Any advice trying to lose weight when you're already "thin"?

Options
I'm 5'6 and 128 pounds. I'm most comfortable at 115lbs (what I used to be), but I find it very difficult to lose weight when I'm already at a very normal BMI. I eat 1200 calories a day, but do I need to cut down even more? Is it even possible with my BMR to lose 2 pounds a week?

Replies

• cms1341
    cms1341 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6 and 132 lbs and I'm 19% body fat and like a size 2-3. As far as weight goes you're in a great spot. Anytime I've been 115ish I've looked kinda sick. I agree maybe you need to start just worrying about how your body looks and feels instead
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    porscheMD wrote: »
    I'm 5'6 and 128 pounds. I'm most comfortable at 115lbs (what I used to be), but I find it very difficult to lose weight when I'm already at a very normal BMI. I eat 1200 calories a day, but do I need to cut down even more? Is it even possible with my BMR to lose 2 pounds a week?

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10177803/recomposition-maintaining-weight-while-losing-fat#latest
  • zeejane03
    zeejane03 Posts: 993 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Op, I'm also 5, ft 6in (and probably quite a bit older than you, based on your profile pic), and I'm working on vanity maintenance pounds right now, and I'm eating 1,350 calories a day. I have my target set for .5lb a week. Anything more than that is just too aggressive at this point.

I've also been down close to your goal weight and it just wasn't sustainable or a good look on me. Like others have said, you might want to look into recomp.
  • zeejane03
    zeejane03 Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    This thread is five years old. Pretty sure she's figured it out by now.

Ha, missed that!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    zeejane03 wrote: »
    This thread is five years old. Pretty sure she's figured it out by now.

Ha, missed that!

stupid zombie threads! :grumble: