site tells me to eat almost 3k cals a day,,,but I eat half that and still dont loose

Options

Replies

• cvcman
    cvcman Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    no i mean like your comments on the cals in ONE tablespoon of oatmeal,,,your numbers are WAY off...pls just pass this by and refrain from replying...thx
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,624 Member
    Options
    cvcman wrote: »
    ana...PLEASE READ...today ONLY I ate 6 grams...1 tablespoon for breakfast...then 1 tablespoon was put into TWO burgers....I ate ONE of these...so an additional 1/2 tablespoon...its NOTHING !...zeez
    The 1 tbsp is 6-8grams, so you ate at least 10g, which is about 40 cals, which is twice what is in your log for the entire day's worth of oats. So this is just an example of how one poorly logged entry can affect your calories, and because of how you log we assume that you probably just need to overhaul your methods. Make sure you're actually weighing and logging the weight. If you compare your diary to mine, you will see how everything I entered has a weight in grams. This is because I weigh everything, I am not just estimating or using a very small volume measurement.
  • cvcman
    Options
    ana...I NEVER eat peanut butter :)
  • cvcman
    Options
    lossinmamma...you and frob share many of the same qualities
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    5'8" and 140? What exactly is the problem here? If you're trying to lose weight, you should seek help. If you're eating 3k cals a day and shocked that you're maintaining, the ladies here should flog you. I'm 5'10" and 158ish and get called too skinny almost every day.
  • 12pillows
    12pillows Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    12 pillows...so we find ONE entry off by 12 calories...so now EVERYTHING is off ??????? really ????

Based on your attitude and logging, I'd say yes.

Once again. Why do you care and what do you want? Since you've already stated you don't want to lose weight?

The site works if you're willing to use it properly, I'll use mine and the countless others on here that have had success as evidence. So what is it that you want?
  • cvcman
    Options
    OMG ana...try and grasp this PLEASE....you are splitting hairs...AGAIN even if you throw another 300 cals on my numbers for inaccurate logging...which is not true,,,Im STILL under.....
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    And how do you heat 1 freaking tablespoon of oatmeal without it drying into a thin layer of crust in the bowl? This has to be a joke!
  • cvcman
    Options
    fool....man thats the pot calling the kettle black,lol
  • cvcman
    Options
    well sonic...I do it EVERYDAY...you put one tablespoon in a bowl...add enough water to cover it...microwave for 1 minute...its perfect....I only do it because if I dont have a little something in my gut when i run I get like acid reflux burn....it works and ive been doing it for 5 yrs...
  • shai74
    shai74 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    Shai,,,/2 bottle of wine ???? I eat lots of fruits, veggies, fish almost everyday...very little meat...my food is rubbish...me thinks you are crazy/// and im not "defensive" except when people throw out numbers tat are totally WRONG...and then say im not logging accurate....my 7 day a week exercise alone would kill alot of people and thats just my cardio...not counting my work level and weights....so again im under on recomended carbs too ...cut the pretzles...why ? A calorie is a calorie...

Yes, your diary shows you as having 10oz of wine a day. That's damn near half a bottle. Alcohol EVERY day will stall weightloss. A calorie is not a calorie. 20 years of trying to lose weight has taught me that. Once I learned that lesson I've dropped 53lbs. Your carbs are very high, your fat and protein are too low. Your food is rubbish, over 2/3 of your calories come from nuts and pretzels and alcohol. You can call me names if you want, but you can see that right? All of which would all be relevant if you had weight to lose, but you don't. So I'm not sure what you're complaining about.

Before you shoot me back a flippant reply, think about this. You made this post. You asked people to look at your diary and comment on what they thought could be a problem. You asked for scrutiny and opinions based on people's experiences. Take them on board, and thank them for bothering to try and help you. See if any of it helps with the issues you think you're having. Make some changes to your diet, don't get all huffy and defend your right to eat what you clearly feel ISN'T working. If you know everything you wouldn't have asked.
  • cvcman
    Options
    lossinmamma...yea im sure you do...you sound and look very smart :)
  • FIT_Goat
    FIT_Goat Posts: 4,224 Member
    Options
    OMG ana...try and grasp this PLEASE....you are splitting hairs...AGAIN even if you throw another 300 cals on my numbers for inaccurate logging...which is not true,,,Im STILL under.....

I think being off by only 300 calories a day is very optimistic, very optimistic. Throw in a similar amount of inaccuracy with your logging of exercise (especially considering physical adaptation to repeated aerobic exercise and how it reduces the calories burned from the same activity) and there is just no way to know anything at all about what you're really taking in or putting out with respect to calories.
  • cvcman
    Options
    shai...thats plain bs....I lost over 50 pounds drinking red wine,,,10 ozs everyday....again a calorie is a calorie no matter what you think...its been proven over and over again...my carbs are high ????? man you are loosing your mind NOT weight lol tell ya what...come run or bike with me and Ill see where you are when we are done...then eat about 150 carbs a day...then we will see where YOU are :)
  • shai74
    shai74 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    shai...thats plain bs....I lost over 50 pounds drinking red wine,,,10 ozs everyday....again a calorie is a calorie no matter what you think...its been proven over and over again...my carbs are high ????? man you are loosing your mind NOT weight lol tell ya what...come run or bike with me and Ill see where you are when we are done...then eat about 150 carbs a day...then we will see where YOU are :)

You, sir, are a rude man, and should apologise to everyone who's time you've wasted.

Oh, and an absolute legend for doing all that exercise, good on you.

Your mother didn't bring you up right if you think that insults and name calling are an appropriate response to people who are offering you help. Kharma is a *kitten* mate, and I hope you get yours.