Bite me, Couch to 5K - Week 3!

Options

Replies

• Ronij59
    Ronij59 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I love this post not only for the honest humor of it but the reality of our getting started and not thinking we can do it and when we do we feel the glory of success ever so small. Good Job buddy
  • bdgfn
    bdgfn Posts: 7,719 Member
    Options
    That is tooooo funny!!!!! Thank you for the laugh!
  • wnt2bhlthy4me
    wnt2bhlthy4me Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    You're awesome. Week 4 was like this for me. I finished the program months ago. You can do it!
  • QueenE_
    QueenE_ Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Wtg! :D
  • jessiruthica
    jessiruthica Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! And so spot on! I'm just finishing C25K (one more run until graduation!) and still berate the 5k101 guy with a lot of "you must be kidding me"s :smile:
  • hrayala
    hrayala Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Hilarious! I've been feeling the same way about that app but I'm on week 7 now and determined to finish....no matter how slow I go! Great job!!
  • 100andOnward
    100andOnward Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    LOVE this! :joy:
  • CarolinaAcorn
    CarolinaAcorn Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    hahaha! Too funny and I remember that feeling when I did C25K!
    Congrats on your progress.
  • FitOldMomma
    FitOldMomma Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    desweds wrote: »
    “Ding! Begin Walking”

The ladyvoice of Week 3, Day 1 of Couch to 5k wasn't reassuring as she commanded my 5 minute warm up walk. I know what this day meant. I’d already looked ahead to what she was going to ask me to do today: FOUR THREE-MINUTE RUNS!?!?!?! ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?

For the record, two weeks ago I couldn't run half a block. Granted, by last week ladyvoice got me up to two minutes runs – which impressed the CRAP out of me – but now THREE MINUTES? My excuses-per-second generator speeds up as the first of the three-minute runs approach:
    I’m 53! I'm morbidly obese! My joints hurt! I have a hiatal hernia! I'm diabetic!

“Ding! RUN!”

OK, you stupid smartphone app, I’ll run. Here I go. 13 minute pace. Slow. Who cares? I’m moving and that’s good enough. My feet go: plop, plop, plop. The cruel, uncaring app counts down the three minute run:

“Ding! One Minute!”

WTF? That’s only one minute? I’ll never make three minutes. I’m dying here! I can’t get enough air! My heart rate is too high! Ouch, I stepped on a pebble! How the hell am I supposed to…Oh look! A pretty girl…

“Ding! Two Minutes!”

My android phone must be powerful as it is clearly warping the space time continuum cuz’ there is NO GOD DAMN WAY I've only been running for 120 seconds. But it’s OK as I know sweet death will soon wrap itself around me, my corpse left on the side of the street. Woodland creatures will walk by and quietly mourn me. I will be at peace. My head is spinning. Yet my feet are moving… time is lost on me…
    COME TAKE ME BROTHER DEATH! INTO THY HANDS…

“Ding! Walk!”

Was...that…a ding I heard? Does that mean…I DID IT? I did! I ran three minutes. Nee Ner Nee Ner! I’m walking now, breathing hard with hands on my hips. Recovering.

Meh. That was easy. Only three more of those? No problem.

Go away Brother Death. Mr. Healthy does not need you now!

You are awesome! I cannot wait to read your account of when you run 5K, lol. And I know you'll do it.
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    desweds wrote: »
    “Ding! Walk!”

Was...that…a ding I heard? Does that mean…I DID IT? I did! I ran three minutes. Nee Ner Nee Ner! I’m walking now, breathing hard with hands on my hips. Recovering.

Meh. That was easy. Only three more of those? No problem.

Go away Brother Death. Mr. Healthy does not need you now!

Ha ha! Love this. Great job Mr. Healthy. Keep it up.
  • deluxmary2000
    deluxmary2000 Posts: 981 Member
    Options
    Lol - good for you!! I'm half-way through week 6 and actually thought week 4 was the hardest.
  • Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Love the internal dialogue and keep up the good work!
  • chesnity3
    chesnity3 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Love this! Great job! I'm on week7 day2 and I felt this way on week5 the 20 minute run. But you can do it, keep it up!
  • mmmcrane
    mmmcrane Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    You're Funny!! Good Job on not giving up!
  • smalleyez06
    smalleyez06 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Pure honesty in how we feel about the C25K person. I am pretty sure I had this entire conversation with myself at one point except I was, " ah *kitten* a car is coming, please don't look like your dying."
    I will be starting C25K again and pretty sure I will once again have this conversation with myself.
    Great job on getting to week 3 of the program!
  • crawford8903
    crawford8903 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I will be starting today, wish me luck!!
  • ethompso0105
    ethompso0105 Posts: 418 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    This was fantastic! Thanks for sharing--it makes me want to try C25K again. I only did a couple days the first time before life got in the way. I'll have to go look for that app, now!

@desweds, which app are you using?
  • joanthemom8
    joanthemom8 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I did C25K about 2 years ago (the ripe old age of 46!) ...it took me 12 weeks to finish because I had to spend extra time on some weeks.... but here it is 2 years later and I can still run (slowly, I'll admit) 5Ks. I have a few under my belt and I'm thinking of starting the Bridge to 10K program. I loved C2%K - I was never a runner before - I thought that if someone was chasing me, I'd just have to be caught. Now I can at least outrun a slow criminal. LOL
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    I will be starting today, wish me luck!!
    Good luck!

This group is great for support and knowledge:
    couch-to-5k-running-program-c25k
  • soxobsessed
    soxobsessed Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    you are awesome and hilarious, good for you can't wait to read more
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!