Female Bulking Advice Needed

Options

Replies

• Barbellgirl
    Barbellgirl Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Wow, it's been a long time since I've updated this. I'll try to catch this thread up. I've started cutting now and decided to enter a NPC competition in a May. I'll be 47 when I step on stage. It's an absolutely crazy thing for me to do at this stage in my life, but one by one, I'm knocking down fears. Being in a bikini has been a source of anxiety for me my entire life. :laugh: :drinker:
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    Wow, it's been a long time since I've updated this. I'll try to catch this thread up. I've started cutting now and decided to enter a NPC competition in a May. I'll be 47 when I step on stage. It's an absolutely crazy thing for me to do at this stage in my life, but one by one, I'm knocking down fears. Being in a bikini has been a source of anxiety for me my entire life. :laugh: :drinker:

Awesome!!
  • sixpacklady
    sixpacklady Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    bump to follow
  • Barbellgirl
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Starting the bulking process again this winter. I'm currently 16.3% body fat by DEXA scan done earlier this month.
  • Barbellgirl
    edited October 2014
    Options
    I was down to about 12% body fat back in May when these pictures were taken. My goal over the next six months will be to put on 4-5 pounds of lean mass. I'll be repeating the DEXA scan in April to see how I did toward that goal.
  • BetterKimmer
    BetterKimmer Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Me too! Bump this.
  • gemmamummy
    gemmamummy Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Amazing!!
  • roanokejoe49
    roanokejoe49 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    Why do you want to add bulk? You look incredible!
  • Barbellgirl
    Options
    Joe, I want to add muscle because despite being in the 1st percentile for body fat for both my age and 25 year old women which is really good, I am only in the 25th percentile for lean body mass, which is not good.

I need more muscle on my frame, so that's the goal. :)
  • FromHereOnOut
    FromHereOnOut Posts: 3,237 Member
    Options
    Congrats! You look amazing. So happy for you.
    Thanks for the great thread to follow too. :)

May I ask your weight in the recent pics and in the May pics?
  • Barbellgirl
    edited October 2014
    Options
    I was down to 109 pounds in May. I'm still underwieght for my height and currently fluctuating between 113-115 pounds. I'm 5'7" but with a very small frame. I'd like to be around 120 pounds with about 18% body fat. That's what I'm working toward anyway. :)
  • Barbellgirl
    Options
    I'm happy with my legs and glutes, but I need to add more muscle to my back and arms.
  • swimmermama
    swimmermama Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    Just want to say that you are AWESOME. What an inspiration for mothers everywhere!

Maybe I missed it, but are you doing a strength-training program?
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    WOW you look fantastic!! Great job!
  • Barbellgirl
    Options
    Thank you ladies!

@swimmer, since my competition in May I've been pretty unstructured in my workouts, doing three day a week full body workouts. I'm about to start Jim Stoppani's 'shortcut to size' program. :)
  • BetterKimmer
    Options
    Thank you ladies!

@swimmer, since my competition in May I've been pretty unstructured in my workouts, doing three day a week full body workouts. I'm about to start Jim Stoppani's 'shortcut to size' program. :)

I did Shortcut to Shred back in July. Prepare for intensity!! It works very well. Actually, if I do not perform plyos between sets now, I feel like I'm not really working out. I love it! But I am taking a break from that style and back to lifting and HIITs for the fall. Probably do it again around the holidays.

Love to hear feed back on it from you.

• kshadows
    kshadows Posts: 1,315 Member
    Options
    Nothing to say besides DAYUM! I'm younger and have 2 kids and you are 100% my inspiration! You look incredible!
  • BetterKimmer
    Options
    Thank you ladies!

I did Shortcut to Shred back in July. Prepare for intensity!! It works very well. Actually, if I do not perform plyos between sets now, I feel like I'm not really working out. I love it! But I am taking a break from that style and back to lifting and HIITs for the fall. Probably do it again around the holidays.

Love to hear feed back on it from you.

Ha! Just caught that you are doing Size, not Shred. Still, I would like to hear feed back, because I want to do Size the beginning of next year.
  • 2014myyear
    2014myyear Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Please friend me and tell me how i get those legs!
  • psych101
    psych101 Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    Holy wow - can I please look like you at 46?!?!? Wow!! <3