was 4 years old. I started walking and crying when I came to a 4 lane main busy road. I crossed the street and a man at a gas station looked at my name tag and said my last name, I know your father. I, relieved said you do? Yes says the man let me give you a ride home. I said YES!!!! Even though I never met this man before in my life. Hey he knew my last name he must know my dad. Did not matter that I had a big huge name tag with yarn around my neck that had my last name in bold black letters.....When we got to my house My mother seemed to have leaped from the house to the driveway in a single bound looking as if someone had died. (I now understand, she never met these people before in her life and they have her child in their car) Long story short.... My father is Sicilian and had a temper to match and that transportation department recieved a visit from my father. I was never let off at the wrong stop again. So now I am a freak when it comes to the bus.. An absolute freak.. It scares me. You would think after 4 children I would quit being a freak but now every kinder that I have a am fanatical about verifying times and places that the bus is going to be with my kids. As a matter of fact I have e-mailed and called my sons teacher this morning to make sure she knows to get him off of the bus....:smile: I plan to call her in 30 minutes to make sure that she gets my call..... Yes a freak that is what I am:laugh:
  • awestfall
    Options
    Good Morning. My baby rode the bus to school today. Oh that scares me to death but with gas prices as they are 4.19 per gal I just can't keep taking him. They have aides that come get him off the bus but I like the idea of putting him in his classroom. When I was in kinder in 1975 The busdriver took me to a bus stop and I said this is not my stop. She said sorry but it is the last stop on my route so you have to get off. I was 4 years old. I started walking and crying when I came to a 4 lane main busy road. I crossed the street and a man at a gas station looked at my name tag and said my last name, I know your father. I, relieved said you do? Yes says the man let me give you a ride home. I said YES!!!! Even though I never met this man before in my life. Hey he knew my last name he must know my dad. Did not matter that I had a big huge name tag with yarn around my neck that had my last name in bold black letters.....When we got to my house My mother seemed to have leaped from the house to the driveway in a single bound looking as if someone had died. (I now understand, she never met these people before in her life and they have her child in their car) Long story short.... My father is Sicilian and had a temper to match and that transportation department recieved a visit from my father. I was never let off at the wrong stop again. So now I am a freak when it comes to the bus.. An absolute freak.. It scares me. You would think after 4 children I would quit being a freak but now every kinder that I have a am fanatical about verifying times and places that the bus is going to be with my kids. As a matter of fact I have e-mailed and called my sons teacher this morning to make sure she knows to get him off of the bus....:smile: I plan to call her in 30 minutes to make sure that she gets my call..... Yes a freak that is what I am:laugh:
    Momma I would be the exact same way in fact I am and my middle daughters school is just right up the rode less than 2 miles lol.She is in kindergarten and I worry about her getting on and off the right bus but the teachers do help them and I know I am not that far away if she misses the bus in the evenings.
  • HeatherMN
    HeatherMN Posts: 3,821 Member
    Options
    Nancy: Glad to have you back. So happy to hear you did not sustain any tornado damage, but what a bummer that some of the schools in your district did!

Checking in for yesterday:
    Calories: Over
    Water: Under...33.8 oz.
    Exercise: None
    Proud: That I only gained 3 lbs. from my weekend binging?
  • Momma24
    Options
    :heart: Baby Boy :heart: arrived at school safe..... Yes, they called to let me know. Ha!!!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • elmox
    elmox Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    It's just so GOOD to see everyone back and posting. All the sisters, back together!

I have an interview today - for a job I really want. I was up late last night working on the hiring project (have to do sample work). I got a decent amount of sleep, but TOM arrived today and I have killer cramps and an awful headache. I'm going to stick around work for another 30-60 min and then decide if I want to go home and rest before the interview (it's a phone interview, so I could do it from home). I really want to be at my best and I am NOT there right now.

I got super munchy last night working on the project and ate a bunch of Easter candy, so I'm over for yesterday....oh well. Glad most of us had good days!

Cals - Over - 1855
    Water - GREAT! 120 oz
    Exercise - None really
    Proud - Feel good about the project I did and feeling pretty confident about the interview today. I'll be sure to let you all know how it goes!
  • andreasoulcastle
    andreasoulcastle Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone, I hope you all had a wonderful Easter Holiday?! Tell me about it! Mine was sort of sad, first time being away from friends and family during this holiday since the move from west coast to east coast...and Easter is the one day that my family really goes all out, I'm talking huge extravaganza full of bbq lunch picnics with scheduled games with prizes for the winners..oh ya and my Tio (uncle) Larry makes his golden egg for the kids during the egg hunt filled with the infamous 20 dollar bill and after all of that..a huge ham and turkey feast for dinner....
    I MISSED ITTTTT.

As for me, it totally had a huge wake up call today as I stepped on the scale and saw it reading 259!!! I am a total yo yo dieter...I need to break out of this cycle and stay on track for more than 3 months at a timeeeee. I honestly can't allow myself to be sad about this because...well...IT'S MY FAULT...I wanted to be at 30 pounds lost by my birthday which is June 9, not there but happy I have at least lost. I can turn this around.

My bf and I decided that we want to adopt a dog, we have been thinking about it for the past 2 years and feel that we are ready. I am sooooo excited! We wont be able to start looking until around my birthday but it is cool to have something like that to look forward too, so right now I am doing all the research I can to get myself ready. Are any of you dog owners? Any words of advice?

Andrea
  • lstpaul
    lstpaul Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    OH momma24, I feel for you! I followed the bus quite a few days when my daughter started school! and my 10-yr-old hasn't taken the bus yet and it is a relief. I can't believe the experience you had when you were little, how scary!

andreasoulcastle - we have a lab mix, and my advice would be that not all dogs are created equal so make sure you get to know your prospective dog a little before getting them. We thought all labs were friendly dogs, ours is not. She is very nervous and snaps at strangers - not much fun to bring her anywhere! Part of it is probably just her temperament, but we also should have socialized her more when she was a 'teenager'. We did all the puppy training classes, and socialized her when she was a puppy - but then when she got a bit older we went through a few years where she didn't have much exposure to strangers, and I think that has a lot to do with the way she reacts to them now.

I just got done with my nutrition class. Tonight's lesson was about how cravings are a physical reaction to low blood sugar and how important it is to keep our blood sugar balanced to help us stop cravings. Very true, my cravings have gotten a lot better since starting to eat snacks with protein and healthy fats in between meals.
  • lildebbie
    Options
    momma - i am glad he made it okay :smile: I was nervous about sending serena on the bus, but once she started going on it she loved riding the bus.

lauren - Good luck with the interview.

andrea - We just adopted a dog last week. We rescued him from the pound., we spend some time with him at the pound in a room with the kids and outside, he was soo super sweet. He is stil getting used to us and our other dog. I am allergic to most types of dogs, so my options on types is limited. We have 2 ****zu's

Check in -
    cals - under by 7 (including exercise cals)
    Water - Nada -
    exercise - 38 min on the kinnects
    Proud - Day 2 on back on track, and today was super super stressful with work and i didn't go for the snacking , didn't do good on water but no snacking.
  • bluenote
    bluenote Posts: 2,930
    Options
    I'm back! Day two! I made it through two days of eating well. Whew. Sounds like I just ran a marathon! I even exercised today. I went to the gym for 30 minutes. I used to do 60, but that's OK - gotta start somewhere.

I have to tell you sisters about my depressing day. I'm not writing it for pity or for excuses, but to share with you the pain of being "in the spotlight" and hoping you can all relate.

Today I had TWO different kids tell me in their own "innocent" way that I am gaining weight. It was devastating. The first was one of my KGers. A few weeks ago he told me he thought I was losing weight. Well, it was really only that I was wearing something complimentary. But I took the compliment. Today he came up to me and said, "Remember when I told you you were losing weight? Well, not anymore. You put it all back on." I was in shock. Out of the mouths of babes.

Then in the afternoon one of my second graders announced out loud in class, "You are getting bigger and bigger." Talk about devastation. The scary feelings of being a failure AGAIN reared their ugly heads. Did I actually gain a lot of weight? Have I been fooling myself for two months? I am petrified to weigh myself. If I've gained a LOT, I will be crushed. I know I've gained, but sisters let me tell you, I will fold like a deck of cards if I see the 400 number again.

So there you have it. My life the last two months.

check in:
    cals: OK
    exercise: 30 minutes at gym
    water: 90
    proud: I am here. Day two.
  • lildebbie
    Options
    blue i fell your pain..i can just imagine how horrifying it would be. I know sometimes kids just say what they think without others feelings. There was a little boy at abby's day care that would ask if i was having a baby all the time.

I was horrified to see that I was over 280 on monday exactly where i was 1 year ago, but nothing to do but move forward.

We here for you, just keep at it and it will come back off!!