site tells me to eat almost 3k cals a day,,,but I eat half that and still dont loose

Options

Replies

• runny111
    runny111 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    All this great advice aside, I lost interest in helping after your third post. You don't seem to want help. And if we are misreading you need to change your posting style. Lose the Shouty caps. But plenty of good people have wasted lots of time on helping you. *End Thread*.
  • PrincessMissDee
    PrincessMissDee Posts: 183 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    I have to admit after page one I only skimmed a few other posts to see if this got any better. :(

I have never read the word "oatmeal" so many times.
  • JenniDaisy
    JenniDaisy Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    I have to admit after page one I only skimmed a few other posts to see if this got any better. :(

I have never read the word "oatmeal" so many times.

Tartlets?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WjzyAHKYJ8M
  • JustFindingMe
    JustFindingMe Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    This has gotten really outrageous...

Can I ask, OP? Are you asking, because the "you should weigh _____ Lbs " under your food list, says you should be losing but you're not?
  • Cortelli
    Cortelli Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    So just scanning through this am I right in thinking:

OP doesn't want to lose weight
    OP isn't losing weight
    OP doesn't agree with MFP calories goal
    OP spends 8 pages being rude to everyone who tries to offer advice

If the goal is to let people know that MFP may not be accurate - thank you for letting us know (although it seems to work for 99.9% of people that use it properly)

If this is not the goal what is it you want?

I think that probably nails it very well, although you may have missed several *fascinating* pages of discussion regarding oatmeal. I, for one, am much richer for the experience. Going to watch that trololololo video for the next 10 hours, now.
  • HipsterWhovian
    HipsterWhovian Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I've read this whole thread, and all I want to do is correct the spelling and grammar in every single one of the OP's posts.
  • trinatrina1984
    trinatrina1984 Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Cortelli wrote: »

OP isn't losing weight

If the goal is to let people know that MFP may not be accurate - thank you for letting us know (although it seems to work for 99.9% of people that use it properly)

If this is not the goal what is it you want?

I think that probably nails it very well, although you may have missed several *fascinating* pages of discussion regarding oatmeal. I, for one, am much richer for the experience. Going to watch that trololololo video for the next 10 hours, now.

oh yes a musical interlude!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2VXacYLcjGA
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    OP is double counting exercise and underestimating intake, not to mention he's not overweight. Of course the projected weight loss won't work out.
  • libbydoodle11
    libbydoodle11 Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    I've read this whole thread, and all I want to do is correct the spelling and grammar in every single one of the OP's posts.

^^this^^

• cvcman
    cvcman Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    lamps1303 wrote: »
    cvcman wrote: »
    frob23 wrote: »
    frob...EXPLAIN the VAST difference in 1 tablespoon of oatmeal and adding NO calorie water to that same 1 tablespoon...how does the water only make a VAST diff ???

One tablespoon of dry uncooked oatmeal is about 14g of oatmeal. When you add water, you end up with about 7 tablespoons of finished product. That's 60 calories for a dry TBS... spread over almost 7 TBS of cooked oatmeal (about 9 calories each).

To end up with a TBS of cooked oatmeal, you'd have to cook less than half a teaspoon (2.1g) of dry oatmeal with water. That would give you one cooked TBS of 9 calories.

The difference is the volume the same amount of calories takes up. Oatmeal, in case you didn't notice, expands when cooked. The same amount of calories takes up a lot more space. You're logging the cooked version, with the dry volume. You're massively under-estimating your calories. And that's just one food.

Your problem is bad logging. You need to log correctly before you claim you eat eating at a deficit and it's not working.

unreal...1 tablespoon dry is 6 grams ! I even posted the label for you....and you measure it DRY....if you have 6 grams dry...thats about 20 cals....now if you add water...its STILL 6 cals....there has to be someone that can explain this to you...

I don't think you quite understand what Frob is saying. I'll break it down;
    You're measuring the dry weight of oatmeal - 1 tablespoon (6g).
    You're actually logging cooked oatmeal.
    When you cook food, the weight/volume changes.
    Frob is trying to explain that if you really did have 1 tablespoon of cooked oatmeal, the dry weight will be much less.
    He is saying that 1 tablespoon of dry oatmeal will probably be '7 tablespoons' when cooked.
    If the pack gives nutritional info based on dry weight , you should measure and log dry weight.
    If the pack gives nutritional info based on cooked weight, you should measure and log cooked weight.

Do a test, weigh a tablespoon of dry oatmeal and then do the same when it's cooked and you will see the difference.

This 'argument' (or whatever you want to call it) is completely pointless. Just understand that your logging is innaccurate. Accept it, change it and move on.

It's even more pointless in the fact that you don't even want to lose weight! If you're maintaining doing what you're currently doing then there's no issue.

*End thread*

Nope NOT what he said at all...GO READ it :) And I do this EVERYDAY...1 table spoon dry is NOT 7 tablespoons cooked...no where even close....and you also didnt read my original post SMH.......unreal
  • cvcman
    Options
    One tablespoon of dry uncooked oatmeal is about 14g of oatmeal. When you add water, you end up with about 7 tablespoons of finished product. That's 60 calories for a dry TBS... spread over almost 7 TBS of cooked oatmeal (about 9 calories each).

THIS is what he said PLS note he said " One Tablespoon dry is 14g ( false its 6 grams) and AGAIN one tablespoon dry does not = 7 cooked....again I do this EVERYDAY :)
  • cvcman
    Options

^^this^^

go right ahead...and when these phone co's start making phones for man size fingers and not little girls fingers then you point would be better made !
  • cvcman
    Options
    Shai....i won't waste my time replying to you....you are really not worth the effort :)
    Except that you did...

Time to go home, friend. You are literally sitting here replying to people. This thread has been going on for hours. I say we all ignore it from now on and let it die out.

I wish you would....funny how MOST of the people who actually read the post and had useful advise messaged me off this post...they also warned me about most of the pot stirring non-readers here....:)

Looks like they just ignored YOU, "friend"
  • karenj_m
    karenj_m Posts: 215
    Options
    You guys still talking about this? Holy Crap!
    trinatrina1984 wrote: »

OP isn't losing weight

and let's not forget:

OP's wife isn't talking to him and OP wants attention....and all of you are giving it to him...

Where are the moderators when you need them.....CLOSE THE THREAD.
  • cvcman
    Options
    This has gotten really outrageous...

Can I ask, OP? Are you asking, because the "you should weigh _____ Lbs " under your food list, says you should be losing but you're not?

BINGO !!!!! Someone here CAN read,,,wow !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • cvcman
    Options
    karenj_m wrote: »

OP isn't losing weight

and let's not forget:

OP's wife isn't talking to him and OP wants attention....and all of you are giving it to him...

Yup and YOU are still stirring the pot !......
  • cvcman
    Options
    Well I just did the oatmeal thin...1 tablespoon IS 6 grams..add water and cook 1 minute in microwave...still comes out just a pinch over 1 tablespoon..so as I stated many times Frob is not accurate...and this from a guy who says my logging isnt,smh AGAIN....and I even took pics for him...im sure he still won't admit he's wrong
  • carriekwi
    carriekwi Posts: 45 Member
    Options

In the wild, wild west of the net, trolls lurk everywhere......
  • carriekwi
    carriekwi Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    OP will lose weight when he really wants to.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    karenj_m wrote: »

OP isn't losing weight

and let's not forget:

How do we know this about the wife??