Who wants to start 30 day shred with me tomorrow?!?

Options

Replies

• newmeat30
    newmeat30 Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    does anyone know where I find the 30 day shred to put in for my exercise for today?

You can manually enter it it as a new exercise but you'd need a heart rate monitor to know how many calories you have burned. If you don't have a heart rate monitor, just pick something on the database that is similar to it. :wink:

Also, I've got my most recent pictures and measurements on my blog. I'll be posting new ones tomorrow. Feel free to check out my blog at >>>>>>> newmeat30.blogspot.com
  • sweetmanjd
    sweetmanjd Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I just did day 1 and thought I was going to die! I am so out of shape its not even funny! She kept saying not to rest for more than 5 seconds, but there was a few times I stopped to catch my breath. I had a hard time the most with all the jumping around with jumping jacks, jump rope, and butt kicks. My knees were hurting by the end, I think I need to get some braces if I want to keep going! Hopefully this gets easier once my body gets "used" to working out again!

Modify modify modify!! The last thing you want is to quit/get discouraged due to knee pain. I've had 3 surgeries on my knees so modify things all the time.
    For those three cardio pieces try marching in place instead and keep your arms moving - something that gets them over your head.
    Or 'graduate' to burpees instead...those will get your heart rate up super fast!
    The main thing is to find a way to make this a workout you will keep doing.
    You can do this.
    You will get stronger.
    You will build endurance.
    Keep choosing to do it!! :)
  • mrmchap
    mrmchap Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Thanks this was super encouraging! My husband said the same thing, make this workout what you can for yourself. He said in the end even if I have to pause the DVD and take a few good deep breaths with some water it is better than sitting on the couch doing nothing. My plan is to keep going, maybe take a day off tomorrow with walking on the treadmill then back to 30DS the day after.
  • Ashtrizzle
    Options
    Going to start this today!
  • Relaxitsjstmolly
    Options
    I just started 30DS this morning so I was happy to find this thread! Weighed myself this morning at a little over 140 and I'll try my best not to weigh again until the 30 days is over! Good luck everyone!
  • tarabambrick
    Options
    Okay you have yet another one joining your group. I have done it in the past and seen amazing results. Will post measurements in the morning, along with weight. Good luck everyone!!!
  • jasonsmom001
    jasonsmom001 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    ok, me too!!!
  • horizonsp
    horizonsp Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I have done 30 days shed once. It took 43 days for me to complete LOL...I used to log it under circuit training as I don't have a HRM. I wud like tgo start it again. Will do it today in the afternoon.
  • NikkiTaber
    NikkiTaber Posts: 190
    Options
    Here are my measurements. After 30 days I'm going to post my measurements again and we can see how well it worked for me
    Weight: 206
    Hips: 44
    waist: 35
    Bust (under bra): 37 (over bra) 43
    Upper thighs: Left 25 Right 25
    Lower thighs: Left 17.5 Right 17
    Arms: Left 12 Right 12

I'm actually excited to do this. I cannot believe I'm actually excited to exercise. 6 months ago you couldn't pay me to exercise lol. It is amazing how you change over time :)
  • sheeleza
    sheeleza Posts: 6
    Options
    Count me in! Since I hit the gym to day I will count it as day 1 too. will take my measurements when I get home. :happy:
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    Lots of new people!!!

I just finished!! wooo! Like someone else said - MODIFY if need be. The lunges are hard on my knees so I do a few and then march in place while I do the arm workout. Then back to the lunges when I can. I think as long as you keep moving and keep your heart rate up, thats whats important. And its definitely better than the couch!!

I started this group up but I dont want to make rules. We each do things a little differently as far as when we want to weigh, etc... which is fine. Just more of a supportive place for questions and encouragement.

As for me - measurements/weight on Monday. Starting with....
    Weight 259.4
    Waist 42
    Hips 50 and havent budged in a month (grrr!)
    Thighs 30
    arms 17.5
  • cat_1977
    cat_1977 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Hey hey! I'm in!

I almost got to the end of Level 2 before going on holls but now haven't done a thing for 3 weeks and i'm feeling very wobbly indeed. Trying to decide whether to start back at L1 or start at L2 again. I'm all over the place in May but if I can do it 5 days a week I'll be happy. Will get stuck in tomorrow. Scared to measure myself cause I know the last 3 weeks have been a disaster and I was feeling so trim till then!
  • Girl1Beagle4
    Girl1Beagle4 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I started 3 days ago. Just want you all to know you will be sore. I was sore but I still went ahead and plowed throught it. Today is day 3 and I'm sore but not as sore as day 2. From all the threads I have read about the 30 day shread, most people lost inches and not much weight. I don't want anyone to be disappointed. The inches they had lost were pretty significant. 2-3 inches from their waist , 3-4 from their hip, etc. Some poeple measured half way through and at the end and others did it at the end. I'm very excited about the results that I'm hoping to get. I will post my measurements tonight. Lets keep in touch on this thread so we can help support each oter and give tips if needed. Good Luck Everyone!!!!
  • sweetmanjd
    sweetmanjd Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Oh yes, you WILL be sore. Move through it!! (and stretch several times throughout the day, especially before bed)
    I started with 8lbs for the biceps and after two days was way too sore... so I just used one of them and held onto each end...effectively doing 4 lb curls. I will try 8's again tomorrow.
    I also tell myself constantly "you can do anything for 30 seconds"
    Or my favorite:
    "YES YOU CAN!!" (yes, I shout it in my head and yes, I speak to myself in 2nd person:)
  • NikkiTaber
    NikkiTaber Posts: 190
    Options
    Excuse my language but HOLY CRAP! I just did my first day of level one and I feel like I am about to faint. I had to modify a lot of it just so I could get through it. I am now determined to be able to do it all with out modification and this is just level 1! I am terrified of level 3 rofl.
  • Charice
    Charice Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I just survived Day 1! I used 3 pound weights, and glad I didn't go heavier. I can tell that I have been running because the leg exercises were not nearly as tough as the arms. I am feeling pretty good about it, I did better than I feared. Reading others' posts about 30DS I was really nervous! I can tell I will be sore tomorrow, but I am going to move on through it.

Stats:
    Weight: 204
    Chest: 44
    Waist: 38
    Hips: 46
    Thighs: 27
    Arms: 12
  • imxawesome
    Options
    I'm in! I technically started it 3 days ago, today is my day 4. But I'm all for finding people to talk to about it and such. Support is amazing! I'm really determined to make it happen in just 30 days. I've been pushing through the pain and although it's such a pain to walk/sit on a couch/work it's definitely worth it :)

I use 2lb weights and I'm definitely following Anita, no way I'm near advance yet, but one day I will be :)
  • JulieF11
    JulieF11 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    I'd like to do it too... I don't have the video yet, but I'm sure my husband will help me download it tonight. I looked for it in the stores last night and couldn't find it... an "instant download" sounds like a plan! I have an iPad... I'm sure I can play it on that.

Hooray!
  • ginmo333
    ginmo333 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I'm totally in too!!! I'm glad I saw this thread bc I just started it today, and man was it a killer.... I'll be honest I had to take a couple of breaks. I will be soo happy when I can finish it and move up in levels. I did get a little bit dizzy going from laying down to standing up...but it may be because I didn't eat much this morning. I'll have to make sure I eat more before so I don't feel faint. I am excited to see where we're all at in 30 days!

Chest-41
    Waist-39.5
    Hips-47
    Arm-12
    Thighs-27
  • newmeat30
    newmeat30 Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    I just finished Day 3 - Level 2. I was coverd in sweat but I only burned 159 calories. :grumble:
    I'm enjoying it but I certainly could not use it as my only workout. For me, I do think that doing it in combination with other cardio exercise will give really good results. I'm looking forward to seeing my shredded self in 30 days. :love: