Replies

• Hauntinglyfit
    Hauntinglyfit Posts: 5,537 Member
    Wait....
  • TattooedCinderella
    TattooedCinderella Posts: 10 Member
    edited October 2014
    pknjhh wrote: »
    I would say I am extremely confident in everything I do in life. Would not really say cocky. Only area I am not always confident in is how to approach her about things or how to help her feel better sometimes. Tried apologizing for upsetting her, tried to make her dinner, tried telling her how much I missed just laying there talking to her (which I miss so much). Say what you want but I love her 110%

Even when you tried to apologize, you made it about you. Your confidence is coming across as arrogance. When you apologize, you need to ask her, "what do YOU NEED me to do?" You're apologizing to her so you have to make it ALL ABOUT HER! Seriously, you need to make her feel like she's just as important as your blah, blah, blah sets and your 15 hours at the gym. Why don't you ask her to go for a walk with you after dinner instead of running off to the gym by yourself?? Make it romantic! Hold her hand. Pick her a flower while you're on your walk! Her issue may not be with YOU at all. Maybe she doesn't feel attractive or as sexy as she used to and she's taking it out on you. That absolutely does not make it OK and does not excuse her behavior if that's what's going on. Pump up the romantic gestures as much as you're pumping iron and you may see a change in her demeanor. Even if you feel stupid doing something like picking her a flower, the gesture will mean something to her. I know it sounds so corny but just try it. You never know.
  • Heirgreat
    Heirgreat Posts: 262 Member
    I think it very important that you are concerned about your relationship, I don't think you are overly 'all about you', i notice and appreciate your love of her, marriage, hardest thing I've ever done, just leave her a note, do not give any sort of advice, find something without food you both would like, and let her do the talking-it's great you want to support her too
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    edited October 2014
    sentaruu wrote: »
    pure speculation here, but she's probably upset at your attitude about it
    to be honest you sound like a cocky prick, maybe you can tone that down a bit?

simpsons_nelson_haha2_crop_340x234.gif#simpsons%20nelson%20ha%20ha%20gif
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    So, when was the last time you asked her about her day and didn't interrupt her answer?
  • I needed to read this today. Normally I'd read this and think, "gee, glad I'm not in that guy's position" but I think I might be. I've been very focused this summer and as a result, have been really successful. I've reached my goal weight and am feeling pretty awesome about myself. My boyfriend also went into the summer with the goal to lose weight, but hasn't been as strict as me, and has been far less successful. I love him how he is, but I think that it hasn't been helpful for our relationship how often I've brought up when I've lost weight. I haven't rubbed it in his face or anything, not saying "look how much better I've done than you!" but I have been excited about my transformation, and have been celebrating it. I think I should ease off on how much I'm communicating with him about my own personal journey, as I can imagine it would be very frustrating and disheartening to see someone else rocking it while you're still struggling...
  • The leader always leads by servanthood. You serve her to succeed...at cost to you, and you will succeed. Let her lamblast you, and thank her for it, but be firm, grant her tough love, and let her know that since your body is hers and hers is yours, you want that to be a gift to her. Keep going.
  • daynerz
    daynerz Posts: 227 Member
    love is not jealous...lol...

sounds like she is very insecure of you mate....
    And you are not doing anything wrong by initiating a regimen for her too...
    Fitness sounds important to you, and do not give that up because she does not approve, thats absurd...
    Like you said, she knew it was your thing before you were married....
    She is set her ways too, and she seem uncomfortable with change...
    funny thing thats true is.... Woman marry men thinking they will change, Men marry woman assuming they will never change...
    yes, the point being, your health is actually a good influence for her ......
    All in all, it's her issue, not yours. ;)
  • jdt242
    jdt242 Posts: 106 Member
    One more thought on this ....and I apologize if it's already been said, I couldn't read through all the negative comments. Alot of women are frustrated and irritated at how fast men can lose weight, (of course men lose weight faster, their bodies are designed to have more muscle and not store fat as efficiently) but a lot of men don't realize the frustration and irritation is not with thier success at losing weight as much as it is with herself for failing to lose weight.

+1

Also, sometimes women don't want you to solve their problems, they simply want you to listen. Ask her how you can help and then follow her lead.

From the sounds of your original post, she needs a change but as others have said, this is not entirely down to you. A lot rests on her.

Good luck.

• dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Is she truly upset with you to the point of it causing problems in your marriage OR is she just jealous? I started focusing on my weight loss in Aug I've lost 10 lbs. I log everyday, exercise 6 days a week, cut out alcohol, drink crap loads of water. Doing everything possible and I am lucky to lose these 10 lbs. My husband decided to get on the bandwagon end of Aug. Does NOT exercise, have cheat days on the weekends, cut out pop, half logs his food and BAM he loses 22lbs. I am truly truly happy for his weight loss because I want my husband to be healthy. But I do sip the hateraide just a little because he is losing sooo fast while I bust my *kitten* and I have to be happy with maybe losing 4 lbs in a month.
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    This thread is 10 days old and op has not been back to respond since the original day he posted, so why are people continuing to comment? It has already all been said.
  • pknjhh
    pknjhh Posts: 117 Member
    I still check it lol I think we got it figured out though. Things have been improving. Turns out that coming off birth control implementation made her hormones go crazy. She has leveled out and things have improved. Implanon is not recommended lol after it comes out things get crazy for a good month. Thanks for all your support =))
  • pknjhh
    Plus it keeps wanting me to download app and it is driving me nuts. Everything I click on it takes me to the app store. Got enough bloatware from att update don't want more lol
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    I have always been in to fitness. She knew that when we married. She knows I will be at the gym a few hours 5-7 days a week depending on goals I am going to reach. For years I stayed around 300lbs. I am in to bodybuilding so 300lbs I was not round. I still would hang 90lbs and do wide grip pullups. I could incline bench 425. 20-30 minutes cardio a day. Diet was always on point for my goals. I decided to lean out and get my abs in. Started at 313 and down to 266 in a month and half. Still can lift almost same weight in upper body. Squats suffered a lot though. Seated military dumbbell presses got 120s for 8 yesterday. So overall happy with strength with cutting down. I am going to 240ish. I will be very very lean there no doubt. 266 I got sides of abs coming in. Also can clearly see the v shape on the bottom. I do 7 days a week. Core everyday, cardio everyday, regular routine 2 days on one day off then 3 days on. I am using Keto to cut down along with a small dose of t3, clen and prescribed test to speed up results. Anyway, wife has been trying to lose weight forever. She doesn't exercise hardly at all, eats junk food in small potions and takes phentermine or relies on it I should say. She has been so upset I am cutting down. I love her the way she is so I am not trying to force her to change. I see how upset she gets about her weight so I try to say lets go workout together or how about you try this. She gets mad at me. Today I got on the scale after her and now she won't even talk to me. I don't feel it's my fault she can't stick to a proper diet. I can go 6 months with no cheat meals and not caring about them. I eat for performance not pleasure. She is the opposite. What can I do to help her feel better and stop her frustration with me?
    Apparently, not get on the scale after her. Maybe they have one at your gym? Clearly this is a sore spot for her. Reassure her that you love her as she is and will love her no matter what changes she makes, or doesn't. Let her goals and motivations be her own. Steer clear of this kind of topic and remand your detailed descriptions of your awesomeness on the fitness front to this app and to gym chat with your gym friends. Limit your topics with your wife to how great her *kitten*/cooking/jokes/kindness/heart/soul/chest/face/etc. is and never talk about fitness in front of her. Yours or hers.

What if she had a big zit on her nose that you knew she was self conscious about? Would you stand in the mirror and say "Hot damn my skin is so perfect!"? No, I doubt that. Just because fitness is your wheelhouse no need to make her feel like a slouch.

Just reel it in a little and save it for your online and gym friends.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    I still check it lol I think we got it figured out though. Things have been improving. Turns out that coming off birth control implementation made her hormones go crazy. She has leveled out and things have improved. Implanon is not recommended lol after it comes out things get crazy for a good month. Thanks for all your support =))
    ..or blame it on her hormones. Whichever.
  • i get mad my husband is super skinny always have been he has issues gaining weight but if I ate what he ate I would gain but what my hubby does to help me is h when I work he tells me im doing a good job he tells me he keeps me going pretty much and I feel like he's here to help me maybe try that and see if it helps some and what ever your eating offer her it too... hope I helped a bit
  • pknjhh
    Don't know where that came from lol never talked about my mother lol it's not illegal what I use. Just depends which country your in ;) lmao
  • pknjhh
    MrM27 wrote: »
    Don't know where that came from lol never talked about my mother lol it's not illegal what I use. Just depends which country your in ;) lmao

Maybe you should take a look at the person I quoted. Take a look.

Now, you have a quick response for everything to prove how great you are. It's sad.

Taking Clen is stupid, dumb, idiotic, pick whichever you prefer, in the end they all lead to the same place...........ignorance. It doesn't matter what country you're from. Thinking that your wife is the one with the problem only magnifies you lack of perception of reality.

To all those people thinking his wife is just jealous of his awesomeness, PED's are just a recipe for disaster. Everyone is overlooking that. Numbers aren't so impressive when you're juicing. And even less impressive when you add in the use of PED's and the fact that at his size, with the years of training those numbers are standard at best. No one should be jealous of anyone on PED's.

But you know what.. I look damn good doing it ;) dropped off another few pounds in last few days. Abs will be here in about 4 weeks fully in. Please about the numbers lmfao I'm going for bodyfat percentage now not max . Yup just tan it up after and gtg. You can pick me apart but I am very good at what I do in my career and my hobbies. Peds lmfao that what the people who never get to where they want say as a cop out. Enjoy your pity party but seriously I have a great life and you could never bring me down. I'm better then that =))))) how's that for arrogance lol