Starting over and not giving up Challenge!!

Options

Replies

• Angiebangie
    Angiebangie Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Daily motivation:

The first few are quotes, the last few are my personal ones, I have this in my kitchen,

Start from where you are. It is the only place you can.
    Don’t give up what you want most for what you want at the moment.
    Understand that you are capable of making significant changes. Then prove yourself right.
    Just get started. Then don’t quit.
    When you stretch yourself, you find out how strong you are.
    I always regret it when I don’t. I never regret it when I do.
    I am in training.
    I want to reach my ideal body weight.
    I want to have a clean and healthy body.
    I want to build muscle and reduce body fat.
    I do not want to indulge in sweets because they are packed with artificial ingredients.
    When I over-eat or indulge in sweets I perspire more, retain water, and get very tired.
  • arjames82
    Options
    So I thought I was going to make it to the gym for a 2nd workout tonight, but that's not going to happen. I've cleaned my house from top to bottom and I am exhausted. However, while I am watching The Biggest Loser tonight, I'm going to do my workout routine during commercial breaks. I do things such as jumping jacks, running in place, push ups, sit ups, etc. during the commercial breaks for the entire 2 hour show. It does seem like a lot while doing it because it's just 2 minute intervals, but it really does add up.

Hope everyone else is having a great day!:bigsmile:
  • roughneckswife
    roughneckswife Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Ya'll are doing so good!!
    Today I have:
    60 crunches
    60 squats
    45 pushups
    Why can't I make myself get on my elliptical?? UGH
  • arjames82
    Options
    Today was an ok day for me. I ate within my calories and earned an extra 680 calories at the gym (I don't eat my exercise calories).

How's everyone else doing?
  • Angiebangie
    Angiebangie Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Yay! I ran 6 miles today even though I was only planning on 3, but I got to the 2 mile turn-around (already went a 1/2 mile more!) and felt so good I just kept on running to the 3 mile turn-around.

Ticker doesn't show, but I went down .4 from yesterday too, and every bit counts!

Feeling good, sticking to my diet, will do my "Making the Cut" workout again tomorrow, and run too!
  • arjames82
    Options
    Yay! I ran 6 miles today even though I was only planning on 3, but I got to the 2 mile turn-around (already went a 1/2 mile more!) and felt so good I just kept on running to the 3 mile turn-around.

Ticker doesn't show, but I went down .4 from yesterday too, and every bit counts!

Feeling good, sticking to my diet, will do my "Making the Cut" workout again tomorrow, and run too!

You inspire me:bigsmile: . I wish I could run 6 miles. I can run 1 now, but even that's a struggle.
  • roughneckswife
    roughneckswife Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday girls!!
    Just wanted to see how everyone was doing?
  • Vanessa414
    Options
    Well, I think this is definitely the challenge for me!

I was down 20 lbs at the beginning of the summer but now... well, I'm actually up 8 lbs from my beginning weight. :sad:

So essentially I've gained 28 lbs in 3 months. That's really not good huh?

My family and I are going through some really tough and stressful times right now. My boyfriend just lost his job and I don't know what we're going to do.

I had to quit the gym, but I do still have cable (for the time being) so for exercise I'm going to do those videos. The 30 Day Shred by Jillian Michaels is my favorite.

I take a lot of measurements so bare with me. :wink:

So here are my starting stats:

Current weight: 205
    Goal weight: 135
    Goal loss per week: 2 lbs
    MEASURMENTS:
    Neck: 14"
    Hips: 42"
    Arm: 14.75"
    Around my bellybutton: 44"
    Around my pouch: 43.75"
    Thigh: 26.25"
    Calf: 16.75"
    Upper Waist: 16.75
    Chest: 43"
    Butt: 43.25"

I'm looking forward to this!
  • arjames82
    Options
    Happy Monday Everyone! It's our first check in day. I'll be going to the gym later on this evening to get my official two week weight loss and will update later on. Good luck to everyone else!:bigsmile:
  • phatchic91
    Options
    hey ladies,
    is it way 2 late 4 me 2 join n on the group? i've just now saw this post so i'd have been here earlier if i'd have known.
  • arjames82
    Options
    hey ladies,
    is it way 2 late 4 me 2 join n on the group? i've just now saw this post so i'd have been here earlier if i'd have known.

Come on in...the more the merrier:drinker:
  • arjames82
    Options
    Hi! I'm Alecia and this looks like the challenge for me. Prior to today, I was down 30 pounds, but I''ve been back-sliding over the past few months and 10 pounds have magically reappeared:angry: . I definitely need some motivation to get back on track.

11/03/2008
    WEIGHT = 203lbs
    RIGHT BICEP = 14 inches
    CHEST = 41 inches
    WAIST = 39 inches
    HIPS = 48 inches
    RIGHT THIGH = 27.5 inches

HABITS:
    :grumble: I am ADDICTED to fast food. The smell of french fries literally makes me drool. Fast food is my kryptonite. I do not know how to eat it in moderation. I need a combo and I need it BIGGIE SIZED!
    :grumble: I am also a slave to McDonald’s sweet tea…so good!

OVERCOME:
    :flowerforyou: BE PREPARED! I plan on planning my meals for the week in advance. As I type, I am getting ready to cook and store my lunches and dinners for the rest of the week. The Reynold's HandiVac is amazing!
    :flowerforyou: Stop allowing one bad meal to become a bad week of meals. If I make a mistake, enjoy it:bigsmile: and then make better choices at the next meal.
    :flowerforyou: Keep working out with my personal trainer. He has brought me a long way in the gym, but I know I am going to have to do the rest by improving my eating habits.

So here's my official two week update...

11/17/2008
    WEIGHT = 199 lbs (lost 4 lbs:bigsmile: )
    RIGHT BICEP = 13.5 inches (lost 0.5 inches:smile: )
    CHEST = 41 inches (lost 0 inches...and I'm happy about that! I'm trying to keep the girls:laugh: )
    WAIST = 37 inches (lost 2 inches:drinker: )
    HIPS = 46 inches (lost 2 inches:tongue: )
    RIGHT THIGH = 26.5 inches (lost 1 inch:love: )

Over the past two weeks, I have really been able to CUT DOWN on my fast food intake. I can't honestly say that I've cut it out completely, but I'm not eating out 3 times a day, and when I do eat out I make much better choices. I have also gotten better at tracking EVERYTHING that I eat. I've stopped playing the invisible game where if I don't enter the food into my journal for the day, the calories don't count. Even if I slip up and eat a candy bar, I log it and find an activity to make up for the calories.

So....how did everyone else do?????:huh:
  • mellymlk
    mellymlk Posts: 187
    Options
    Hi girls I've been MIA because I've been so busy. I've been working my butt OFF!!! I've lost 14 pounds in 2 weeks. CRAZY! I'm eating to so good to.

I'm gonna update everyone in a bit : )

AWEsome keeping with it girls
  • arjames82
    Options
    Hi girls I've been MIA because I've been so busy. I've been working my butt OFF!!! I've lost 14 pounds in 2 weeks. CRAZY! I'm eating to so good to.

I'm gonna update everyone in a bit : )

AWEsome keeping with it girls

14 pounds! That's incredible! Congratulations:drinker: :bigsmile: :smile: :laugh: :happy: :glasses: :flowerforyou:
  • arjames82
    Options
    So ladies, I have a challenge coming up this weekend. I'm going on road trip from Virginia to South Carolina with some of my sorority sisters from college and I am TERRIFIED! We're leaving on Thursday and coming back on Sunday. I can see the weekend clearly in my mind...booze, food, and then more booze. How on earth am I supposed to make it through those four days without gaining back the 24 pounds that I've lost? I don't want to be the party pooper who ruins the entire weekend by having the group plan everything around my need to only eat places who have nutritional information available, but at the same time I don't want to undo all of the hard work I've done:grumble:
  • notsosimplyabby
    notsosimplyabby Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I AM SO READY TO LOOSE WEIGHT!
    :bigsmile:

I am not sure of my mesurements but..
    11/20/08
    Weight= 148

I know that you might be rolling your eyes right now but i am disgusted with myself.
    4 years ago I lost 40 pounds and I was the happiest girl ever! I hit a plateau when my family took a vacation to the Florida keys. Burgers, pasta, anything fattening that I had strayed away from for months, I ate! But now i am ready to loose those last 10 or 15 pounds! Not just to look better but to be healthier!

My Bad Habits Include:
    I constantly eat when I'm bored
    I eat when I study or watch TV
    Eat late at night
    eat junk food/fast food

Why I'm doing this:
    to become a healthier person
    BIKINI this summer
    to overall look better
    to fit into the bridesmaid dress in April
  • arjames82
    Options
    I AM SO READY TO LOOSE WEIGHT!
    :bigsmile:

I am not sure of my mesurements but..
    11/20/08
    Weight= 148

I know that you might be rolling your eyes right now but i am disgusted with myself.
    4 years ago I lost 40 pounds and I was the happiest girl ever! I hit a plateau when my family took a vacation to the Florida keys. Burgers, pasta, anything fattening that I had strayed away from for months, I ate! But now i am ready to loose those last 10 or 15 pounds! Not just to look better but to be healthier!

My Bad Habits Include:
    I constantly eat when I'm bored
    I eat when I study or watch TV
    Eat late at night
    eat junk food/fast food

Why I'm doing this:
    to become a healthier person
    BIKINI this summer
    to overall look better
    to fit into the bridesmaid dress in April

Welcome Abby! Good luck to you!
  • stephiepoo
    Options
    Hey I think this is a great idea and motivator.

November 20th
    Weight: 204lbs
    Measurements:
    Arms: 15 1/2''
    Waist: 38''
    Thighs: 26''
    Hips: 45''

Bad Habits:

:frown: Late night eating/snacking.
    :frown: Eat when someone else is eating.
    :frown: Eat when bored or anxious or just to eat.
    :frown: Sedentary lifestyle.
    :frown: High calorie unhealthy snacks cravings
    :frown: Not drinking enough water
    :frown: Not eating healthy.
    :frown: Over eating

Overcome:

:smile: Not allowing one bad day ruin it for the week. If I go over my calories goal for the day,make better choices the next day.
    :smile: Keep logging in all my foods everyday and strive to do even better the next.
    :smile: Eat more healthy natural snacks instead of high calorie processed snacks.
    :smile: Start some kind of exercise routine soon.
    :smile: Don't let temptations and cravings beat me, if I get any I will come here for support before indulging.
    :smile: Try everyday to eat healthier.
    :smile: Keep coming here for support and motivation
  • arjames82
    Options
    Hey I think this is a great idea and motivator.

November 20th
    Weight: 204lbs
    Measurements:
    Arms: 15 1/2''
    Waist: 38''
    Thighs: 26''
    Hips: 45''

Bad Habits:

:frown: Late night eating/snacking.
    :frown: Eat when someone else is eating.
    :frown: Eat when bored or anxious or just to eat.
    :frown: Sedentary lifestyle.
    :frown: High calorie unhealthy snacks cravings
    :frown: Not drinking enough water
    :frown: Not eating healthy.
    :frown: Over eating

Overcome:

:smile: Not allowing one bad day ruin it for the week. If I go over my calories goal for the day,make better choices the next day.
    :smile: Keep logging in all my foods everyday and strive to do even better the next.
    :smile: Eat more healthy natural snacks instead of high calorie processed snacks.
    :smile: Start some kind of exercise routine soon.
    :smile: Don't let temptations and cravings beat me, if I get any I will come here for support before indulging.
    :smile: Try everyday to eat healthier.
    :smile: Keep coming here for support and motivation

Welcome Stepie and good luck to you!:bigsmile:
  • arjames82
    Options
    Good Monday Morning Everyone!

Well this week feels like starting over week for me. I have been in South Carolina since Friday with a group of girl friends from college. We pretty much turned into college kids again and ate and drank as much as humanly possible, so I have absolutely no intentions of getting on a scale today. I plan on working my but off this week to undo whatever damage I have done this week. :blushing:

Hope everyone has a great week!:flowerforyou: