"TLFC" exercise and accountability support!

Options

Replies

• BetterKimmer
    BetterKimmer Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    @ninerbuff Thank you! Simple and straightforward. Good to know
    @tsimblist Good site. Now in my favorites. (*)

Cardio: 1500m row for warm up, plyos between all sets for 1 min each - jump rope, side to side shuffle squat, low box jump, mountain climbers, step up w/jump. 20 min treadmill at 15% incline and 3mph

Strength: Wide grip lat pull down 80-90lbs 4x10, low pulley straight arm raise 30lbs 3x10, close grip cable row 80-90lbs 4x12, rear delt flys 70-80lbs 3x10, high lat lever pull down 110-130lbs 3x10, back extension machine 100lbs 3x12, bodyweight back hyperextensions on ball 3x20

Assessement: Mostly good. I did fall victim to a Chipotle burrito last night. A willing victim. lol! Protein could be higher, but nothing is out of control. Lost 2lbs since last week, so must be doing something right.
  • tsimblist
    tsimblist Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Happy Thursday! I was still tired this morning when it was time to go to the gym, so I slept in. When I finally did get up, I was greeted with a red light on my HRV sample ( https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/19811888/ithleteHRV20141023.png ). So my rest day decision was confirmed.

Cardio: Rest day

Strength: Rest day

Assessment: Nutrition on track yesterday and planned out for today.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,667 Member
    Options
    @ninerbuff Thank you! Simple and straightforward. Good to know
    @tsimblist Good site. Now in my favorites. (*)

Cardio: 1500m row for warm up, plyos between all sets for 1 min each - jump rope, side to side shuffle squat, low box jump, mountain climbers, step up w/jump. 20 min treadmill at 15% incline and 3mph

Strength: Wide grip lat pull down 80-90lbs 4x10, low pulley straight arm raise 30lbs 3x10, close grip cable row 80-90lbs 4x12, rear delt flys 70-80lbs 3x10, high lat lever pull down 110-130lbs 3x10, back extension machine 100lbs 3x12, bodyweight back hyperextensions on ball 3x20

Assessement: Mostly good. I did fall victim to a Chipotle burrito last night. A willing victim. lol! Protein could be higher, but nothing is out of control. Lost 2lbs since last week, so must be doing something right.
    Lol that's not being a victim, but some good eating!!!

• ninerbuff
    Options
    tsimblist wrote: »
    Happy Thursday! I was still tired this morning when it was time to go to the gym, so I slept in. When I finally did get up, I was greeted with a red light on my HRV sample ( https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/19811888/ithleteHRV20141023.png ). So my rest day decision was confirmed.

Cardio: Rest day

Strength: Rest day

Assessment: Nutrition on track yesterday and planned out for today.
    When you body knows, it knows.

• ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang

I like myself unconditionally!

Happy Thursday! 1 client this morning and then 2 this evening. Finish laundry today and then later tonight a friend pays up on a bet to eat a Cattleman's and watch the Denver/San Diego game tonight.

Cardio: stepmill- level 9 (400 calories)

Strength: back- pullups, bent over rows, seated cable rows, pullovers. 4x20

Assessment: Lol, I was dismayed by the Giants loss, that I didn't eat that much last night.
  • sjaplo
    sjaplo Posts: 974 Member
    Options
    Happy Thursday all.

Yesterday - Cardio - 3 miles on the treadmill in 25:50 so 8 sec faster than last week.

Today

Cardio: - none

Strength: 30 min yoga - good session - don't know why I don't make time for it more often.

Assessment: Not enough protein yesterday and way over calories on dinner without realizing it. (Mushroom ravioli in a mushroom cream sauce and a freshly baked baguette)However the scale was still leaning to the happy side of 175 this am so I'm looking forward to seeing what tomorrow will bring. Finally put a new hole in my leather belt this am as my pants just felt too loose. Even with wearing two shirts!
  • brandiuntz
    brandiuntz Posts: 2,717 Member
    Options
    Happy Thursday!!

What a crazy annoying week at work. Have worked serious overtime Mon-Wed, so no workouts. Finally got in some exercise tonight!

Cardio: 6 mile run. 64 minutes.

Food: Been a good week of eating (if nothing else).
  • tsimblist
    Options
    TGIF!

Cardio: Walked laps between sets.

Strength: Overhead Intensity day (942 calories). Squats, Overhead Press, Hang Snatch, Weighted Dips, Hanging Knee Raises, Pull-ups.

Assessment: Nutrition on plan yesterday and planned out for today. Yesterday's rest made the HRV app happy.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang,

Happy TGIF and LCW! No clients this morning 1 tonight then TKO. Game 3 of the WS in the City tonight!!! Time for the Giants to close this up!

Cardio: jog/walk- 3 mi 400 calories

Strength: biceps and triceps- preacher curls, alternate curls, rope pressdowns, lying tricep extensions. 4x20

Assessment: Ate out with a friend last night because he lost a bet to me. Owed me a steak dinner!
  • sjaplo
    Options
    TGIF all!

Cardio:None

Strength: Had a late meeting last night so set the alarm for an hour later. Decided to do chin ups and push ups as there was no time for regular lifting schedule this am. Alternating 3 X 10 of each with 60 sec rest.

Assessment: Still feeling trim - scale still at 175 (since Oct 1st). They say the last 10lbs is the hardest :)
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang,

Happy weekend! One client this morning then strength training. Wind down day today and my DD has a girls party to attend tonight.

Cardio: jog/walk- 2 miles (300 calories)

Strength: NONE

Assessment: Too much junk yesterday.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    sjaplo wrote: »
    TGIF all!

Strength: Had a late meeting last night so set the alarm for an hour later. Decided to do chin ups and push ups as there was no time for regular lifting schedule this am. Alternating 3 X 10 of each with 60 sec rest.

Assessment: Still feeling trim - scale still at 175 (since Oct 1st). They say the last 10lbs is the hardest :)
    Feels that way. Usually a good idea to just shoot for a deficit that takes off 1/2 a pound a week at that point.
  • brandiuntz
    Options
    Happy Saturday!!

Eh, bad week of little exercise. But, got my much needed long run in. That half-marathon is coming up!

Cardio: 10 mile run. 114 minutes. 11:17/mile. Feeling good. So much endurance improvement from a year ago.

Food: on target.
  • brandiuntz
    Options
    Happy Sunday!!

Softball Sunday (finally - only the second weekend I've gone). 2 games as catcher, though split time with another player. 1 hit for an RBI.

Food: on target.
  • tsimblist
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Happy Monday!

Ran a half marathon on Saturday morning. Hadn't really trained for it as my longest run was 8 miles two weeks ago. The small event was only a few miles from home and I just wanted to see what I could do. I surprised myself with a PR at 2:16:08 on my Garmin. Still waiting for the official times to be posted.

Cardio: Walked laps between sets.

Strength: Bench Volume day (1009 calories). Squats, Bench Press, Deadlifts, Weighted Dips, Pull-ups. Logged at: jefit.com/members/user-logs/log/?xid=1655018&dd=2014-10-27

Assessment: Family get together at my in-laws for birthday celebrations & early Thanksgiving this past weekend. I enjoyed eating unrestrained holiday meals. Nutrition planned out for today and on track so far.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang,

Happy Monday! Bootcamp training this morning then one client then TKO. Typical Monday! Do have to get groceries and a haircut though.

Cardio: run/jog 2 miles (300 calories)

Strength: quads- leg press, squat, leg extension 2x25

Assessment: Stayed home pretty much most of the day and had pizza last night so I could watch the game.
  • odddrums
    odddrums Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Ooh I like this, I need some accountability after the lazy weekend I had. I'll post on Tuesday after my workout.
  • sjaplo
    Options
    Morning all - welcome to the new week.

Sat

Cardio: none

Strength: NROL Hypertrophy 2A - 3sets of 12 medium weight. So Superset: Reverse grip barbell row 100lbs 3 X 12 - no cage or rack so no bench press at home 3 X 25 push ups instead. Superset: Reverse incline two hand DB row 38lbs 3 X 12 and incline db press 38lbs 3 X 12. No dip bar so overhead bb press 35lbs - 12, 12, 8 - last one to failure at 8.

Today

Cardio: None

Strength: NROL Hyperttrophy 2B - 2 sets of 25 light weight. So Deadlift 70lbs 2 X 25 w/ 30 sec rest. Superset: Dynamic lunge 40lbs 2 X 25 and step up 13lbs 2 X 25 - 30 sec rest. Reverse incline crunch 3 X 12 60 sec rest.

Assessment: Why is the light weight more reps harder to complete than the heavy (relative) weight low reps? All of the above left me gasping for breath. However, came out of the weekend the same weight as I went in - always a plus! No downward movement on the scale since Oct 2 - which I guess is ok, still feel great - measurement time is this weekend so we'll see what we see.

Have a wonderful day all. :)
  • sjaplo
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    sjaplo wrote: »
    TGIF all!

Feels that way. Usually a good idea to just shoot for a deficit that takes off 1/2 a pound a week at that point.

Agreed - I'm using TDEE less 20% (from the weightloss excell spreadsheet that is on mfp somewhere) - but I think need to adjust my exercise now that the weather is crappy and I'm doing less outdoors. I will do that this weekend as I have to roll over to a new month.

• edack72
    edack72 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Over the weekend -Hiking flat trail on Sat. then the mountain on sunday so I got in a leg workout eating not so good but not the worst ....Cardio and weights planned for tonight