p90x Support Group

Options

Replies

• kandyjo
    kandyjo Posts: 4,648 Member
    Options
    Well I survived day 1!! I started the Classic version so I did arms and chest last night. Feeling good so far. I also had my husband take before pics of me...GROSS!! I really wish I would not have done that! lol.

Just keep thinking about how amazing your after pics will be :drinker: :bigsmile:

I started the classic and then decided to change and do the Lean... Missed yesterday because of school homework and baseball practice... GRrrrrrrrr.... Starting TODAY!!!! (restarting today... I already did some of the classic routine lol)
  • SCFancher
    SCFancher Posts: 24
    Options
    I also don't have an exact amount of calories burned from p90x workouts. I did some research and it says each workout is about 600 calories, so I'm just going to go with that What do you guys suggest?
  • kandyjo
    Options
    I also don't have an exact amount of calories burned from p90x workouts. I did some research and it says each workout is about 600 calories, so I'm just going to go with that What do you guys suggest?

I was just jumping on here to ask a question about calories burned... I don't have an HRM, but heard that for some reason, you don't get an accurate reading with P90X because of the types of exercises...

I just did Core Synergistics and let me just say... WOW!!

I am not sure how to log it though.... SUGGESTIONS NEEDED AND APPRECIATED!!
  • SCFancher
    Options
    I did Plyometrics last night and that was craziness. It was by far the hardest workout I have ever done....EVER! So glad it's only 1 day a week. hahaha
  • kandyjo
    Options
    Just did Shoulders and Arms and I have NO IDEA HOW TO LOG IT!!! It's strength training, but it's so many different exercises... Just not sure how to log it....
  • lexierae
    lexierae Posts: 2
    Options
    Im a couple days late but i would love to join... I ve been trying for a while and got of track but im ready to get focused again. I need to do this so any support i can get is great...
  • kandyjo
    Options
    Welcome to the group, lexierae :drinker:
  • srbomb
    srbomb Posts: 2
    Options
    I am about to start my 3rd round of p90x. Once you get through the first two phases the results will be enough motivation you will need!
  • kandyjo
    Options
    :drinker: srbomb... Wow!! 3rd time!! That's encouraging to hear

I literally ran out of time yesterday to squeeze Ab Ripper X in with my Shoulders and Arms, so I'm getting it in this morning and then later this afternoon I have Cardio X .... I'm really LOVING this program.. It kicks my booty, but it's FABULOUS!! :bigsmile:

How is everyone else doing? Who all is doing the Classic and who all is doing the Lean? Is everyone still on the band wagon? It seems as though we've lost a few along the way :laugh:
  • AwMyLoLo
    AwMyLoLo Posts: 1,571 Member
    Options
    Good morning, all! I'm starting a round of P90X on Monday, May 2nd. Thanks to Kandyjo for the link to this thread :drinker:

I completed 120 days of P90X a little over a year ago, and have been doing ChaLEAN Extreme for the past 8 months. In addition to that, I hit up the gym on my lunchbreak for a half hour of cardio 3-4 times per week. I've been trying hard to get better at running, but have been slipping backwards in my progress, so I decided to follow the Couch to 5K program (Starting with Week 3). I'll be doing C25K on the treadmill on my lunchbreak. So, my plan for this round of P90X is a kind of a mix between all 3 versions - Lean, Doubles, & Classic :laugh:

Monday: C25K, Core Synergistics
    Tuesday: PlyoX
    Wednesday: C25K, ARX, Shoulders & Arms
    Thursday: 30 minute elliptical, YogaX
    Friday: C25K, ARX, Legs & Back
    Saturday: 1 hour of cardio - either a jog/walk or KenpoX
    Sunday: REST :sick:

I feel like I've gained some solid strength from doing ChaLEAN Extreme so I'm hoping I will be able to BRING IT a lot more in this round of P90X. I plan on lifting heavy on upper-body days, aiming for 8-10 reps rather than 10-12. Also this time I promise to complete YogaX every time. I've been doing Rodney Yee's yoga consistently since my last round of P90X so I don't think I'll dread the 90 minutes so much now.

I'm going to follow the recommended ratios from the nutrition guide and stick to 1800 calories per day. I'm really going to focus on this and I hope to lose about 8 pounds and get ripped by mid-summer!

Keep up the good work, everyone! I look forward to checking in here!
  • SCFancher
    Options
    I have made it through Day 3 and still alive. SO SORE...but it feels good. Yoga tonight! Excited!!
  • krostron
    krostron Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I just saw this post and would love to join...I plan on starting mine tonight!
  • kandyjo
    Options
    YAY!!!! AwMyLoLo!!! You're here!!! It's a PaRtY now!!! :drinker: :bigsmile:

Just finished Cardio X and I'm soooo pumped!!!!! Seriously, I am like bouncing with energy after that 43 minutes of kick but cardio!!! Love how exercise has that effect on me :bigsmile:

I hope everyone is still with us... I see that our "founder" SCFancher is posting!!! :drinker: Way to go, girl!!!
    And, WOW, AwMyLoLo.... Your line-up ROCKS!!!!!! :drinker:
  • SCFancher
    Options
    I did an hour an a half of Yoga last night. I was under the impression that I would have an "easier" night...yeah right! That Yoga was no joke! haha. I almost turned it off about half way through, but pushed myself and SO glad I did. I feel great this morning!! Hope everyone is doing well!!!
  • kandyjo
    Options
    I did an hour an a half of Yoga last night. I was under the impression that I would have an "easier" night...yeah right! That Yoga was no joke! haha. I almost turned it off about half way through, but pushed myself and SO glad I did. I feel great this morning!! Hope everyone is doing well!!!

I have Yoga X today... Not looking forward to it, but ya know :laugh: Here goes....
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,746 Member
    Options
    I'm going to start a round May 2. I've done three rounds before, and my last one was about a year ago. I've been doing mostly Slim Series since then. It works my legs better than P90X, but I'm wanting to focus on upper body for a while. I've decided to do a mini-round of five weeks that's a hybrid of the Lean version, and then I'll do five weeks of Slim Series, then five weeks of X, then five weeks of SS, etc. You know, lather, rinse, repeat. :happy:
  • AwMyLoLo
    AwMyLoLo Posts: 1,571 Member
    Options
    I'm going to start a round May 2. I've done three rounds before, and my last one was about a year ago. I've been doing mostly Slim Series since then. It works my legs better than P90X, but I'm wanting to focus on upper body for a while. I've decided to do a mini-round of five weeks that's a hybrid of the Lean version, and then I'll do five weeks of Slim Series, then five weeks of X, then five weeks of SS, etc. You know, lather, rinse, repeat. :happy:

WooHoo!! :drinker: I think you were around on the other P90X thread when I was too! I'm starting again on May 2nd so we'll be on the same timeline!
  • PJilly
    Options

WooHoo!! :drinker: I think you were around on the other P90X thread when I was too! I'm starting again on May 2nd so we'll be on the same timeline!
    Too cool! I'm really looking forward to it this time. I think doing an abbreviated round is going to keep my heart and mind in it more than doing 90 days, and I actually think I'll get better balance doing it this way. We'll see... :happy:
  • kandyjo
    Options
    PJilly... YOu'll have to keep us updated with how that goes... It may be something the rest of us would like to do after we finish our first 90 :drinker:
  • PJilly
    Options
    No problem!