site tells me to eat almost 3k cals a day,,,but I eat half that and still dont loose

Options

Replies

• cvcman
    cvcman Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    yea I can see that....and so do pot stirrers
  • cvcman
    Options
    carriekwi wrote: »
    OP will lose weight when he really wants to.

OP doesnt want to,,,,YOU need to READ OP's ?
  • cvcman
    Options
    karenj_m wrote: »
    You guys still talking about this? Holy Crap!
    trinatrina1984 wrote: »

So just scanning through this am I right in thinking:

OP doesn't want to lose weight
    OP isn't losing weight
    OP doesn't agree with MFP calories goal
    OP spends 8 pages being rude to everyone who tries to offer advice

and let's not forget:

OP's wife isn't talking to him and OP wants attention....and all of you are giving it to him...

Where are the moderators when you need them.....CLOSE THE THREAD.

How do we know this about the wife??

Oh thats easy,,,because they know everything....:)
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    cvcman wrote: »
    This has gotten really outrageous...

Can I ask, OP? Are you asking, because the "you should weigh _____ Lbs " under your food list, says you should be losing but you're not?

BINGO !!!!! Someone here CAN read,,,wow !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok, so where's the problem?

If you're happy with your weight, what you are eating, and are eating enough to sustain your health and activity level, what does it matter what it says? So somewhere the math is slightly off in your energy balance equation compared to what you think it should be based on the numbers, but you've found what works for you and you've found your maintenance calories. Why worry about it?
  • cvcman
    Options
    why close the thread ? that makes zero sense...like alot of the comments here
    I just wish people would read BEFORE jumping on someone...and thats what the handfull of people that messaged me off post said too !
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    I don't really understand what difference it makes either way. Either OP is a special snowflake who from running daily for years and undereating has adapted his metabolism to maintain on 1500ish calories a day OR he estimates poorly. In either case, if he wants to lose weight (which he doesn't), he needs to eat less (or do something else entirely differently).

Is the whole point that MFP is wrong for him? I would say it's pretty good for most people but most people don't run 7miles a day, 365 days a year for years on end and eat toddler portions.
  • cvcman
    Options
    kgeyser wrote: »

Can I ask, OP? Are you asking, because the "you should weigh _____ Lbs " under your food list, says you should be losing but you're not?

BINGO !!!!! Someone here CAN read,,,wow !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you're happy with your weight, what you are eating, and are eating enough to sustain your health and activity level, what does it matter what it says? So somewhere the math is slightly off in your energy balance equation compared to what you think it should be based on the numbers, but you've found what works for you and you've found your maintenance calories. Why worry about it?

Ok,,,,one more time,,,,ill go sllloooowwwww,,,,,,pls try and grasp :) my point is/was other than some VERY slight errors in my logging entries....I logged my exercise, food etc...I eat WAY under what the site says I should be eating...now im being told..dont log exercise ...and put your goals in as sedentary not active...so.....why ? Shouldnt the site be accurate ? Shouldnt we be honest ? so I need to lie about exercise and lifestyle to come up with daily cals of 1500 to 1700 for somebody that works out 7 days a week ????
  • cvcman
    Options
    I don't really understand what difference it makes either way. Either OP is a special snowflake who from running daily for years and undereating has adapted his metabolism to maintain on 1500ish calories a day OR he estimates poorly. In either case, if he wants to lose weight (which he doesn't), he needs to eat less (or do something else entirely differently).

Is the whole point that MFP is wrong for him? I would say it's pretty good for most people but most people don't run 7miles a day, 365 days a year for years on end and eat toddler portions.

Hmmmm...ok...thx for that
  • cvcman
    Options
    You know this is just an idea...instead of stirring the pot and trying to start trouble and asking the thread be closed....how about IF you have NOTHING good to offer or say and cant seem to grasp an easy question...just DONT reply and pass the entire thread by ! That would make sense to me.....
  • girlwithcurls2
    girlwithcurls2 Posts: 2,276 Member
    Options
    None of this makes sense anymore. In before the lock.
  • kgeyser
    Options

Ok,,,,one more time,,,,ill go sllloooowwwww,,,,,,pls try and grasp :) my point is/was other than some VERY slight errors in my logging entries....I logged my exercise, food etc...I eat WAY under what the site says I should be eating...now im being told..dont log exercise ...and put your goals in as sedentary not active...so.....why ? Shouldnt the site be accurate ? Shouldnt we be honest ? so I need to lie about exercise and lifestyle to come up with daily cals of 1500 to 1700 for somebody that works out 7 days a week ????

The site only gives you calculations based on the information you enter. I'm 5'7", F, 36, about 140 lbs, and the number I get as "lightly active," not counting exercise calories, is around 1700, which is pretty consistent with other calculators I've used. I exercise 6 days a week and end up around 2000 calories per day in reality to lose 1/2 lb per week, which is pretty consistent with what I would get from MFP if I was inputting exercise calorie burns and eating back calories.

So either the information you entered is way off to the point where it gives you 3000 calories, the calories you are logging for food or exercise are off, or there's a glitch in the system that's throwing off your account. Try double checking your account to make sure the settings are correct, or just switch over to the TDEE method. This is a good site for calculating your TDEE:

scoobysworkshop.com/accurate-calorie-calculator/
  • cvcman
    Options
    None of this makes sense anymore. In before the lock.

quit replying then,,,zeez SMH
  • cvcman
    Options

The site only gives you calculations based on the information you enter. I'm 5'7", F, 36, about 140 lbs, and the number I get as "lightly active," not counting exercise calories, is around 1700, which is pretty consistent with other calculators I've used. I exercise 6 days a week and end up around 2000 calories per day in reality to lose 1/2 lb per week, which is pretty consistent with what I would get from MFP if I was inputting exercise calorie burns and eating back calories.

So either the information you entered is way off to the point where it gives you 3000 calories, the calories you are logging for food or exercise are off, or there's a glitch in the system that's throwing off your account. Try double checking your account to make sure the settings are correct, or just switch over to the TDEE method. This is a good site for calculating your TDEE:

ive been to Scooby;s before and do his workouts with the weights...when I log honest exercise and food and lifestyle NOT sedentary but active...it tells me to eat like 2900 AFTER exercise...even with errors in my food weights,,,I still DONT eat that much...and it keeps telling me ill weigh 127 pounds and Im not loosing weigh ( I dont really want to either ) or changing size...I wear a 3 waist pants and I could probably go to a 30....I dont go much by that either because I think the clothes co's put smaller size labels to make people feel better :)

Now what is your 6 day a week workout ? I do 6-8 miles or running a day at a 8 pace or sometimes a little better...I log at 8.5 pace because of cool down...I also bike 3 days a week at about 19mph pace on the road,,,14-16 on my mtn bike,,,min 1 hour,,,some days 2 or more hours...in addition,,,active job and lifestyle and weights and resistance stuff 3 days a week.....

So you are eating 2k a day ? Again curious your workout schd.
  • 7aneena
    7aneena Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Hey Op, I actually read this whole thread and I get what you're saying but I also have questions and concerns
    So you're saying MFP gives you 3000 calories a day to maintain but when you log way under it tells you "if everyday was like today you'd be 127 lbs in 5 weeks" correct?
    BUT, you are not 127 you are still 140lbs and therefore you're saying MFP is incorrect. good so far?

OK first I don't think you should pick sedentary because that is based on your daily "non exercise activity" and your job is not sedentary.
    Here's my question, the calories you burn, is that estimated from MFP or are you using a HRM or something like that? because MFP overestimates that.

Now, you are really active, by eating too little and burning that much you are risking muscle wasting and protein breakdown. I saw a log of 4 hour cycling, do yu eat during these rides? from what I know from cyclist is that they eat before a ride and if it is longer than 1-2 hours they eat during.

IMO you should get a measurement of your muscle mass, you might be fine but better safe than sorry
  • cvcman
    Options
    now i did what someone suggested...chgd my lifestyle to sedentary, and didnt log exercise...it says 1790 cals...it just doesnt seem like you should have to lie to get accurate numbers
  • cvcman
    Options
    7aneena wrote: »
    Hey Op, I actually read this whole thread and I get what you're saying but I also have questions and concerns
    So you're saying MFP gives you 3000 calories a day to maintain but when you log way under it tells you "if everyday was like today you'd be 127 lbs in 5 weeks" correct?
    BUT, you are not 127 you are still 140lbs and therefore you're saying MFP is incorrect. good so far?

OK first I don't think you should pick sedentary because that is based on your daily "non exercise activity" and your job is not sedentary.
    Here's my question, the calories you burn, is that estimated from MFP or are you using a HRM or something like that? because MFP overestimates that.

Now, you are really active, by eating too little and burning that much you are risking muscle wasting and protein breakdown. I saw a log of 4 hour cycling, do yu eat during these rides? from what I know from cyclist is that they eat before a ride and if it is longer than 1-2 hours they eat during.

IMO you should get a measurement of your muscle mass, you might be fine but better safe than sorry

yup ! The cals are from this site but...my Garmin 210 shows even more..that has my heart rate and ALL the numbers...so who really knows how many cals are burned....MFP gave me like 2900 when I was in at an active lifestyle AND logged my exercise...my arms are toned and muscle as are my legs ( see my pic from 2 months ago climbing mt Champlain in Maine )...I do have some flab on my gut too so I look real thin in clothes :)

I have a big rib cage for a guy my size ( note pic again ) That hr cycling was on a day I ran 6 miles that morning...I then went with my wife...I was riding my fat tire bike and we wre on a trail,,,very rough hard ride slow speed ( 10-12mph)...I didnt eat during it but we went after lunch so I had eaten salad, salmon, etc before going...I also ate a couple slices of garlic pizza after finishing...so that day im sure I burned alot of cals,,,but i ate too

Thank you !
  • kgeyser
    Options

ive been to Scooby;s before and do his workouts with the weights...when I log honest exercise and food and lifestyle NOT sedentary but active...it tells me to eat like 2900 AFTER exercise...even with errors in my food weights,,,I still DONT eat that much...and it keeps telling me ill weigh 127 pounds and Im not loosing weigh ( I dont really want to either ) or changing size...I wear a 3 waist pants and I could probably go to a 30....I dont go much by that either because I think the clothes co's put smaller size labels to make people feel better :)

Now what is your 6 day a week workout ? I do 6-8 miles or running a day at a 8 pace or sometimes a little better...I log at 8.5 pace because of cool down...I also bike 3 days a week at about 19mph pace on the road,,,14-16 on my mtn bike,,,min 1 hour,,,some days 2 or more hours...in addition,,,active job and lifestyle and weights and resistance stuff 3 days a week.....

3 days a week I lift heavy weights. 3 days a week I run. I eat 2k a day.

Why would you log at a 8.5 pace for running because of cool down? If anything, the cool down would reduce your pace, not increase it. And logging 19 and 14-16 mph on your bike for the entire time would also throw off your calculations, as you are not maintaining that pace the entire time. It sounds like your averages are a bit off for your calorie burn estimations, which could be why your calories are calculating way too high.
  • liltadertat
    liltadertat Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    If you don't want to lie to get accurate numbers then message a Mod and ask them why they created the site that way and ask them if they could change it. That's all you can do. The answers from everyone else in this thread won't change the fact that you have to lie to get accurate numbers. Only the creators of the site can fix it.
  • cvcman
    Options

3 days a week I lift heavy weights. 3 days a week I run. I eat 2k a day.

Why would you log at a 8.5 pace for running because of cool down? If anything, the cool down would reduce your pace, not increase it. And logging 19 and 14-16 mph on your bike for the entire time would also throw off your calculations, as you are not maintaining that pace the entire time. It sounds like your averages are a bit off for your calorie burn estimations, which could be why your calories are calculating way too high.

No it wouldnt reduce my pace...if i run an 8 pace for 6 miles,,,then a cool down say 12 pace its not going to drop my avg to 7...again these are the numbers off my Garmin ....so an 8 pace is FASTER then an 8.5...thats an 8 minute mile or an 8-1/2 minute mile...and as for the biking...I always log at the LOWER avg,,,,again numbers from my Garmin...I understand that its hard to even tell real cals burned so they all are estimates
  • cvcman
    Options
    If you don't want to lie to get accurate numbers then message a Mod and ask them why they created the site that way and ask them if they could change it. That's all you can do. The answers from everyone else in this thread won't change the fact that you have to lie to get accurate numbers. Only the creators of the site can fix it.

Makes NO sense,,,,smh