• Local_Atlantis
    Local_Atlantis Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Holy crap! @bradders33
    You look fantastic!! :smile:
  • bradders33
    bradders33 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    @lisajo89 Thank you! I still want to lose another half a stone. :)
  • bbg_daryl
    bbg_daryl Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I'm only 5'2" but I'd say close enough yes?

Here I am at 215 lbs
    osqub0aa7hpi.jpg

And here I am at 175 lbs
    e438k5sy37fe.jpg

I'm not done yet. Still working!
  • independant2406
    independant2406 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Great Job Devlinv1 and Bradders33! You inspire me!
  • bbg_daryl
    bbg_daryl Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Great Job Devlinv1 and Bradders33! You inspire me!

Thanks! :)
  • MMulder68
    MMulder68 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I agree with akilahleemarie. Enough is enough. She has explained herself and she seems to be under the care of a doctor so leave her alone.
  • dmgeurts
    dmgeurts Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Here's mine... Approx 60lbs difference here, and down 8 sizes - started at size 18-20W and currently in size 10 jrs... Eating whole foods and heavy lifting - following an 85% Primal lifestyle... I still have progress to be made, but getting there slowly. And enjoying life in the process.

My goal is to be healthy, fit and muscular when I get to my goal size - weight, when I get there, does not matter to me. After all, I can be a size 6 and weigh 150 lbs or 120 lbs, depending on how much muscle I am carrying. :)

june2013toOct2014copy.jpg
  • KaroshiQueen
    KaroshiQueen Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    bradders33 wrote: »
    4gjh8b1nb5ms.jpg

My Before and After. 2st 7lbs in 6 months, size 18 to size 12, on the 5:2, using MyFitnessPal to keep track. :smiley:

Good luck ladies and gents.

OK I want to look like this when I grow up. :D
  • Tacita88
    Tacita88 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    Basilin wrote: »
    Before and During. Strength train!
    e5z7cncixpk8.jpg
    k3ojuklf4wv7.jpg

You're adorable.

Why didn't I look like that @ 141 lbs?! *pouts* :p

That's what I thought! She's gorgeous in both pictures.

Aw thanks guys! You look great too! Most of my fat is in my legs and butt. I have cellulite. I lifted heavy throughout my entire weight loss (since June) and it I think I feel more confident at this weight than I would if I had not been lifting.

Lifting is the way forward :smiley:

• Aviva92
    Aviva92 Posts: 2,333 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    *regarding ithrowconfetti* after reading some of the negative things people are saying...how would you feel if it was the other way around?? I see plenty of women who are 5'4" and have a goal weight of 145+ pounds (AND THEY DO NOT LIFT WEIGHTS)...since there are many people that seem to use a bmi as a reference for this woman....GUESS WHAT?! 146 pounds is OVERWEIGHT (according to bmi calculators). Imagine if a woman on here posted her goal weight of 145+ .....I doubt anyone would say "Yeah you need to lower that goal because you will be overweight if you stop there" why do people think that thinner people do not take offense to this kind of stuff????? I had a friend in high school who had the same body as ithrowconfetti (currently) and she was HARASSED big time!! "eat a cheeseburger" "you look like a 12 year old boy" "you look anorexic" my poor friend had a crazy metabolism and could not easily gain weight, this girl ate. She literally would go home and cry and say how much she hated her body. Just something to think about!

For women with a goal weight over 145 that doesn't include lifting, i do wonder why its so high, but assume they will reevaluate once they get there anyway, so the initial goal is irrelevant.

Also, having a crazy metabolism is different from ithrowconfetti where it is not natural. As long as she knows she needs to gain at least 15 pounds, not much more anyone on here can say, but her initially showing a weight loss to 86 pounds is not inspiring, its scary.
  • ithrowconfetti
    ithrowconfetti Posts: 451 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    To everyone who's posted pictures of your success so far, you all look fabulous. Well done! I wasn't aware that my picture contributions would be deemed as scary. I don't feel good or proud of the way I look anymore, based on most comments. As they're apparently not inspiring, can anyone tell me how to take down pictures/if it's possible? I don't want to offend anyone anymore, and the focus of this thread should be based on celebrating the successes of those who inspire, not disgust, or scare, like I do. I don't want what I've posted to take any attention away from that. Any suggestions on how to delete my initial post would be much appreciated, thanks.
  • sahalley
    sahalley Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I mean this very kindly, and I don't want you to take this harshly.
    But if you are 5'3, then 80 something pounds is severely underweight.
    I immediately thought you look like someone who is starving, then when I saw what you weigh I was concerned. But what really worries me is that it says "CW- current weight"..not "GW- goal weight".... which indicates that you wish to lose more. I'm scared for you. Your weight loss is up to you, I debated a long time over whether I should speak up and I wouldn't have said anything except that I'm worried you want to lose even more than that. Wishing you luck and health on your journey.

I very much agree.

Me too
  • billymacintosh
    billymacintosh Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Before and During. Strength train!
    e5z7cncixpk8.jpg
    k3ojuklf4wv7.jpg

You look incredible and I can't stop looking at your shoulders - great job!!
  • hayleyjane127
    hayleyjane127 Posts: 8
    edited October 2014
    Options
    *regarding ithrowconfetti* after reading some of the negative things people are saying...how would you feel if it was the other way around?? I see plenty of women who are 5'4" and have a goal weight of 145+ pounds (AND THEY DO NOT LIFT WEIGHTS)...since there are many people that seem to use a bmi as a reference for this woman....GUESS WHAT?! 146 pounds is OVERWEIGHT (according to bmi calculators). Imagine if a woman on here posted her goal weight of 145+ .....I doubt anyone would say "Yeah you need to lower that goal because you will be overweight if you stop there" why do people think that thinner people do not take offense to this kind of stuff????? I had a friend in high school who had the same body as ithrowconfetti (currently) and she was HARASSED big time!! "eat a cheeseburger" "you look like a 12 year old boy" "you look anorexic" my poor friend had a crazy metabolism and could not easily gain weight, this girl ate. She literally would go home and cry and say how much she hated her body. Just something to think about!

um.....probably because if you weigh 145lbs you are in a healthy weight range and not at risk of DEATH due to your weight nor do you classify for the weight symptom of anorexia nervosa which, according to the DSM, is <85% of your ideal body weight

re: * Refusal to maintain body weight at or above a minimally normal weight for age and
    height, for example, weight loss leading to maintenance of body weight less than 85%
    of that expected or failure to make expected weight gain during period of growth,
    leading to body weight less than 85% of that expected.
    Source: DSM IV

To be honest, I'm not going to comment on what other people do with their own diets/bodies/whatever because I don't really care and it doesn't affect me, but I understand why people would speak out against such an unhealthy and dangerous mindset. With that said, I will speak out against you trying to defend this unhealthy mindset with such a backwards argument.
  • ithrowconfetti
    ithrowconfetti Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    I would just like to stress once again that it was never my intention to offend anyone, and I am not promoting an unhealthy lifestyle of any sort. I apologise once again for getting everyone up in arms about this. I have written to the staff to assist me in getting my posts down.
  • hayleyjane127
    Options
    It seems to me people are more concerned for your health than offended
  • Aviva92
    Aviva92 Posts: 2,333 Member
    Options
    It seems to me people are more concerned for your health than offended

Yeah, I am not offended. When I said scary, I meant for her health, not for anyone else.
  • farberry
    farberry Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I would just like to stress once again that it was never my intention to offend anyone, and I am not promoting an unhealthy lifestyle of any sort. I apologise once again for getting everyone up in arms about this. I have written to the staff to assist me in getting my posts down.

ithrowconfetti don't worry! People weren't annoyed at you or offended, they were just concerned for your wellbeing! You've explained your story really well, and hopefully those who were concerned can relax knowing that you are on the right track to a healthier lifestyle/eating pattern. I had braces too for a while and I know they suck.

Best of luck with your journey. People here are just trying to help I promise, so if you do need help at any stage don't let this experience put you off reaching out to the community in the future x
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    Confetti has already explained herself (more than I would), so maybe everyone should crawl out of her butt. We've all made our points, and there's no sense beating a dead horse.

And my end goal isn't even defined yet. It may be 150, it may be 160, it may be 140 - I don't give two rips what anyone thinks of it. But if someone felt compelled to comment on it, I'd answer their question/concern and move on with my life.

Confetti, I wish you luck on getting your intake back up where it should be.
  • mangogirl272727
    mangogirl272727 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Basilin wrote: »

I mean this very kindly, and I don't want you to take this harshly.
    But if you are 5'3, then 80 something pounds is severely underweight.
    I immediately thought you look like someone who is starving, then when I saw what you weigh I was concerned. But what really worries me is that it says "CW- current weight"..not "GW- goal weight".... which indicates that you wish to lose more. I'm scared for you. Your weight loss is up to you, I debated a long time over whether I should speak up and I wouldn't have said anything except that I'm worried you want to lose even more than that. Wishing you luck and health on your journey.

Everyone is built differently. She looks unusually skinny because the shirt she is wearing is baggy, and I don't know how you could tell from that pic that she is underweight. She doesn't look "gaunt" or anything to me. I'm going to trust she knows what's best for her, and those close to her that know her would speak up if there was a problem.

Great job, by the way, reaching your goals, ithrowconfetti!

It's not a subjective matter of whether someone "looks" gaunt to you or not. The bmi chart was developed by medical professionals. Almost no one is healthy when they are underweight by bmi, and she is EXTREMELY underweight by bmi.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!