site tells me to eat almost 3k cals a day,,,but I eat half that and still dont loose

Options

Replies

• cvcman
    cvcman Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    frob...I tought you were outta this ??? again go back to your posts about cals in oatmeal..that tells your knowledge on exercise and diet !
  • cvcman
    Options
    Losinmamma...I can see what you suffer from :)
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    Options
    cvcman wrote: »
    OMG ana...try and grasp this PLEASE....you are splitting hairs...AGAIN even if you throw another 300 cals on my numbers for inaccurate logging...which is not true,,,Im STILL under.....

You may be under your MFP calorie intake goal, but that does not mean that your MFP calorie goal is accurate for your needs. So you could very well be 300 below your goals, but then that intake might actually be your maintenance or above. Inaccurate logging further makes this difficult to properly address.
  • Cortneyrenee04
    Cortneyrenee04 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    lossinmamma...yea im sure you do...you sound and look very smart :)

You're so rude. And you're not looking so smart yourself.
  • cvcman
    Options
    shai,,,,I treat people like they treat me...if you dont like that DONT RESPOND ...its really that easy...if you are going to come to MY post and spout total BS and expect me to kiss your butt...you are mistaken ! So TRY to chg the way you respond or just keep quiet....you dont have to post ...
  • cvcman
    Options
    Courtney...Thank you :)
  • taramccallen
    Options
    Hey cvcman, When I look at your diary it looks very low. I would hazard a guess that you are running such a deficit that your body is in starvation mode.
    For protein you should be eating 1g of protein for every pound, so if you are 140 you should eat 140. MFP is always going to give you more calories because it suggests that we "eat" back the ones we burn. This doesn't make sense in the real world. When we want to lose weight we stick to calories and don't over eat. My question to you is what are you trying to loss? Why do you need to loss more if you are 5'7 at 140? Your BMI is in the normal range, and by the looks of it you almost over exercise! Are you training for something? What is your reasoning? I agree that 3000 calories is way to much, but for your exercise level and current weight 2100 calories would benefit you to gain muscle.
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    Options
    shai74 wrote: »
    Shai,,,/2 bottle of wine ???? I eat lots of fruits, veggies, fish almost everyday...very little meat...my food is rubbish...me thinks you are crazy/// and im not "defensive" except when people throw out numbers tat are totally WRONG...and then say im not logging accurate....my 7 day a week exercise alone would kill alot of people and thats just my cardio...not counting my work level and weights....so again im under on recomended carbs too ...cut the pretzles...why ? A calorie is a calorie...

Yes, your diary shows you as having 10oz of wine a day. That's damn near half a bottle. Alcohol EVERY day will stall weightloss. A calorie is not a calorie. 20 years of trying to lose weight has taught me that. Once I learned that lesson I've dropped 53lbs. Your carbs are very high, your fat and protein are too low. Your food is rubbish, over 2/3 of your calories come from nuts and pretzels and alcohol. You can call me names if you want, but you can see that right? All of which would all be relevant if you had weight to lose, but you don't. So I'm not sure what you're complaining about.

Before you shoot me back a flippant reply, think about this. You made this post. You asked people to look at your diary and comment on what they thought could be a problem. You asked for scrutiny and opinions based on people's experiences. Take them on board, and thank them for bothering to try and help you. See if any of it helps with the issues you think you're having. Make some changes to your diet, don't get all huffy and defend your right to eat what you clearly feel ISN'T working. If you know everything you wouldn't have asked.

Just throwing this out there, if you look at my diary you will see I very regularly eat crappy food. I'm also halfway to my current goal, and I doubt I'll want to get much lower than 140. So... I've lost weight eating crap because I'm at a caloric deficit.

However, inaccuracies in logging and not eating below your maintenance needs will result in not losing weight. Which can happen regardless of what you are eating.
  • cvcman
    Options
    I knew this was coming...starvation mode is the biggest bunch of bs there is ...there is NO such thing.... I do appreciate your trying to help but I can post you a hundred write ups showing how its plain bs...thx anyway !
  • cvcman
    Options
    read this...and there are MANY others that are experts that will tell and show you its bs....http://www.aworkoutroutine.com/starvation-mode/
  • StephanieL14
    StephanieL14 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    ana3067 wrote: »
    OMG ana...try and grasp this PLEASE....you are splitting hairs...AGAIN even if you throw another 300 cals on my numbers for inaccurate logging...which is not true,,,Im STILL under.....

You may be under your MFP calorie intake goal, but that does not mean that your MFP calorie goal is accurate for your needs. So you could very well be 300 below your goals, but then that intake might actually be your maintenance or above. Inaccurate logging further makes this difficult to properly address.
    Agree with this. Are you sure you're burning 600-700 calories per workout? Where does that number come from because MFP's calorie burns are notoriously high which would increase the site's goal for you. The calculation often needs tweaking to get an appropriate calorie goal for your weight loss/maintenance goal.
  • taramccallen
    Options
    Yup that's your opinion however I have different information I have read and in my opinion your exercise level is way over the top and your calorie intake is way to low. As well as you didn't offer a reason why you still need to lose.... or if you are training for something specific. Good luck figuring it out!
  • cvcman
    Options
    ana...I lost over 50 pounds biking/running and eating the way I do now...I guess MAYBE I wasnt clear...my whole point is yes,,,you can split hairs and nit pick a 20 cals here or there,,,again NOBODYS logging is 100% its impossible to REALLY know the cals in food...but that being said...the site keeps saying " you will weigh 127 pounds" etc,,,not true...I can show you my Garmin web site that has ALL the info from my exercise EVERYDAY...heartrates, pace,mph,miles,cals burned etc,,,we were on vacation for two weeks,,,every day I ran 6 miles in the morning then biked with my wife in the mountains for 2 hours or more EVERYDAY...still didnt loose ,,,or gain...but the site kept telling me I would be under 127 pounds,,,,
  • shai74
    shai74 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    shai,,,,I treat people like they treat me...if you dont like that DONT RESPOND ...its really that easy...if you are going to come to MY post and spout total BS and expect me to kiss your butt...you are mistaken ! So TRY to chg the way you respond or just keep quiet....you dont have to post ...

Lol ... right. You have snapped back a smart *kitten* defensive comment at everyone who offered you suggestions, long before I commented on your post. Not one thing I have "spouted" is "total BS" just what I have learned over the last 20 years. Some people can lose weight eating cr@p. Some can't. I can't lose an ounce on 1400 cals a day eating wheat and sugar and other garbage, or having wine even within my calorie allowance, but eating meat and vegetables and good fat at the same calories (between 1400 and 1600 a day) the weight comes off. I'm not alone on this. Just because you don't understand something, don't call it BS. For alot of people what they eat is just as important as how much, for many reasons. If you don't like comments on your cr@p diet, don't ask people to comment on your diary. Simple.

I don't want you to kiss my anything. But don't be such a d!ck when people are trying to help you.
  • cvcman
    Options
    step...my Garmin shows more than this site for cals burned...it calculates from pace/moh and heartrates....so if you run 6 miles at a 8 pace or better...how many cals would you think that burns ? Im just going by this site AND my Garmin
  • cvcman
    Options
    Tarma...its NOT my opinion..its the EXPERTS proven opinion :)
  • cvcman
    Options
    shai,,,well you have proven my point...pls just quit responding....thank you for your advise
  • cvcman
    Options
    and dont be so thinned skinned.....its really not that important that I agree with your thoughts...at least not to me
  • StephanieL14
    StephanieL14 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    step...my Garmin shows more than this site for cals burned...it calculates from pace/moh and heartrates....so if you run 6 miles at a 8 pace or better...how many cals would you think that burns ? Im just going by this site AND my Garmin
    To be honest, I don't know what that would burn. I just know that MFP overestimates so I change my own exercise logs to about 2/3 of what it suggests. Wasn't sure where you were getting your numbers so I thought I'd throw that out there. Someone else may be able to shed light on actual numbers.