5'4" Ladies with Before and After Pics

Options
Would love to see your successes to help me with my journey :)

Any advice would be appreciated, too!

Replies

• Canwehugnow
    Canwehugnow Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    bump
  • sopranomama
    sopranomama Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5", but maybe that's close enough? You can see my progress pics in my profile photo... Down 56 lbs and went from a VERY tight 16 to a size 8 dress.

As for advice, you have to find the things that work for you. Here's what worked for me:

1. Log in to MFP EVERY DAY. Make yourself accountable.

2. I make a lot of home-cooked meals in batches, pre-portion them, and then enter the recipes into MFP. That way, I know exactly how many calories I'm getting in each serving, and it makes the logging process SO much easier. It also realllllly cuts down on eating out!

3. Find some kind of exercise that you like, and stick with it. Use a heart rate monitor to log your calories burned - the numbers MFP gives you are usually waaay overestimated.

4. This one isn't for everybody, but I choose to eat in a lower-carb, paleo-esque way. I found that I am able to stay fuller and more satisfied for longer periods of time, and it really helped with the carb cravings. Find what works for you, what you think you can sustain over the long haul, and commit to it! Also, WATER. Lots of it.

5. Again, this might not be for everybody, but it really really helped me. I weigh daily. I found that, for me, it actually took the pressure off of the weekly weigh-in, because it gave me a lot more data points to examine. So on those days when my weight would spike up - big meal the night before, water retention, whatever it was - I didn't panic, because I could see the overall trend line going downward, with all the little spikes in there that turned out to be nothing.

6. Patience is key. I planned to try to lose a pound a week over the course of the entire year, starting in January. Sometimes in the beginning it felt like the process was taking FOREVER, but I knew I would be more successful with a less-drastic approach that would be easier to sustain. Make a weight-loss-rate goal you can live with, instead of setting yourself up for failure. The time is going to pass anyway, so you might as well be making steps toward your goal while it's passing!

Good luck! You can do this!!!
  • MyJourneyOnMFP
    Options
    Thanks for all the great advice!
  • MyJourneyOnMFP
    Options
    bump
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    I'm not at my end goal yet - but here I am about 53 pounds down (I'm at 56 now).

SW: 232.3
    4x0e4l8jd49g.jpg

Weight in this photo: 179.8
    9yuvrung73d3.jpg
  • MyJourneyOnMFP
    Options
    Virgo, you look fantastic and MissKitty, you have the perfect hourglass shape. Great job ladies.
  • SuperTiredMom
    SuperTiredMom Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    1d5uvz2pid6c.jpg
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    How about before and during:

cgr31s54j40z.jpg

Last year:
    the79c30hhd0.jpgsyx9yoc1p9x1.jpg

This year:
    pnkv2utm3i7s.jpg
    I won't be taking a new progress picture until 12/8. I took the September picture at the beginning of a 90 day workout program and I am waiting until the end to take a new one.

• allison1derland95
    Options
    I'm not at my end goal yet - but here I am about 53 pounds down (I'm at 56 now).

4x0e4l8jd49g.jpg

9yuvrung73d3.jpg

You look excellent! :) Congrats!
  • TheVirgoddess
    Options

4x0e4l8jd49g.jpg

9yuvrung73d3.jpg

You look excellent! :) Congrats!

Thank you so much! <3
  • SexyLovinmeCook
    SexyLovinmeCook Posts: 1,393 Member
    Options
    Love this feed...I am 5'4 now pregnant but you guys have inspired me...Everyone looks great!
  • MyJourneyOnMFP
    Options
    Super tired and Shadow. Y'all look great. Shadow your body closely resembles mine and not too far away from my starting weight. Def an inspiration to see what I could look like at 170!
  • GoneGirl50
    GoneGirl50 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    6. Patience is key. I planned to try to lose a pound a week over the course of the entire year, starting in January. Sometimes in the beginning it felt like the process was taking FOREVER, but I knew I would be more successful with a less-drastic approach that would be easier to sustain. Make a weight-loss-rate goal you can live with, instead of setting yourself up for failure. The time is going to pass anyway, so you might as well be making steps toward your goal while it's passing!

Soprano Mama, I didn't find MFP right away, so I'm actually down about 10lbs since I started. I'm 5'4, and was a TIGHT size 16 too. I also weigh myself more than once a week, and get the same assurance by looking at 30 day trends. I'm also planning a slow, one-year journey. I think about the time in terms of months though. "Okay, I say to myself, one month down, and only 11 more to go", and "In another X weeks, you will be another Xlbs down".

Your post is inspiring. Thanks for sharing
  • GoneGirl50
    Options
    Virgoddess, what an amazing transformation!!
  • GoneGirl50
    Options
    BTW, my profile pic is my before pic. Not ready to post a progress pic yet. My sister took this picture on our way to the beach. I look like a crazy bag lady, but I thought it would encourage a change!! Hahaha
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Before and During. Strength train!
    e5z7cncixpk8.jpg
    k3ojuklf4wv7.jpg
  • skinnyD2308
    skinnyD2308 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5", but maybe that's close enough? You can see my progress pics in my profile photo... Down 56 lbs and went from a VERY tight 16 to a size 8 dress.

As for advice, you have to find the things that work for you. Here's what worked for me:

1. Log in to MFP EVERY DAY. Make yourself accountable.

2. I make a lot of home-cooked meals in batches, pre-portion them, and then enter the recipes into MFP. That way, I know exactly how many calories I'm getting in each serving, and it makes the logging process SO much easier. It also realllllly cuts down on eating out!

3. Find some kind of exercise that you like, and stick with it. Use a heart rate monitor to log your calories burned - the numbers MFP gives you are usually waaay overestimated.

4. This one isn't for everybody, but I choose to eat in a lower-carb, paleo-esque way. I found that I am able to stay fuller and more satisfied for longer periods of time, and it really helped with the carb cravings. Find what works for you, what you think you can sustain over the long haul, and commit to it! Also, WATER. Lots of it.

5. Again, this might not be for everybody, but it really really helped me. I weigh daily. I found that, for me, it actually took the pressure off of the weekly weigh-in, because it gave me a lot more data points to examine. So on those days when my weight would spike up - big meal the night before, water retention, whatever it was - I didn't panic, because I could see the overall trend line going downward, with all the little spikes in there that turned out to be nothing.

Good luck! You can do this!!!

I love this advice! Especially, 1 and 6. I can't weigh everyday, I get too hung up on it, I weigh in 2-3 times per month.
  • sugargirl223
    Options
    you look great arditarose!
  • TheVirgoddess
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    Before and During. Strength train!
    e5z7cncixpk8.jpg
    k3ojuklf4wv7.jpg

You're adorable.
  • skinnyD2308
    skinnyD2308 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I have lost 24 pounds. Before, 211, May 2014ew3jo87f5oup.jpg

Today, 187h5ontxxig90u.jpg

Would like to lose another 30 pounds by May 2015. Will reassess goals at that time.

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!