"TLFC" exercise and accountability support!

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,916 Member
    Hey gang

I like myself unconditionally!

Happy Humpday! One client this morning and TKO this evening. Finish laundry and also lawn today.

Cardio: walk/jog- 3 miles (590 calories)

Strength: back- pullups, t-bar rows, seated cable rows, straight arm pressdowns.
    8x8

Assessment: Yep a good day yesterday.
  • brandiuntz
    brandiuntz Posts: 2,717 Member
    Tuesday: missed my workout. Bad me.

Wednesday/:

Cardio: 5.8 mile trail run/walk mix.

Food: on target.
  • ninerbuff
    Hey gang

Happy Thursday! 2 clients this morning and 3 tonight. Man it's already August! 3 more weeks and my DD's goes back to school! Getting ready for SD still and now looking to finish the year strong!

Cardio:Arc Trainer- level 100 12 min Tabata protocol (150 calories)

Strength:chest- incline bench, Hammer bench, dips, seated flyes. 8x8

Assessment: Much better with food and water yesterday.
  • brandiuntz
    Happy Thursday!

Strength training: Stronglifts 5x5

Squat: Realized my form is bad (filmed myself, not going low enough). Dropped down to no weight or bar. Pure form practice. Have to get form right before I hurt myself or get too unbalanced in quads to hamstrings.

Bench press: 77.5lb

Barbell Row: 85lb (backed off this by 5lb due to form issues last week at 90lb). Felt much better.

Also, 1x10 push ups. 3x5 one-legged hip bridges.

Food: on target
  • ninerbuff
    Happy Thursday!

Squat: Realized my form is bad (filmed myself, not going low enough). Dropped down to no weight or bar. Pure form practice. Have to get form right before I hurt myself or get too unbalanced in quads to hamstrings.

Barbell Row: 85lb (backed off this by 5lb due to form issues last week at 90lb). Felt much better.

Good for you brandi. Part of why I read so many "hurting knees" on Jillian Michael's 30 day shred is because most participants have no idea of form and really don't know if they are doing it correctly. They're just going through the motions.
  • ninerbuff
    Hey gang,

Happy TGIF and LCW! No clients today, just TKO. Getting ready for our trip for San Diego!

Strength: biceps and triceps- preacher curls, alternate curls, rope pressdowns, lying tricep extensions. 8x8

Assessment: I ate pretty well yesterday. Had flanken ribs for dinner.
  • brandiuntz
    Happy Thursday!

Good for you brandi. Part of why I read so many "hurting knees" on Jillian Michael's 30 day shred is because most participants have no idea of form and really don't know if they are doing it correctly. They're just going through the motions.

Thanks, niner. I'm sure I was doing dumbbell squats wrong, too, a lot of the time. It is hard to tell if you've gone deep enough. Luckily, I was good with the frog squats, so thinking terms of that form, and how I have to make sure my knees don't turn inward is helping me on this form correction. Just going to practice form only tomorrow. Will test with bar next week, but will stay at body weight squats as long as it takes.

I run too much to risk screwing up my knees. :laugh:
  • brandiuntz
    Friday!!

Cardio: Trail run/walk. Had running buddy's stepson with us, so it was mostly walk and exploring. About 4 miles total.

Food: High on the sodium today.
  • ninerbuff
    Hey gang,

Happy weekend! No clients this morning! I go for a 1 week hiatus from work to San Diego to visit relatives!!! Vacation time!!!

Cardio: NONE

Strength: NONE

Assessment: Nothing but junk food for me yesterday. Surprisingly, no weight gain.
  • ninerbuff
    Hey gang,

Happy Monday! We did Belmont Park in yesterday, and today just some downtown site seeing. I climbed a 30 foot rockwall (several times) and played lazer tag yesterday for some exercise!

Cardio: jog/walk- 3 miles (560 calories)

Strength: quads- leg press, squat, leg extension. 8x8

Assessment: I did okay this weekend.
  • brandiuntz
    Forgot to check in!

Weekend: no official exercise.

Monday: Cardio

4.6 miles of trail run/walk. It's hot outside! Glad I'm wearing a Camelbak on these longer runs in the heat.

Assessment: Back down to 161. Now to get back to 159. Have to love these fluctuations.
  • brandiuntz
    Tuesday!

Strength training: Stronglifts5x5

Squat: form work (broomstick on back). about 40 done.

Bench press: 80lb

Barbell row: 85lb

Deadlift: 155lb

Going to do deadlifts for each workout while I work on squat form. Will alternate Row and OHP, I think.

• brandiuntz
    Wednesday Hump Day (and, omg, what a crazy day at work):

Cardio: Trail run/walk mix. 5.6 miles. One month until my 10k!!

• ninerbuff
    Happy Humpday! Been off the computer a couple of days so am logging back in!

Strength: chest- incline bench, flat dumbell bench, flyes, cable crossovers. 8x8 30 second rest between sets

Assessment: Eating has been overboard. Haven't seen a scale in the past 3 days.
  • ninerbuff
    Hey gang

Happy Thursday! Leisure day today. Probably go visit some local shopping places.

Cardio:run/jog- 3 miles (600 calories)

Strength:chest- incline bench, Hammer bench, dips, seated flyes. 8x8

Assessment: Let's see if I can burn off some calories today.
  • brandiuntz
    Sounds like you're having a good time, niner!

Thursday: Strength training

Stronglifts 5x5

Squats: form-only. About 40.

Overhead press: 57.5lb

Bench press: 80lb

1x15 scissor kicks, 1x10 leg raises, 1x6 pushups, 60sec plank

Decided not to do serious leg work because am aiming for a 9 mile run tomorrow.

Assessment: Saw some increased definition in my shoulders. Woot!
  • ninerbuff
    Hey gang,

Happy TGIF and LCW! Just some visiting with friends here on our last day in San Diego. Went and saw The Wolverine last night..................I likes.

Cardio:run/jog- 3 miles (600 calories)

Strength: biceps and triceps- preacher curls, alternate curls, rope pressdowns, lying tricep extensions. 8x8

Assessment: Pigged out yesterday.
  • brandiuntz
    TGIF!! One week til vacation!

Cardio: 9 mile run. My longest non-stop run ever. 2 hours 4 minutes. Running buddy couldn't make it so decided to test myself. Kind of emotional to push myself that far. Previous was 6 miles.

• ninerbuff
    TGIF!! One week til vacation!

Cardio: 9 mile run. My longest non-stop run ever. 2 hours 4 minutes. Running buddy couldn't make it so decided to test myself. Kind of emotional to push myself that far. Previous was 6 miles.

You totally rock brandi! Good grief, that's further than I drive to work.
  • ninerbuff
    Hey gang,

Happy weekend! Drive back home today after a fun vacay in San Diego with relatives!
    Looking forward to getting back to work and my routine!

Strength: NONE

Assessment: Cheesecake Factory for lunch and Dave and Buster's for dinner. Need I say more?