What's Your Most Recent NSV

Options

Replies

• GunbunnyFuFu
    GunbunnyFuFu Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    At work, we have a mandatory obstacle course that is timed that we must complete it. Completed it under time and cleared all the obstacles under time...never have been able to do that before!
  • fitfatty88
    fitfatty88 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    So, we see ourselves every day and sometimes it's hard to tell what kind of progress we've made. I am very guilty of this. Every forum there's inevitably someone who says 'DO YOUR MEASUREMENTS' to track progress. I'd never been one of those people because I was so so so focused on the number. Well, on a whim in mid-July I decided to just do it. Since then, I've lost 2.2 lbs but amazingly, my measurements tell a different story:

Waist: -1 inch
    Neck: -0.75 inch
    Hips: -1 inch
    Chest: -0.5 inch

I do thigh and arm measurements too but they're uneven (I run with a right side lean ugh)...So even though 2.2 lbs were lost, I've overall lost 5.5 inches. Kinda awesome.
  • nsides0427
    nsides0427 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Small NSV this weekend! I went down a pants size! I'm no longer an 11/12, I'm a 9/10! Wooo, and I tried on some Silver Jeans and am usually a 33/34" and I was able to buy a pair that were 31". I initially went for a 33" which were waaaay too big, and the only other size they had was a 31". I was skeptical but decided to try them on anyways, and they fit!!! A little snug but that's ok. Plus as I'll be losing more, and Silvers are pretty spendy, I think it's ok for them to be a bit snug. Yayy!!!
  • missh1967
    missh1967 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    I bought size 10 jeans today. I can't even describe how good it felt.
  • fitfatty88
    fitfatty88 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Wanted to post this yesterday but the forum was down! On Tuesday night at the gym after cardio and finishing tri & back workouts, my sister asked if I wanted to do an ab challenge. I'm a sucker so I went for it. 75 crunches, 75 side crunches on each side, 15 supermans, then 50/50/50/15 then 25/25/25/15...150 total crunches, 150 side crunches on each side, and 45 supermans. I'd never done more than 55 crunches at one time before!

Today is now day 3 in a row at the gym. We are probably doing this challenge again tonight.

Also...a MARATHONER actually acknowledged me as an accomplished half marathoner. I see myself every day and never think of myself as an 'athlete' in any capacity. I'm still smiling from it...doesn't hurt that I have a date with him next week :# .
  • congruns
    congruns Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    After finishing a half last Sunday and chatting it up with other finishers, we were talking about the LA Marathon, and I said it will be my first time. He commented that he was a Pacer in the LA Marathon was shocked to hear my story of my weight loss because he said, I had a "runners physique."
  • Crafty_Fraggle
    Crafty_Fraggle Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    My first non family member asked if I was loosing weight and wanted my secret! What's more is this was in my work scrubs!

And... Today I noticed that I'm under 100 lbs left to get to goal! That makes me very happy.
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,956 Member
    Options
    Put on my "skinny" jeans. They were too big! W00T! Of course now all my clothes are baggy. Shopping spree soon.
  • Quieau
    Quieau Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    No extender belt on the airplane! WHOOOOO!
  • Pezkin85
    Pezkin85 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    My most recent was this weekend. I have been doing running on and off for the past year but only really got back on it properly over the last few weeks. I managed to run for an entire hour on the treadmill covering a distance of 7.9 miles. It wasn't so long ago I could barely manage 3 minutes. I was SO happy. Best feeling ever! I'm tackling inclines now! :)
  • Cortneyrenee04
    Cortneyrenee04 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    I ran for 5 minutes, TWICE! I have never ever done that and thought it was impossible. I'm on week 4 of C25K and feeling great!
  • maddyk91
    maddyk91 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Was walking around the grocery store in my old skinny jeans, noticed they were so loose that i looked at my boyfriend and asked, "are these like stupid big on me? I feel like they are just flapping around on my legs!!"

So i went to the mall, and bought a size i haven't worn in like two years--size 6! Looked in the mirror this morning while wearing the new pants with no shirt and didn't even have a muffin top. Tellin ya, guys, i could have screamed with delight.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    I purchased a new sweater for work last week. Old one was a 2X and hung off me horribly the couple times I've worn it this season. New one? A large.
  • catb58
    catb58 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Had to get a new uniform belt from Supply 2 weeks ago. Still had more holes I could have used, but it wrapped from the front clear around to my side. New belt is sized 4 inches smaller and I'm on the largest size. It's only been 2 weeks, but I'm already halfway to the next hole. :smile:
  • StrongHealthyPowerful
    Options
    A month or so ago I scored some amazing American Eagle jeans at a thrift store. Skinny jeans in "super stretchy" so they're wicked comfy... and in a size 4! My biggest size was about a 12-14, so that's a good feeling. Anyway, I was counting on these being around for a while, especially cause I'm pretty near my goal weight, but today they seemed more loose than they should be for skinny jeans! Whoohoo!
  • CJsf1t
    CJsf1t Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    I am still new here and lost 14 lbs from my highest weight 235 lbs and only 4 lbs since joining MFP. But its been nearly a month now that I have been doing push ups and planks daily. My NSV moment happened over the weekend when my mom noticed that my arms looked slimmer! She saw me after a month nearly. Also pushups are getting a little bit easier and I am nearing the floor a little by little!
  • KimMc60
    KimMc60 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Today I did my first push-up since breaking my wrist about a month and a half ago. It's a little thing but it's good to know it's getting better! Yesterday I also ran a 5k with negative splits for the first time, and about a week ago I ran 7 miles for the first time. NSVs everywhere for me! :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!