What's your favorite "healthy" cereal? Just curious.

Options

Replies

• AmZam05
    AmZam05 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I like original Special K with light vanilla almond milk. It's not overpoweringly sweet which is good. Also multigrain Cheerios!
  • knitapeace
    knitapeace Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    Cracklin Oat Bran

Looks like cat food, tastes like heaven.
  • ahamm002
    ahamm002 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    Frosted mini-wheats. I don't view cereal as health food, so if you're going to eat cereal you might as well have a type that has a little bit of sugar in it. But frosted miniwheats also has plenty of fiber and some protein too, so it's not complete junk food.
  • HopeKasrai
    HopeKasrai Posts: 31 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Knitapeace..... I used to pretend to be a dog 90% of my childhood. I would beg for Cracklin Oat Bran and then eat it off the floor. Embarrassing, but really speaks to its deliciousness! :)

• KameHameHaaaa
    KameHameHaaaa Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    I forgot to mention frosted mini wheat and fruity cheerios! I love all the different cheerio flavors.
  • vamaena
    vamaena Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Edge with protein. Maple flavour nut cluster. Or Lucky Charms. They're both tied really. Luckily I only eat cereal every once in a while, and I keep it to 1 cup at most.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    I don't know how healthy they are, but Cheerios and Raisin Bran.

I loved the sugar cereals, too. They were so good!!
  • numinousnymph
    numinousnymph Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I like the Special K brand, whether it's just the protein plus or the more indulgent one with chocolate.. haha. Also like Grape Nuts, as old-personish as that sounds. I think Weetabix is good too.
  • itsbasschick
    itsbasschick Posts: 1,584 Member
    Options
    half a bowl of erewhon crispy brown rice no salt cereal mixed with half a bowl of erewhon corn flakes. the cereals have no sugar, either added or naturally occurring, are very low sodium, and are super tasty and crunchy. top with a little xylitol after the milk's poured on, and voila! my favorite bowl of cereal.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options
    fruity pebbles, reeses puffs, cinnamon life, maple brown sugar frosted mini wheats, golden grahams, trader joes vanilla almond granola.
  • shai74
    shai74 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    lol ... healthy cereal
    lol ... "dieting"
  • marie3221
    marie3221 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    special k high protein, has a hint of cinnamon and had 10 grams of protein, not including the milk, and 110 cals.
  • ljashley1952
    ljashley1952 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Plain Cheerios for cold cereal and steel-cut oats for hot cereal.
  • mbailey423
    mbailey423 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Really been liking Total with raisins. Also Shredded Wheat w/blueberries
  • MamaRiss
    MamaRiss Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    Cracklin Oat Bran

Havn't had it in ages, now I'm going to be on the lookout for some

• Corinne_Howland
    Corinne_Howland Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal made with coconut almond milk. Top it off with some flax seed and frozen raspberries. So good. I have it every day.
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options
    I'm boring. I don't like sweet stuff, so I eat plain ol' Cheerios. Honestly, I typically eat cereal for an evening snack, rather than a breakfast. It's something simple and quick when I have night munchies.
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options
    Cereal is good for you.... great carb source.

Reese's Puffs (good with coffee yogurt)
    Craklin Oat Bran (amazing)

OMG! They still make the Cracklin Oat Bran?! Oh, that reminds me of fond childhood memories with grandma. Yeah, I was the weird child who loved the "grown up people" cereals.
  • MamaRiss
    MamaRiss Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    Apparently Cracklin Oat Bran has a following on MFP
  • F00LofaT00K
    F00LofaT00K Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    Count Chocula

ABSOLUTELY THIS!!!!

BUT: I just started eating Special K Protein cereal because there's 10g of protein in a 3/4cup serving. I like to use Silk Chocolate Soy Milk with it (or whole milk, but I really like chocolate soy milk!) I'm going to start a new job on Wednesday and it's a desk job instead of a physical job. I'm trying to find lower-cal options that are protein rich. This cereal is both of those things AND it's tasty. . . I can't emphasize enough how tasty it is with the chocolate soy milk.