Sixers Holiday Challenge Week 1

Options
Okay my Sixer group...let's start our new challenge! I have some ideas for this one:

1. Set a goal of losing 15-20% of our weight left to lose. So, if you have 40 pounds left to lose, 40 X 0.2 (20%) = 8 pounds to lose during this challenge or 1.4 pounds per week.

2. Let's re-post our measurements from the final week of Sexy in Six Challenge and then we can measure again after this 6 week challenge is over.

3. Let's continue to post our meals and exercise daily.

4. Let's each share one yummy recipe a week to help build up everyones cook books!

5. We will weigh in each Tuesday (start of the new week) and Friday (to motivate for the weekend)!

6. Let's continue to motivate each other!!! WE CAN DO THIS GIRLS!!!!!

I will be back in the morning with my stats, goals, and weight!!!!

Replies

• kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Okay my Sixer group...let's start our new challenge! I have some ideas for this one:

1. Set a goal of losing 15-20% of our weight left to lose. So, if you have 40 pounds left to lose, 40 X 0.2 (20%) = 8 pounds to lose during this challenge or 1.4 pounds per week.

2. Let's re-post our measurements from the final week of Sexy in Six Challenge and then we can measure again after this 6 week challenge is over.

3. Let's continue to post our meals and exercise daily.

4. Let's each share one yummy recipe a week to help build up everyones cook books!

5. We will weigh in each Tuesday (start of the new week) and Friday (to motivate for the weekend)!

6. Let's continue to motivate each other!!! WE CAN DO THIS GIRLS!!!!!

I will be back in the morning with my stats, goals, and weight!!!!
  • katyk08
    katyk08 Posts: 302
    Options
    Loving this! Cant wait :)
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    I'm down, ready to begin in the morning!
  • PedalHound
    PedalHound Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    Can't wait for day 1 of the new challenge :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • chipper15173
    chipper15173 Posts: 3,981 Member
    Options
    ok, here we go.

Begining weight
    i would like to shoot for second goal of getting below 200. i hope you guys don't mind if i stray just a little in my goal?

time for treadmill.
  • katyk08
    katyk08 Posts: 302
    Options
    Good morning ladies!!

Starting off with a weight of 183.2lbs.
    Goal is to lose 9.2lbs during this challenge...which is about 20% of my remaining goal.

So..

SW: 183.2 CW: 183.2 GW: 174

I will check in later with you ladies!!

Love the recipe idea, and the 2x/wk weigh ins!! Especially on Friday, before the weekend :)

:heart:

77669.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • DebLaf
    DebLaf Posts: 248
    Options
    Hi Ladies,

SW: 201.4 GW:197
    Week 1: 201.4

My goal is to lose 5 pounds for this challenge. I would love to get to 197 that would be a loss of 20 pounds for me and bring me to under 200. I hope you don't mind if I'm not going for the 15-20%. Setting my goal any higher for the holidays would probably be setting myself up for failure, since I usually gain quite a bit over the holiday season. I love the idea of sharing a weekly recipe, it would really be nice if we could figure the calories for the recipe and include that information too!

Good luck to all with this Thanksgiving week, I am thankful for all of you:flowerforyou:
  • kistinbee
    Options
    Morning ladies! Let's start this!!!!!! Okay, here's the stats and info for me:

Starting Measurements: (Measured around the thickest spots, waist at belly button)
    Height-5'6"
    Upper arm-12"
    Bust-38"
    Waist-35"
    Hips-41"
    Thigh-24.5"
    Total-150.5"

Weight:
    Week 1-159 pounds

Goal (after week 6)-155 pounds
    Total to lose: 4 pounds (about 17% of my total left to lose)

Goals for this first week (AND over Thansgiving):
    1. No peeking at the scale between weigh ins (Tues and Fri).
    2. Get in a good workout Thursday and Friday morning before my Thanksgiving dinners.
    3. PORTION CONTROL!!!!! And only a shot glass size of desserts!
    4. No gain this week!!!!

WE CAN DO IT GIRLS!!!!!!!!:drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • amylou24
    amylou24 Posts: 365
    Options
    Hello!!!

Yay new challenge!! Good to see those of you who have checked in! Thanks again for accepting us newbies in the last challenge, I'm so excited to be doing another one.

Here we go!!

As for inches:
    Height: 5'6"
    Upper Arm: 12
    Bust: 37
    Waist (belly button): 37.5
    Hips (widest part at bottom): 41
    Thigh (at top): 24.5

SW: 155.6 CW: 155.6 GW: 150

Goal Loss: 5.6 lbs. I think this is reasonable goal. I have 20.6 lbs. left to my ultimate goal, so this would be a little over 25% (i think) but it is doable.

Goals for the week:
    1. I'm with Kristin on most of hers!! No cheating on the scale and portion, portion, portion!
    2. No gain!
    3. Some sort of workout or at least a quick jog everyday!
    4. WATER!!!
    5. Remember how thankful I am for the great support system I have through my family and friends and my awesome MFP ladies!! Thanks everyone!!!

Can't wait to see everyone's posts for this new challenge!!
    :heart:
  • pdxmomof2
    Options
    Good morning!

Ok. I am here and ready to kick butt in this challenge.

SW: 194 CW: 194 GW: 182.2

59 pounds to goal x 20% = 11.8 pounds, 1.96 pounds per week.

I know that I could not do this last challenge but I am not going to give up and set a smaller goal. I am going to do this, holidays or not!

here are my measurements:

height : 5'7 1/2"
    Bust: 39 1/4"
    Upperarm: 11 1/2"
    Waist(at belly button):39 3/4"
    Hips: 42"
    Thighs: 23 1/2"

Total inches: 156 inches

my goals for this week :

1. With Thanksgiving it must be portion control!
    2.Water, Water and more water to balance out that soduim that will be consumed Thursday
    3. workout 5x this week
    4. no scale again until Friday

I like the goals that Kristin and AmyLou set so I am mirroring mine to theirs.

Good luck ladies!

Amy
  • kistinbee
    Options
    Okie Dokie...here's the meal plan for today.

Breakfast
    Quaker - Instant Oatmeal - Cinnamon Weight Control, 1 packet 160
    Ocean Spray - 100 Calorie Pack Craisens, 0.5 pack 50
    Bananas - Raw, 0.5 medium (7" to 7-7/8" long) 53
    Old Orchard - Healthy Balance Pomegranate Cranberry, 8 FL OZ 29
    One A Day - Womens Multi Vitamin, 1 tablet 0
    Total breakfast 292

AM snacks
    Coffee - ground, 2 cup 0
    Nestle Coffee Mate - Coffee Creamer (Sugar Free Vanilla Caramel), 2 tbsp 30
    Kashi Tlc - Soft Baked Ripe Strawberry Cereal Bar, 1 bar (35 mg) 110
    Total AM snacks 140

Lunch
    Coca-Cola Company - Coke Zero, 12 oz Can, 1 can 0
    Carrots - Baby, 14 pieces 35
    Ae Yo-Lite Yogurt - Yogurt, 6 oz 80
    Beefsteak Bread - Pumpernickel bread, 2 slices 120
    Athenos - Hummus - Original, 2 tbsp 50
    Kraft - Fat Free Singles - Swiss, 1 slice 30
    Total Lunch 315

Afternoon snacks
    Kashi Tlc - Chewy Granola Bars - Trail Mix, 1 bar 140
    Grapes - Raw, 1 cup 62
    Total afternoon snacks 202

Dinner
    Fish - Broiled Tilapia Parmesan, 1/4 pound 177
    Home made basic salad with spritzer dressing, 1 meal 83
    Wild rice - Cooked, 1 cup 166
    Total dinner 426

PM snacks
    Ocean Spray - 100 Calorie Pack Craisens, 0.5 pack 50
    Snacks - Popcorn, air-popped, white popcorn, 3 cup 92
    Total PM snacks 142

Total: 1,517
    Your Daily Goal: 1,200
    Remaining: -317

My exercise plan is 45 minute Step class at the gym and 15 minute Ab workout, so those calories are not yet factored in so I should be good! AND...my workout is before dinner and PM snack so can always adjust if I don't burn that much! I'm thinking this is a good start to this new challenge!!!

And here is a recipe I'll share...it's actually already on the site, but I LOVE it! And you can just type in Broiled Tilapia into the database and it will bring up the nutrition info.

Broiled Tilapia Parmesan

1/4 c parmesan cheese
    2 tbsp butter, softened
    1 tbsp and 1.5 tsp mayonnaise (I use reduced fat)
    1 tbsp lemon juice
    1/8 tsp dried basil
    1/8 tsp ground black pepper
    1/8 tsp onion powder
    1/8 tsp celery salt
    1 lb tilapia fillets

1. Preheat broiler; grease broiler pan

2. In a small bowl, mix all ingredients except the fish. Set aside

3. Broil the fish a few inches from the heat for 2-3 min. Flip the fillets and broil for 2-3 min. Remove the fillets from the oven and spread the parmesan mixture on top of the fillets. Broil for a couple more minutes until the topping is lightly browned and the fish flakes easily.

Makes 4 servings
    Per serving:
    177 cals
    1.8 g carbs
    10.2 g fat
    18.4 g protein

Have a FANTABULOUS day my girls!!!!
  • drtamm
    drtamm Posts: 427
    Options
    Good morning ladies!! And I must say I am so excited to do another challenge w you!!

My current weight: 224
    long term goal weight: 175, 49 lbs to go
    Challenge goals: 15%= 7 lbs 20%= 10lbs, I'm aiming for 10 but will be elated w/ 8 lbs!
    Goal weight: 214

Measurements
    5'4" tall
    Arm- at tippy top- 15
    Bust 47.5
    Waist 44
    Hips 47.5
    Thighs- 44.5 at highest point
    Single Thigh at tippy top- 29.5

total ( not including single thigh)= 198.5
  • domjar
    domjar Posts: 19
    Options
    Hello all
  • domjar
    domjar Posts: 19
    Options
    Hello all

I am very inspired by you all... can a girlfrom Canada join the club.... wanting to be down 10 pounds by Dec 12/2008.... I need to keep motivated!!!!

Sw 197.00 goal weight 155 or better....
    Trying to lose 2 pounds per week...

I will do measurements tonight and post...

going to the gym at lunch follwed by a power smoothie
  • pettmybunny
    pettmybunny Posts: 1,986 Member
    Options
    Woooo here we go! It's so exciting to start a new challenge, fresh slate for everyone!

Current weight 194, ultimate goal 135, 59 lbs left to go.
    I'm going to stick with 15%, which is 8.85 lbs, but rounded up to 9.

U.Arm 14.2 (L) 13.6
    Bust 41
    Waist 39.75
    Hips 45.5
    Thigh 28.75 (L) 28.75 (R)
    Total inches= 211.55

Today, I started C25k... yup, on the bandwagon. I'm a slow runner though, so I think I'm going to do each week twice, working on increasing speed... Like today, I ran at 4.5 mph... next week, I hope to still do week 1, but at 4.8 mph. We'll see how it goes.

I don't even have a meal plan today... Will post my meals later.
  • cassangelidy
    Options
    Good Morning Sexy Ladies!!! Ok, sooooooooo some of you know what has been happening in my life, some do not. For those of you that do...you will understand why I'm up in weight...GRRRRRRRRR :grumble:

So Today my starting weight is 189.8lbs....:noway: 20% of my remaining weight is 10 lbs. That is my official goal for this challenge.

SW: 189.8
    CW: 189.8
    GW: 179.8

My personal goal is to be 175lbs by New Year.....so how am I going to accompish this you might as? Gain control on my life!!! Cause sisters...it has been out of control and i have just been along for the ride!!

Here are my goals for THIS week!!

1. At LEAST 100 oz of water a day!
    2. 1300 GOOD calories a day!
    3. At LEAST 20 mins of exercise a day!
    4. Wash my face morning AND night...(I'm terrible at washing my face at night!)
    5. Stretch for 10 mins before I go to bed.

I'm really really hoping that my gain for this week is just water weight because I've been eating a lot of processed food and I'm HOPING that I can lose a few pounds by next Tuesday to get back on track! Thanksgiving is going to be a semi day off....I'm going to enjoy myself, but I"m going to have a HUGE portion of green salad, and then fill up on turkey and fruit....I'm going to try to stay away from all the treats and only let myself have a small piece of pumpkin pie. Also, I plan on working out in the morning and then I'm hoping I can convince my mom to go on a long walk before we eat! :)

I need to get things under control in my life...and my body is a great place to start. When I don't feel good about the way I look, I find it really effects my mood.

So here is to being Fine by 2009!!! hahahaha

PS. I love the idea of weighing in before the weekend!! Bravo!
  • amylou24
    amylou24 Posts: 365
    Options
    Welcome domjar! This is a great group of women in this challenge that I found and joined during the last 6 weeks. They are amazing people and will be an inspiration to you everyday I guarantee it!!

Cass - I LOVE your attitude!! so proud of you and I KNOW you will be Fine by 2009!!! :bigsmile:

Just wanted to post what little of a meal plan I have for the day. I am having dinner tonight with my Dad and his girlfriend and her son (always a good time....just kidding....:frown: :sick: :ohwell: So I don't really know what's for supper there yet but my guess is nothing healthy as she probably has no idea that I'm trying to eat better. So this is where that goal of portion, portion portion will come in!! Hopefully I will get the Shred DVD in yet today and make up for any mondo calorie dishes she may serve.

So far:

B: multi grain cheerios, skim milk
    S: fiber one oats and chocolate (i still can't believe how much sugar is in these!)
    L: Beef Salad sandwich on whole wheat bread, some sort of fruit or veggie
    S: jello sugar free fat free orange snack cup
    D: yet to be determined.....:grumble:

Have a lovely day!!!
  • alliestar79
    alliestar79 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies!
    I am so excited about this challenge!!

SW/CW-178.4
    GW for challenge - 171
    Ultimate goal - 145

Goal for the next six weeks - 1.5 lbs per week which would be ~ 7lbs or 20% - Thanks for this suggestion Kistinbee :)

I haven't measured myself yet i will be sure to post those numbers later this evening.

My other goals:
    Stay within the food groups everyday! (5-6 veggie/fruit servings/ 3 servings protein/ 2 servings whole grain)
    Give up coffee creamer....sigh, tear rolling down cheek.
    Drink lots of water
    Cardio 5 times a week and Strength Training 2-3 times a week
    Work on C25K
    Get outside no matter how cold for at least one workout a week
    Take a deep and remember, this is the one thing i can do for myself right now that will last a lifetime.

For those ladies working on the c25k -- I love it! Keep at it and you will be suprised at how amazing running is! One thing that helped me is if you have itunes, there are 2 podcasts that are free to download that are designed by week for the program. They even measure the BPM for your heart and the music matches! I am posting the link to my favorite one, a guy narrates this one to let you know when to change up your intervals and just when you think you can't make it one more step, He lets you know you can.
    http://www.ullreys.com/robert/Podcasts/
    Anyway - Good luck to everyone!
  • kistinbee
    Options
    Cass!!!!!!!!!!!! SO excited to see you here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WE CAN DO THIS GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:flowerforyou:

Domjar...tell us about you! What is your name? Your long term goals? Struggles? The rest of us know each other pretty well already and are excited to have a few new faces this challenge!

Allie...sounds like some good goals girl! You can do it!!!

Everyone else....HI!

I'm just getting ready to eat my lunch...YUM! Then back to some work work work!!! I'll check back later...just SUPER excited for this challenge!
  • kistinbee
    Options
    Here's who we have so far:

Kristin ~ SW 159 GW 155
    Cathy ~ SW 210 GW 199
    Katy ~ SW 183.2 GW 174
    Deb ~ SW 201.4 GW 197
    AmyLou ~ SW 155.6 GW 150
    Amy SW ~ 194 GW 182.2
    Tammara ~ SW 224 GW 214
    Domjar ~ SW 197 GW 185 (I did 2 lbs/wk for 6 weeks...you can change if you want)
    Robin ~ SW 194 GW 185
    Cass ~ SW 189.8 GW 179.8
    Allie ~ SW 178.4 GW 171

Everyone else...please copy and add yourselves...we can use this to keep track like we did in the last one!