site tells me to eat almost 3k cals a day,,,but I eat half that and still dont loose

Options

Replies

• FIT_Goat
    FIT_Goat Posts: 4,224 Member
    Options
    Organic-Regular-Detail.sflb.ashx
    9 Calories Worth of Oatmeal (as a reference)
  • cvcman
    cvcman Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Serving size 1/2 cup dry (40 g)
    Amount per serving
    Calories 150
    Calories from Fat 25
    %Daily Value**
    Total Fat 3g* 4%
    Saturated Fat 0.5g 2%
    Trans Fat 0g
    Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
    Monounsaturated Fat 1g
    Cholesterol 0mg 0%
    Sodium 0mg 0%
    Total Carbohydrate 27g 9%
    Dietary Fiber 4g 15%
    Soluble Fiber 2g
  • cvcman
    Options
    now this is right off the pkg,,,but im sure lob or frob or whoever knows more than Quaker,,,
  • cvcman
    edited October 2014
    Options
    not as sorry as i do for your wife ...
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    cvcman wrote: »
    ana,,,I suggest you just find another post PLEASE ! I got your point zeeezzzz stop being a big baby

Reported.

I strongly suggest everyone move on and leave this... whatever he is, to his own devices.

• cvcman
    edited October 2014
    Options
    again I go off the manf/selles pkg
  • cvcman
    Options
    ooooooo,,,,,,,now we've been reported....oh no .....lol,,,reported for what ??
  • cvcman
    Options
    so MKE,,,you would use USAD's numbers which DONT agree with any oatmeal pkg we have here ??/ Or would you go right off the label...like I do and posted here ? Either way again its not that big of a diff in the grand scheme of things...I mean we are NOT talking about 1000 cal diff
  • FIT_Goat
    FIT_Goat Posts: 4,224 Member
    Options
    I-Love-Cheese.jpg

Hmm, I guess I'll log this as a McDonald's Quarter Pounder with Cheese. It's only 513 calories. Why am I not losing any weight!?!?! ;)
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    Options
    frob23 wrote: »
    I-Love-Cheese.jpg

Hmm, I guess I'll log this as a McDonald's Quarter Pounder with Cheese. It's only 513 calories. Why am I not losing any weight!?!?! ;)
    tumblr_makehbbADa1qduy16o1_500.gif
  • MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
  • PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options

Uhm, no. 1/2 cup of rolled oats dry is 150 calories. That picture is NOT 9 calories. Also, who eats 1-2 Tablespoons of oatmeal for breakfast?

I will go MAKE 9 calories worth of rolled oats and take a picture of it if I need to. According to MFP it's .45 Tbsps.

• ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    Options

Uhm, no. 1/2 cup of rolled oats dry is 150 calories. That picture is NOT 9 calories. Also, who eats 1-2 Tablespoons of oatmeal for breakfast?

I will go MAKE 9 calories worth of rolled oats and take a picture of it if I need to. According to MFP it's .45 Tbsps.

sigh.. OP eats 1-2tbsp of oatmeal. This picture is clearly not being serious.
  • cvcman
    Options
    Ummm I eat 1 tablespoon everyday
  • PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options
    ana3067 wrote: »

sigh.. OP eats 1-2tbsp of oatmeal. This picture is clearly not being serious.

Well excuse the hell out of me.

*eye roll*
  • fattytr1sh
    Options
    Oh enough already! Is this guy thick or what? Leave him to it!
  • cvcman
    Options
    I do add some water
  • cvcman
    Options
    And if you read I don't do it to fill me up...its just so I have a small amt in my gut before I run
  • MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    Options
    Don't eat back your exercise calories.
    this is the appropriate method if utilizing TDEE method, as your intake already takes into account average exercise. This is the incorrect way to do it if utilizing net method, which the website is designed to do automatically.
    The "method" my doctor & dietician use is this:
    find a healthy goal weight based on BMI
    multiply that by 10
    eat that many calories

If someone is starting off very heavy (more than 100 lb overweight), so that method #1 would result in a drop of more than 1000 cal per day, they do this:
    multiply your current weight by 10
    subtract 1000
    eat that many calories
    as you lose weight, adjust calories downward until you get to (healthy goal weight) x 10

When I first started, method #2 was about 100 cal more than method #1 for me.
    Now I'm using the simple way, though I'm thinking about tweaking it down by 50 cal or so. Still a healthy goal weight.

Note that this is for _losing_ weight.
    Maintaining will take 13 - 15 cal per lb, depending on activity level.