site tells me to eat almost 3k cals a day,,,but I eat half that and still dont loose

Options

Replies

• cvcman
    cvcman Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Steph...again like food calories there is NO way to tell 100% how many calories you REALLY burn,,at least I dont know of a way...maybe some of the other "experts" here do...so I assume its an estimate ?
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    If you are not losing weight and you are accurately logging (which most of us agree that you are not being totally accurate) then you are simply eating at your maintenance, adn you should adjust your goals accordingly. Along with eating consistently in order to know how much you actually need to eat to maintain your weight. Since you lost 50lbs, if you have not updated all of your fitness tools then your burns are likely off. Tools are not magical entities that know exactly how much you are burning off. It's all an estimate, which is based off of your input and based off of the quality of the equipment.

You are clearly being confrontational. At this point you are either extremely stubborn, or you are a very persistent troll. Either way this thread has become fairly pointless.
    MKEgal wrote: »
    cvcman wrote:
    check my diary... it tells me to eat like 2900 cals... I eat 1500 to 1800 and still dont (sic) loose (sic)... these numbers are crazy

Don't eat back your exercise calories.

this is the appropriate method if utilizing TDEE method, as your intake already takes into account average exercise. This is the incorrect way to do it if utilizing net method, which the website is designed to do automatically.
  • cvcman
    Options
    mke,,,using that it says like 2100 cals a day...MANY days im way under that EVEN with adding 300 cals for inaccurate logging....
  • MsHarryWinston
    MsHarryWinston Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    Can I just say that MFP is simply a general calculator? Everyone will need to tweak things slightly for optimal results. Each person may burn calories higher or lower. If everything you are doing is perfectly correct and the calculator is wrong then maybe those calories are right for someone else but not you. Just adjust your calories to whatever your body needs to achieve your goals and be done with it.

The rest of this thread is getting nowhere. Later days darlings.
  • cvcman
    Options
    im sure if you take my everyday cardio...weight lifting,,,workload,,,lifestyle,,,im burning over 600 a day....
  • cvcman
    Options
    ana,,,I suggest you just find another post PLEASE ! I got your point zeeezzzz stop being a big baby
  • ana3067
    edited October 2014
    Options
    tumblr_inline_mh90ldp3yH1qz4rgp.gif

And I'm fairly certain this is a troll thread, either way
    we-could-have-had-it-all-trolling-in-the-deep.jpg
  • cvcman
    Options
    I laugh at the people from this site that are messaging me telling me how many of the responders to my post have no clue what they are talking about and calling them nazi's ...they dont want to post on here I guess...lol
  • ana3067
    Options
    troll-face-twerking-dancing-twerk-dance-trollface.gif
  • cvcman
    Options
    ana...you have issues..ive been warned by two others here about you...they seem to be correct :)
  • cvcman
    Options
    your picture says it all LOL
  • MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
  • cvcman
    Options
    Agree MKE,,,thats a no brainer but I knew the " starvation mode" would come up..it always does,,,,,
  • ana3067
    Options
    MKEgal wrote: »
    nill4me wrote:
    Some folks can't lose because they have too large a deficit
    Impossible.
    If you're eating fewer calories than you're burning, you'll lose weight.
    If you're eating as many calories as you're burning, you'll maintain weight.
    If you're eating more calories than you're burning, you'll gain weight.

Anecdotally, many people have noticed that when they eat too few calories they stall on weight loss. Clearly, properly conducted experiments (not simply giving an arbitrary calorie intake as most studies seem to do, but actually basing it off of the individual's unique physiology - an initial phase of calorie maintenance, then different deficits for different groups, again based off of the person's unique physiology) need to be performed to determined how this might affect weight loss. But if the anecdotal evidence fits your experience, then it's perfectly reasonable to go by the anecdotal evidence.
  • cvcman
    Options
    yup ana...still NOT true,,,it CANT happen,,,,maybe if your a "special snowflake" or just a plain flake period it can but in the real world...its been proven many times by experts that it just aint so...sorry
  • cvcman
    Options
    losin...are you and ana related ?
  • MKEgal
    edited October 2014
    Options
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    Oh, my gosh. I didn't read all the responses, because it seems like a bunch of crazy fighting.

I don't read food diaries, so if your is inaccurate, I don't know. It doesn't really matter a whole lot. If you weigh solids and measure liquids, you'll get the best possible estimate. If you don't, it will be less accurate. You can use serving size guesses and if you don't lose, just drop the calories. Your guess might be 800 total for the day. If it's really 1368, who cares. You still lose weight.

All the talk on all the sites and TV shows...it always boils down to the same darn thing. If you want to lose weight, you must eat less and/or move more.

I'd visit the doctor to be sure there is no physical problem. Every weight loss journey should be overseen by a doctor, anyway, so there's that, too.

If it's not physical, eat less and/or move more.

:)
  • cvcman
    Options
    mke...well screw the USDA I took it right off the pkg...again stop splitting hairs,,,even if it was 300 calories im still under !! The info I use is right on the box and I use a digital scale..1 tablespoon weighs 6 grams....just forget the fricken oatmeal already
  • MKEgal
    edited October 2014
    Options