Who wants to start 30 day shred with me tomorrow?!?

Options

Replies

• perktms
    perktms Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Day 27, three more to go. Holy **** it IS possible!! I know what you mean by hating doing it. I don't hate doing it, but I do hate starting ot each day. I argue with myself until I say, "You can't quit NOW!!" and then I just suck it up and do it.
    I will post my progress from the 30 days when I'm finished.
    I don't know what I'll do after day 30... any suggestions?
    Keep it up everyone!! You CAN do it!

Yay.You're almost done.Thats such a great accomplishment.=) Well done.! I have the Jillian "The Biggest Winner" DVD set. Its a collection of 5 dvd's at 30 minutes each. Working ALL areas imaginable. Shes killer but its nice switching things up everyday and it works! Just a thought if you like Jillians training style.!

Thanks for the suggestion. I do like her style, even though I tell her to "shut up", especially in level two with the military press combined leg raises followed by chair squats with those anterior whatevers!!! Killer!!
    Mind if I add you?

My main areas of sorness are arms. I was literally shaking getting through those side lung/arms last night, but Im proud to say I pulled through. I didnt love day 2, but I felt like I pushed hard all the way through finishing the whole thing. Bring it ONNNN day 3.=) Im also going to do some walking/jogging over the weekend. Its suppose to be beautiful out in my neck of the woods.!
    Good luck everyone.!
  • kayleeblue
    kayleeblue Posts: 273
    Options
    What am I about to do....? I borrowed the dvd last night and watched it this a.m. thought eh..doesn't look to bad..OMG was I wrong..started it this afternoon.. I didn't make it through all of it..but hey its a start....right? Ok if the owner of the dvd will let me use it for 30 days I will give it a whirl. I did my measurements when I started working out and have lost since but will redo them in a.m. Hope all of you will push me...can't do it with out all of you! Keeps me honest. Good luck to all.....
  • Charice
    Charice Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    L1 D4 done!! Definitely not as sore today and....wait for it...I did a push-up!! Me! Granted, it was still a granny style, but I did it without my body hitting the floor! I was only able to do 2 of them "correctly" but that was two more than I did yesterday!! I am also proud of myself for getting this in today since I left early this morning and drove about 500 miles round trip for work today...then got home and did the shred. Go me :-)
  • sweetmanjd
    sweetmanjd Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Charice: Awesome job on the push ups!! What a great victory. And big "YAHOO" for getting it done on such a hectic/late day! the Push ups improve fast so stick with it!! GO YOU!
  • K1tt
    K1tt Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    right, well day one is done. My arms are a little shaky, but I feel ok at the moment. I've weighed and measured before starting and now I've put the scales and tape measure away until my 30 days are done.

Is anyone having rest days or are you pushing through the sore muscles? I don't want to injure myself or put myself off!

I'll be having rest days. If I can get 5 days in a week i'll be happy. I'm away a bit in May and am getting my wisdom teeth out so I know there will be days I can't shred. I got to day 20 about 3 weeks ago and had been taking rest days but I was still shrinking before my very eyes so don't worry! Once you've taken those measurements you'll def be amazed come day 30. I was measuring myself every 10 days btw. Def helps with the motivation when you start to see the inches come off.

L1 D2 done, along with yoga and boxing. I'm so ready for a shower and bed x

thanks for the reply, I guess I'll see how it goes. Aim to get in 30 minutes every day, I can always spend those 30 doing something else if I'm aching.
  • jsonnett02
    jsonnett02 Posts: 110
    Options
    I measured last night and then felt depressed! I haven't been that high in inches before :(

Wasn't able to do D4 this morning and probably won't tonight, heading out of town to do WEDDING STUFF YAY!! So I will get back on the horse Sunday!! A little delay, but that is life, right?!!

Keep up the good work everyone :)
  • NikkiTaber
    NikkiTaber Posts: 190
    Options
    I skipped yesterday so I am doing L1D4 today. Much less sore and feeling great. After I do the shred I have to scrub the house from top to bottom. Figured I could count that as extra exercise lol.
  • NikkiTaber
    Options
    Today was much harder for me for some reason. Maybe because I took a rest day yesterday? I don't know...Hrmmm... hopefully it will become easier again
  • dolphin21
    dolphin21 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    How do u post the height, goal #1-2-3 ect well everything else? I see it with everyone on the post when they reply back its on the bottom.
  • bast2112
    bast2112 Posts: 63
    Options
    I've been hearing good things about the shred... And I could really use something different! I'll pick it up tonight. :)

Just did the video at level 1 and I feel like jell-o. Drank some chocolate milk after so hopefully not too sore tomorrow!

Here's my measurements today:

Height: 5'3"
    Weight: 134 lbs
    Bust: 37.5"
    Waist: 29.5"
    Hips: 42"
    Thighs: 23.5"
    Arms: 12"

Hopefully there will be less jell-o in 30 days!

Day 2 down as of last night. Still hurts a lot!!

Day 3 of level 1 down last night, and I'm still having trouble getting all the way through a few spots. I call Jillian every name in the book! But today I am LESS sore than after the first 2 days!
  • newmeat30
    newmeat30 Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    Level 2, Day 5 (I think) finished. Great end to my 45 minute TurboFire workout. :)
  • JaimeLaRae
    JaimeLaRae Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I was going to start on the 1st, but tomorrow works!
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    How do u post the height, goal #1-2-3 ect well everything else? I see it with everyone on the post when they reply back its on the bottom.

Hey there. I think you mean our signatures? If so, up top here theres an option that says "signature" Just go in there and add any information you want. You can update whenever you want/need.

So hows everyone feeling? Im still sore but learning to like it. Feels like Im doing something. Im still craving protein like mad. So annoying! Im wanting to measure and weigh really bad but Im trying not to! I think Ill still do it on Mondays because thats just what Ive always done. Hoping for some loss in my hips and butt! haha Those two arent budging and its starting to get ridiculous!
  • NikkiTaber
    Options
    I wouldn't Julie! I think we should all try to stay away from the tape measure and the scale til the 30 days are up. I weighed the other day and I was up some so it made me almost say 'forget this!' and give up. Just visually though, I am starting to see a difference already. My waist is looking more defined. I am getting a more hour glass shape.

I think i figured out why it was so hard for me to do today..... I caught my finance's sickness >.> I really hope it goes away quickly so I can get right back on track.
  • Charice
    Charice Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Charice: Awesome job on the push ups!! What a great victory. And big "YAHOO" for getting it done on such a hectic/late day! the Push ups improve fast so stick with it!! GO YOU!

Thanks for the encouragement!

I did Day 5 today...I am doing much better on the soreness, but my muscles felt a little weak, I fought through it though. I know I am getting stronger and that makes it all worth it!
  • mrmchap
    mrmchap Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Ok ladies I need opinions on this. I missed the last two days due to being sick. I tried to workout yesterday and as soon as I started I was running for the bathroom. I am drinking plenty of water so I think it was a stomach issue. I am feeling much better today so I am ready to hit it again. Should I count today as day 4 (I had done 3 days of the workout) or should I start over with day 1? I knew there might be a day here or there that I would miss and would just keep going the next day but I wasn't planning on 2 days in a row.

On another note a pair of jeans I have that were tight on me just last week (and I mean so tight I had to suck in to button and couldnt sit down in them) are now fitting me like they are suppose too! So excited to see this small change already
  • Pat_Johnson
    Pat_Johnson Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Wheww!! I started yesturday would love to start with you took mesuarments have yet to take pic.
  • ginmo333
    ginmo333 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Can't believe we're already going on day 6!!! it's going by fast...but I still dread it a little every day....then I remind myself it is only 26 min and I can do anything for 26 min!

I have not noticed a big difference yet but hopefully I will start seeing more results....I am going to try not to take measurements until the 30 days are up! Good look everyone :)
  • sweetmanjd
    sweetmanjd Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Ok ladies I need opinions on this. I missed the last two days due to being sick. I tried to workout yesterday and as soon as I started I was running for the bathroom. I am drinking plenty of water so I think it was a stomach issue. I am feeling much better today so I am ready to hit it again. Should I count today as day 4 (I had done 3 days of the workout) or should I start over with day 1? I knew there might be a day here or there that I would miss and would just keep going the next day but I wasn't planning on 2 days in a row.

I suggest picking right up where you left off - Day 4. If you get to Day 11 and find you're not ready for Level 2, just do your make-up days then.

I just finished Day 7 and am feeling good. Everything is still challenging, but I'm loving the feeling of accomplishment.
    I keep thinking "At the end of May, would I rather say "I wish I'd stuck with it" or "Damn, 30 days FLEW by...and check out my butt!" ?? :)
  • ginmo333
    ginmo333 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

I suggest picking right up where you left off - Day 4. If you get to Day 11 and find you're not ready for Level 2, just do your make-up days then.

I just finished Day 7 and am feeling good. Everything is still challenging, but I'm loving the feeling of accomplishment.
    I keep thinking "At the end of May, would I rather say "I wish I'd stuck with it" or "Damn, 30 days FLEW by...and check out my butt!" ?? :)
    [/quote]

I LOVE this ^^^^^ I have to keep telling myself the same thing! In 30 days I would rather be saying "YES... I did it" rather than regretting not sticking with it. :))