Who wants to start 30 day shred with me tomorrow?!?

Options

Replies

• mrmchap
    mrmchap Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Can I join in? I was thinking of starting 30DS today as well, but started to lose the motivation. Maybe this is just what I need! I will take measurements before I start. My hubby took Before photos last night but they are of me in my panties/bra not sure I want to post those after I saw how awful I really do look!
  • alygoo615
    alygoo615 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I'm in!
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    yeah more people!! Come on in and lets get going!

And, if you dont want to share pics - thats totally fine! I think just being here to keep each other motivated and seeing some results start happening is good enough!
  • mrmchap
    Options
    Thanks! I will prob. be more willing to share photos when I have lost some weight ;)

I am putting my DVD in now. I tried it before and had a hard time getting through just one session of it. I refuse to give up this time though!
  • mrmchap
    Options
    Julie~ I just noticed you share a birthday with my Daughter! She will be 8 this year, and my goal is to be a bit less by then ;)
  • emilyeleanor
    Options
    I'd love to join in too! I've been doing level one on and off for the last two weeks, but would love to actually do 30 days consecutively. My favorite trick now that I've learned level one is to mute Jillian and play good workout music. I can only hear her tips about ankle rolling so many times!

I already shredded this morning, and I'll be sure to do it again tomorrow! Glad I have a place to check in to keep me accountable!
  • amandalc980
    amandalc980 Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    I'm on board! I need to do it again, too. Love the arm workouts!
  • juliecat1
    Options
    May 24 is a popular birthday on this thread! By then, we will just be wrapped up on this and inches smaller. How awesome will that be!!??

I find the program really hard too and get scared after week one to move on to week two. Thats what does me in every time. But, people larger and more out of shape than I have gotten through it so I can too!
  • NikkiTaber
    NikkiTaber Posts: 190
    Options
    I'm waiting for my copy to arrive today and I plan on starting it right away. Hopefully I can stick to it for the whole 30 days. Good luck to you!
  • VeganMinx
    VeganMinx Posts: 11
    Options
    I'm waiting for my copy to arrive today and I plan on starting it right away. Hopefully I can stick to it for the whole 30 days. Good luck to you!

i just got my copy of her ripped in 30 in the mail - was planning to begin may 1st.

is this one good as well?
  • juliecat1
    Options
    I havent tried the ripped one but I think its similar
  • mrmchap
    Options
    I just did day 1 and thought I was going to die! I am so out of shape its not even funny! She kept saying not to rest for more than 5 seconds, but there was a few times I stopped to catch my breath. I had a hard time the most with all the jumping around with jumping jacks, jump rope, and butt kicks. My knees were hurting by the end, I think I need to get some braces if I want to keep going! Hopefully this gets easier once my body gets "used" to working out again!
  • mrmchap
    Options
    does anyone know where I find the 30 day shred to put in for my exercise for today?
  • juliecat1
    Options
    It is tough!! Just hang in there the best you can!
    Shred isnt in the calories thing. I think most people log it as aerobics, general or circuit general. Cant remember how its worded.

My oldest just got sent home from school with a fever and puking. So.... Im delayed. but I WILL get it in today!! Darn sickies!!
  • mrmchap
    Options
    It is tough!! Just hang in there the best you can!
    Shred isnt in the calories thing. I think most people log it as aerobics, general or circuit general. Cant remember how its worded.

My oldest just got sent home from school with a fever and puking. So.... Im delayed. but I WILL get it in today!! Darn sickies!!

Hope your oldest is feeling better soon! We made it all winter with no illnesses and now that its spring both of mine have horrible colds :(

Good luck with your 1st day, it was rough and I did take breaks but I am proud I did the whole thing!
  • meana717
    meana717 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I'm in... I'll do my first workout when I get home from work today!! I have 20 lbs to lose by July ( or atleast tone up the jiggly belly) for my Sister's wedding! I'm going to be one of the bridemaids.
  • NikkiTaber
    Options

i just got my copy of her ripped in 30 in the mail - was planning to begin may 1st.

is this one good as well?

I haven't started it yet but I hear a bunch of great things. As for the ripped, I hear it is similar to the 30ds but a little more intense. Also there are 4 levels with Ripped vs 3 levels with 30ds. Either way both dvds should give a great workout.
  • Girl1Beagle4
    Girl1Beagle4 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Today will be day 3 for me. I will do it with you! I have measurements already. How did you plan to do this? Is everyone taking measurement and keeping track for themselves?
  • slow2go
    slow2go Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Ok...I'm in. LOL I started it over a wk ago, did it once and could hardly get off the chair for the next three days..I hurt in pllaces I never knew you could!! Then I gave up. I did it again today..I have borrowed this video from the library...I'm gonna try and renew it till I get to the city later this wk to get my own copy...is it ok if I use another one of Jillian's video's in it's place if I cannot renew it? Only be for a few days. Hopefully some motivation from other people will keep me going..I really want to keep with it.

Thanks
  • NikkiTaber
    Options
    Today will be day 3 for me. I will do it with you! I have measurements already. How did you plan to do this? Is everyone taking measurement and keeping track for themselves?

I took my weight, measurements, and before pictures today. I am going to do day 1 later when I receive the video. I want to not weigh or measure myself AT ALL until I complete the month. Who knows how well that is going to go lol. I may measure and weigh at the beginning of each week. We shall see.

As to how often I'm going to do the workout, I am shooting for every day. If it ends up kicking my butt, I may need to take recovery days, at least at the beginning. If I need recovery days, I plan on hopping on my stationary bike to keep up on my cardio.

I hope this works for me. 4 more months until my wedding and I really, really hope to be 180 for it.