5'4" Ladies with Before and After Pics

Replies

• TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    dmgeurts wrote: »
    Here's mine... Approx 60lbs difference here, and down 8 sizes - started at size 18-20W and currently in size 10 jrs... Eating whole foods and heavy lifting - following an 85% Primal lifestyle... I still have progress to be made, but getting there slowly. And enjoying life in the process.

My goal is to be healthy, fit and muscular when I get to my goal size - weight, when I get there, does not matter to me. After all, I can be a size 6 and weigh 150 lbs or 120 lbs, depending on how much muscle I am carrying. :)

june2013toOct2014copy.jpg

You look fantastic!
  • mangogirl272727
    mangogirl272727 Posts: 95 Member
    Basilin wrote: »
    arditarose wrote: »
    Before and During. Strength train!
    e5z7cncixpk8.jpg
    k3ojuklf4wv7.jpg

You're adorable.

Why didn't I look like that @ 141 lbs?! *pouts* :p

That's what I thought! She's gorgeous in both pictures.

I know right! She looked gorgeous at either weight tbh. I wish that was true of me too!
  • mangogirl272727
    mangogirl272727 Posts: 95 Member
    *regarding ithrowconfetti* after reading some of the negative things people are saying...how would you feel if it was the other way around?? I see plenty of women who are 5'4" and have a goal weight of 145+ pounds (AND THEY DO NOT LIFT WEIGHTS)...since there are many people that seem to use a bmi as a reference for this woman....GUESS WHAT?! 146 pounds is OVERWEIGHT (according to bmi calculators). Imagine if a woman on here posted her goal weight of 145+ .....I doubt anyone would say "Yeah you need to lower that goal because you will be overweight if you stop there" why do people think that thinner people do not take offense to this kind of stuff????? I had a friend in high school who had the same body as ithrowconfetti (currently) and she was HARASSED big time!! "eat a cheeseburger" "you look like a 12 year old boy" "you look anorexic" my poor friend had a crazy metabolism and could not easily gain weight, this girl ate. She literally would go home and cry and say how much she hated her body. Just something to think about!

Well the simple reason is being slightly overweight is healthier than being underweight. Being underweight carries the same risk of death as obesity.

hoz18udhsa9w.png

• Aviva92
    Aviva92 Posts: 2,333 Member
    edited October 2014
    Basilin wrote: »

I mean this very kindly, and I don't want you to take this harshly.
    But if you are 5'3, then 80 something pounds is severely underweight.
    I immediately thought you look like someone who is starving, then when I saw what you weigh I was concerned. But what really worries me is that it says "CW- current weight"..not "GW- goal weight".... which indicates that you wish to lose more. I'm scared for you. Your weight loss is up to you, I debated a long time over whether I should speak up and I wouldn't have said anything except that I'm worried you want to lose even more than that. Wishing you luck and health on your journey.

Everyone is built differently. She looks unusually skinny because the shirt she is wearing is baggy, and I don't know how you could tell from that pic that she is underweight. She doesn't look "gaunt" or anything to me. I'm going to trust she knows what's best for her, and those close to her that know her would speak up if there was a problem.

Great job, by the way, reaching your goals, ithrowconfetti!

It's not a subjective matter of whether someone "looks" gaunt to you or not. The bmi chart was developed by medical professionals. Almost no one is healthy when they are underweight by bmi, and she is EXTREMELY underweight by bmi.

I'm fine being slightly underweight by bmi. Bmi is not entirely accurate at either the high nor the low end.
  • Aviva92
    *regarding ithrowconfetti* after reading some of the negative things people are saying...how would you feel if it was the other way around?? I see plenty of women who are 5'4" and have a goal weight of 145+ pounds (AND THEY DO NOT LIFT WEIGHTS)...since there are many people that seem to use a bmi as a reference for this woman....GUESS WHAT?! 146 pounds is OVERWEIGHT (according to bmi calculators). Imagine if a woman on here posted her goal weight of 145+ .....I doubt anyone would say "Yeah you need to lower that goal because you will be overweight if you stop there" why do people think that thinner people do not take offense to this kind of stuff????? I had a friend in high school who had the same body as ithrowconfetti (currently) and she was HARASSED big time!! "eat a cheeseburger" "you look like a 12 year old boy" "you look anorexic" my poor friend had a crazy metabolism and could not easily gain weight, this girl ate. She literally would go home and cry and say how much she hated her body. Just something to think about!

Well the simple reason is being slightly overweight is healthier than being underweight. Being underweight carries the same risk of death as obesity.

hoz18udhsa9w.png

US white men? So, basically that is kind of irrelevant to a white woman who is slightly underweight based on BMI.
  • NextPage
    NextPage Posts: 609 Member
    edited October 2014
    When you look at healthy weight charts the range is meant to take into account the amount of muscle mass, age, frame etc. The healthy range charts are there for a guide and where you fit within the range is based on an honest assessment of your particularly body and fitness level. A person could also weigh 130 and want to weigh 120 for aesthetic reasons (both would be healthy) It doesn't mean that if you are 5ft 3 and 148 you are overweight or that if you are 110 you are underweight. However, 86 lbs is a full 24 lbs less then the recommended low end for someone with a small frame. There isn't a medical authority that would ever suggest this is o.k. I think that going from 147 to 110, given that the poster does have a tiny frame would have been a healthy goal and probably a good one for her to set now for improving her health. I hope the poster realizes that this isn't a personal attack. People weren't reacting to her as a person but rather the idea that being this small is a "success" and it was posted in a response to a request for "success" pics. We didn't want other young women seeing this and thinking they should measure their "success" this way. What we all need is support in getting to the healthy desired weight for us (whether losing or gaining) - ithrowconfetti and all posters, best of luck in your journeys.
  • janet6567
    janet6567 Posts: 129 Member
    I immediately thought you look like someone who is starving, then when I saw what you weigh I was concerned. But what really worries me is that it says "CW- current weight"..not "GW- goal weight".... which indicates that you wish to lose more. I'm scared for you. Your weight loss is up to you, I debated a long time over whether I should speak up and I wouldn't have said anything except that I'm worried you want to lose even more than that. Wishing you luck and health on your journey.

I very much agree.

I have to agree. If you weigh 80 pounds, you are grossly UNDERWEIGHT and this is terribly unhealthy for you. Please, please, please see a doctor and get some help. You will kill yourself if you don't do something.
  • Grace215lbs
    Grace215lbs Posts: 129 Member
    janet6567 wrote: »

I very much agree.

I have to agree. If you weigh 80 pounds, you are grossly UNDERWEIGHT and this is terribly unhealthy for you. Please, please, please see a doctor and get some help. You will kill yourself if you don't do something.

Indeed! And considering your profile says you've lost even more weighing, 36kgs think you may have an eating disorder. You're eating 200-400cals a day and you say its to work your way up? Up from what? At your current weight you should be able to easily eat 1400-1600calories and not be so worried you'll gain. Worrying you'll gain when youre underweight already shows you have an eating disorder.

You then go on to say this one time you ate 3000calories. Yet again that shows binge then purge or in this case you starve again at 200cals.

Were not saying this to be rude. Were saying this as were worried for you. Were worried new members might read this as healthy when it's deadly. You need to really see a new professional and show them your food diary.

I was anorexic after my journey down from 245lbs, i was saying what you were saying. Even told my family the GP said i was fine. When i hadnt seen him since i was 10kg heavier. i've just gained back to a healthy weight at 19.6 bmi and my goal is around 21 with a BF% of 19.

Your BMI now is 13.6!!!! That isnt even close to healthy in singapore, it's considered dangerously underweight even when you list it on an extreamly small frame.

I know you keep protesting this. Thats what concerns me most. Please go see a new professional and stop losing weight. At 36kgs eating 200-400cals a day you're not going to survive and it breaks my heart to see a beautiful girl going down this path :'( all the best to you love.
  • Aviva92

I very much agree.

Indeed! And considering your profile says you've lost even more weighing, 36kgs think you may have an eating disorder. You're eating 200-400cals a day and you say its to work your way up? Up from what? At your current weight you should be able to easily eat 1400-1600calories and not be so worried you'll gain. Worrying you'll gain when youre underweight already shows you have an eating disorder.

You then go on to say this one time you ate 3000calories. Yet again that shows binge then purge or in this case you starve again at 200cals.

Were not saying this to be rude. Were saying this as were worried for you. Were worried new members might read this as healthy when it's deadly. You need to really see a new professional and show them your food diary.

I was anorexic after my journey down from 245lbs, i was saying what you were saying. Even told my family the GP said i was fine. When i hadnt seen him since i was 10kg heavier. i've just gained back to a healthy weight at 19.6 bmi and my goal is around 21 with a BF% of 19.

Your BMI now is 13.6!!!! That isnt even close to healthy in singapore, it's considered dangerously underweight even when you list it on an extreamly small frame.

I know you keep protesting this. Thats what concerns me most. Please go see a new professional and stop losing weight. At 36kgs eating 200-400cals a day you're not going to survive and it breaks my heart to see a beautiful girl going down this path :'( all the best to you love.

her bmi is 15.2 at 86 pounds and 5'3", not 13.6.
  • Grace215lbs
    Grace215lbs Posts: 129 Member
    Aviva92 wrote: »

I very much agree.

her bmi is 15.2 at 86 pounds and 5'3", not 13.6.

Refer to the infomation on her profile. As i mentioned before, shes lost more weight.

Even at a BMI of 15.2 she isn't at a healthly weight, not even close. With the new information from her profile shes at a BMI of 13.6. So it's getting even lower.

Just trying to give a perspective from someone whos been there.
  • ithrowconfetti
    ithrowconfetti Posts: 451 Member
    edited November 2014
    Hi all. I would just like to stress once again that my I am not using my ticker at all. My aim is to gain weight gradually. And I have never eaten 200-400 calories a day. I do not know where you got those numbers from. And my BMI is currently 15.2. It is low, I know. I set out to lose weight and reach a healthy one, but was careless, and just continued to lose the whole way, because I never felt hungry. I did not intentionally eat less food to the point of starvation. I have never done that to myself, because I enjoy eating. I have always seen food as essential for survival and well-being. I have mentioned many times that I joined MFP a month ago to track my calories when doctors gave me a clean bill of health, but I knew personally that my BMI is not high enough for me to be comfortable with. Hence, I decided to sign up for MFP to solely use the diary feature to ensure that I track and I up my calories gradually and healthily. I am working my calories up to maintenance, and then to gaining weight until I am back to my initial goal of around 50kg. I would greatly appreciate it if the insinuations that I have an ED or I purge cease, because I am guilty of neither. 36kg has never and will never be my goal, unless I suddenly turn into a 120cm person. I do not want anyone, especially someone who is new to MFP and looking to lose weight, to have a low BMI like mine, so please stop painting me as someone who is advocating for this.
  • KaroshiQueen
    KaroshiQueen Posts: 213 Member
    Is this thread about before and after photos for motivation, or a 4 page debate on one person's BMI? Seriously, leave her alone - she's heard your opinions so let's get back on topic.
  • RideRunRepeat
    RideRunRepeat Posts: 54 Member
    Is this thread about before and after photos for motivation, or a 4 page debate on one person's BMI? Seriously, leave her alone - she's heard your opinions so let's get back on topic.

Totally agree. People LET. IT. GO.
  • Hi all. I would just like to stress once again that my I am not using my ticker at all. My aim is to gain weight gradually. And I have never eaten 200-400 calories a day. I do not know where you got those numbers from. And my BMI is currently 15.2. It is low, I know. I set out to lose weight and reach a healthy one, but was careless, and just continued to lose the whole way, because I never felt hungry. I did not intentionally eat less food to the point of starvation. I have never done that to myself, because I enjoy eating. I have always seen food as essential for survival and well-being. I have mentioned many times that I joined MFP a month ago to track my calories when doctors gave me a clean bill of health, but I knew personally that my BMI is not high enough for me to be comfortable with. Hence, I decided to sign up for MFP to solely use the diary feature to ensure that I track and I up my calories gradually and healthily. I am working my calories up to maintenance, and then to gaining weight until I am back to my initial goal of around 50kg. I would greatly appreciate it if the insinuations that I have an ED or I purge cease, because I am guilty of neither. 36kg has never and will never be my goal, unless I suddenly turn into a 120cm person. I do not want anyone, especially someone who is new to MFP and looking to lose weight, to have a low BMI like mine, so please stop painting me as someone who is advocating for this.

WOAHHHHHHHH.
    What the absolute hell?!

Im absolutely ashamed of some of the comments on here. It seemed to have started off with gentle, genuine concern that was met with a genuine, detailed response. How lovely. That should have been end of story.

Endless 'YOURE SO THIN, ITS UNHEALTHY, YOULL DIEEEEEEE, YOU MUST GAIN RIGHT NOW' comments are completely unnecessary and abusive. She's already explained herself, many many more times and much more politely than I would have. If you're still posting messages, telling her what to do with her own body, then do not do so under the pretense of concern.

We are all here for a reason. We all have complicated or bad relationships with food. It would appear that Confetti here went a little too far. Get the hell off her case.

I also went a little too far with food, 70 pounds too far in fact, in the other direction. I'm sure we've all tripped at one point or another.

Much love to all the genuine concern and good comments on here. Apologies, body shaming REALLY gets my back up.
  • Is this thread about before and after photos for motivation, or a 4 page debate on one person's BMI? Seriously, leave her alone - she's heard your opinions so let's get back on topic.

Apologies. Didn't see this, totally agree. Bump.
  • Basilin
    Basilin Posts: 360 Member
    edited November 2014
    Yes, please let's get back to the topic! I'm sorry that I contributed to the debacle by giving my opinion on the matter. @Bradders33 and @devlinv1 you look awesome! @dmgeurts that is fabulous how much you've done in that amount of time. You look awesome, too! Thank you for posting and I hope to see more.

Here is where I am, not so dramatic as others but I'm still proud of myself because I've never taken responsibility for my diet before. I ate horribly: lattes for breakfast and boxes of cookies for dinner, hardly any fresh veggies or fruits. I was always bloated, with headaches and problems with my heart rhythm/rate because of excess sugar, and I don't know how much longer my body was going to take it before showing serious consequences (regardless of weight).

June 2013, ~145 lbs

i6jz6n7rwxtv.jpg

Today, 123 lbs (toilet photo-bomb, pay no mind)

9sfvfrvhb6n0.jpg

Now to start working on getting some guns instead of floppy woman arms. :open_mouth:
  • EmmaOnTrack
    EmmaOnTrack Posts: 425 Member
    bradders33 wrote: »
    4gjh8b1nb5ms.jpg

My Before and After. 2st 7lbs in 6 months, size 18 to size 12, on the 5:2, using MyFitnessPal to keep track. :smiley:

Good luck ladies and gents.
    You are my new 5:2 pinup girl! I'm also 5"4 and am just starting my 8th week on 5:2...absolutely love it and your pics remind me I'm on the right track. 4kgs down, 2 to go!

You look amazing.

• MMulder68
    MMulder68 Posts: 139 Member
    edited November 2014
    6pc4t5.jpg
    svswut.jpg
    2mzh36w.jpg

First pic was at 260. Second and third pic are at 212. I am 5'4" and shooting for 170 for my first goal. I am about a size 8 when at 170. This time I do not care about size or the scale just being healthy. I am in perfect health now so it can only get better!
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    MMulder68 wrote: »
    6pc4t5.jpg
    svswut.jpg
    2mzh36w.jpg

wow! Stunning.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!