Random acts of kindness - What have you done lately?

Options

Replies

• mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    I was nice to everyone I posted comments to on MFP.
  • jspanman
    jspanman Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    A lady dropped the entire contents of her purse on the street so I helped pick it all up....

Very nice of you. This happened to me when I was out with a girlfriend at a bar. A gentleman helped pick everything up and I set him up with my friend. He's a lucky man!

Ha ha she was a little bit to old to have friends anywhere near my age :)

Perhaps she was a cougar?! :happy:

I'm going to say her being a cougar was out of her age bracket too :)
  • _SantaClause
    _SantaClause Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I bought the couple behind me their Starbucks order the other day.

I felt good about that
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,932 Member
    Options
    I helped a nice old lady out of her Corvette in the middle of an intersection and took it off her hands
  • giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    Options
    I re-racked every weight in the weight room today before I left, and organized them by size properly.

The girl working today is itty bitty and people leave it for her to do. Makes me upset.
  • FabulousFantasticFifty
    FabulousFantasticFifty Posts: 195,833 Member
    Options
    I treated a new friend at Fit Camp to a Manicure and Shellac because she was down.
  • elprincipito
    elprincipito Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    i honked at a dude who was gonna swerve into my lane
  • 32sami
    32sami Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    I've made a commitment to pay it forward to 4 people before the end of the year, I bought my parents plane tickets, I'm planning a birthday surprise for a co-worker, not sure what else I've done lately :/ Oh, I haven't gotten into any fights in the forums for a long time. :)
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    A homeless guy told me he needed a little more money to buy his pack of cigs and I gave it to him, and I thought it was cool that he was honest about that even though I do not condone smoking.
  • prwhicks
    prwhicks Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Not the most recent but ... Winter storm in March, arrived early at the airport to pick up my GF. There was a handful of people stranded overnight due to canceled flights. It was after midnight and the airport cafeteria was closed. I drove to a nearby restaurant and bought them drinks and muffins to tide them over. Arrived back just in time to pick up my GF.
  • FabulousFantasticFifty
    FabulousFantasticFifty Posts: 195,833 Member
    Options
    I saw a homeless man who was on the street and my heart was telling me that he really needed help. I waited in line for nearly twenty minutes buying him a meal then went back and he was gone. I gave the meal to another homeless man with a sign asking for Money which I will usually not pay attention to, then around the corner I saw the first Homeless man and felt terrible because my heart was telling me that I needed to help him, and sappy me started to cry. I had no more money so went home over 5 mi away and made him a nice hot meal when it began to thunderstorm, but I was determined, so took the chance and drove back and of course he was gone! I drove around looking in all the covered areas hoping to find him and after about 15min I found him under the awning of a drug store. I got out of my car in the pouring rain and gave him the meal along with my Blessings and told him that God was looking after him.

I have given many times before actually very often but rarely will my heart pull at me like that day. Once a few years ago I worked up the courage after months of seeing a Homeless man in the same area to buy him a meal. When i returned, he too was gone and again I cried like a baby because I just knew he needed my help that day. I never saw him again and wonder why.

We can't always help those in need but I've learned that a friendly Hello or even a hug if you are willing, can make all of the difference in the world to those who are lost! :smile:

Blessings friends!!! :heart:
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,066 Member
    Options
    Book marking this so I can find this thread again.
  • JeffInJax
    JeffInJax Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Guy at the convenient store was trying to get work with construction crews as he had been unemployed for a while and was only asking for a cup of coffee. Every morning for two weeks bought him a cup of coffee and a bagel a few months back. Last week he saw me at publix and paid my grocery bill even though I told him not to worry about it.
  • mikeshockley
    mikeshockley Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    My wife and I adopted an 11 year old Bichon Frise with diabetes (we give her insulin shots 2x/day) that someone had brought in to our vet to be put down. Her previous owners are on their late 80's and couldn't care for her anymore, so their son brought her in to be euthanised. Luckily, the vet and staff just couldn't do it, and held on to her for a couple of weeks, hoping someone would take her. Besides the diabetes, she's as full of life as a puppy!!
  • Misshodge64
    Misshodge64 Posts: 8,588 Member
    Options
    Honestly prayed for a lady on here who may have fibroids, along with helping someone to buy some food for the church. At the end of day, you need me and I need you. :p
  • NS81
    NS81 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Not kill them...Jk....sorta

Ha! This would be my answer this week too!
  • margaretturk
    edited October 2014
    Options
    I learned if you want to change your picture on the discussion boards you have to do it there. When you change it on the profile site it will only change it on your where you comment on friends not the forums. I also had to download from my computer. I could not access my saved profile pictures. I learned this in another thread. Go to message board preferences. It will say change picture for forum sites.

The rose was from my mom's garden. It is from a 50 year old bush and smelled like a real rose. WONDERFUL. :drinker:

I meant to post this in another forum. If it helps you it is my intentional act of kindness today.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    I've done stuff, but the idea is that no one needs to know. A true act of kindness is doing something for someone who can offer you (and asking for) nothing back that no one will ever know about.
  • margaretturk
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Chaelaz wrote: »
    I've done stuff, but the idea is that no one needs to know. A true act of kindness is doing something for someone who can offer you (and asking for) nothing back that no one will ever know about.

I agree that is the not telling is a true act of kindness. :flowerforyou: For me coming and reading what people do gives me more ideas of ways to be kind. I like to read these when I have had a hard day at work. That is why I found this thread again after the change in format and bookmarked it for myself.

• Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    And I have talked to people about things I have done, so I am not trying to be a hypocrite. I am trying to do better about thinking less of me and more of others.