Carb-Loaded Documentary Film

Options
Alisha_countrymama
Alisha_countrymama Posts: 821 Member
edited October 2014 in Food and Nutrition
Has anyone seen seen this? They are having free showing on fmtv on Friday-Sunday. My husband and I plan on watching it. We have already seen Food Matters, Hungry for Change, Fed Up, Food Inc. and a whole list of other food and health documentaries. Nice to see accurate information being distributed instead of this "eat less exercise more, makes you healthy" garbage.

Replies

• fivethreeone
    fivethreeone Posts: 8,196 Member
    Options

I'm devastated to learn that eating less and exercising more hasn't improved my health.
  • The_Enginerd
    The_Enginerd Posts: 3,982 Member
    Options
    Eating less and moving more is pretty well supported in studies to improving your health. In peer reviewed studies at that, not documentaries with an agenda and a goal of... selling you a documentary.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Has anyone seen seen this? They are having free showing on fmtv on Friday-Sunday. My husband and I plan on watching it. We have already seen Food Matters, Hungry for Change, Fed Up, Food Inc. and a whole list of other food and health documentaries. Nice to see accurate information being distributed instead of this "eat less exercise more, makes you healthy" garbage.

Yes, biased documentaries meant to scare the unknowledgeable sounds like a genius place to get information from.
  • FredDoyle
    FredDoyle Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options

What the...I don`t even... :\
  • mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    Options
    Well as long as you have an open mind..... B)
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

Because everything on TV is totally accurate and unbiased. Mmhmm.
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options

oh?
  • Elsie_Brownraisin
    Elsie_Brownraisin Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    FredDoyle wrote: »

I think Clarkson's facial gesture will suffice
  • BombshellPhoenix
    BombshellPhoenix Posts: 1,693 Member
    Options
    I'm waiting for the "but what about your insides!" And "the government wants us to be fat!" Arguement but...

What boogeyman will get me from eating less and exercising more?
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    How do you know the information is accurate if you haven't even seen the documentary and researched their claims?
  • Hornsby
    Options
    FredDoyle wrote: »

I think Clarkson's facial gesture will suffice

I think this smilie works better for this thread...
    nutkick.gif
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Options
    LOL...I'm assuming this is a "carbs are the devil" documentary...

OP...carbs aren't the devil...you can eat carbs and still be healthy...carbs are just one of three macro-nutrients. Also, eating less and exercising more is pretty well supported in the scientific community to improve your health..but whateves....
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    kgeyser wrote: »
    How do you know the information is accurate if you haven't even seen the documentary and researched their claims?

It's the internet TV. They can't put anything that isn't true on the internet TV.

• helenarriaza
    helenarriaza Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Oh darling, I saw your post and I thought it may be a newbies first post, but no...

I can't
  • silver_arrow3
    silver_arrow3 Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    Wait.

You actually believe that eating less and exercising more won't make you healthier?

That's what I just read, right? She called the facts and science garbage? And the fear-mongering documentary has now become her source of knowledge?

Oh, forums. I had hope for you, I really did.
  • mnricha927
    mnricha927 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    xzm0i4acchzv.png

• eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    Options
    Is it about the Blue Zones. The populations that are the healthiest and have the most centenarians. They eat tons and tons of carbs.
  • BombshellPhoenix
    BombshellPhoenix Posts: 1,693 Member
    Options
    PikaKnight wrote: »

It's the internet TV. They can't put anything that isn't true on the internet TV.

Did you see on the Discovery channel that mermaids exist?
  • Hornsby
    Options
    PikaKnight wrote: »

Did you see on the Discovery channel that mermaids exist?
    Don't forget Megladon! He lives!