Options

Replies

• MyJourneyOnMFP
    Options
    y'all look fantastic! very inspiring
  • tinklemar
    tinklemar Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    You all look great! I'm 5'4" and your pictures are all very inspiring. ithrowconfetti - 86 lbs!? yikes!
  • pinkiezoom
    pinkiezoom Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    You all look amazing, i am 5ft 4 but not far enough into my journey yet to post anything other than my starting pics lol !
  • Bellodesiderare
    Bellodesiderare Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    SW: 220 lbs
    CW: 142 lbs

0fctm585trlf.jpeg
    52trb647m6lk.jpg

• pinkiezoom
    Options
    SW: 220 lbs
    CW: 142 lbs

0fctm585trlf.jpeg
    52trb647m6lk.jpg

WOW but i cant help loving your before pic too, such confidence, you are a good advert to all of us :)

• hilarywilldoit
    hilarywilldoit Posts: 2
    edited November 2014
    Options
    I'm 5"3, but I thought I'd still contribute :)

I mean this very kindly, and I don't want you to take this harshly.
    But if you are 5'3, then 80 something pounds is severely underweight.
    I immediately thought you look like someone who is starving, then when I saw what you weigh I was concerned. But what really worries me is that it says "CW- current weight"..not "GW- goal weight".... which indicates that you wish to lose more. I'm scared for you. Your weight loss is up to you, I debated a long time over whether I should speak up and I wouldn't have said anything except that I'm worried you want to lose even more than that. Wishing you luck and health on your journey.
  • pinkiezoom
    Options

SW at ~ 67 kilograms/148 pounds in 2012
    q5oszpghgiaz.jpg

CW at ~ 39 kilograms/86 pounds
    pe8t8v2892zd.jpg

I immediately thought you look like someone who is starving, then when I saw what you weigh I was concerned. But what really worries me is that it says "CW- current weight"..not "GW- goal weight".... which indicates that you wish to lose more. I'm scared for you. Your weight loss is up to you, I debated a long time over whether I should speak up and I wouldn't have said anything except that I'm worried you want to lose even more than that. Wishing you luck and health on your journey.

I am pleased you said it, as i thought the same.

• TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options

I very much agree.
  • Basilin
    Basilin Posts: 360 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options

Everyone is built differently. She looks unusually skinny because the shirt she is wearing is baggy, and I don't know how you could tell from that pic that she is underweight. She doesn't look "gaunt" or anything to me. I'm going to trust she knows what's best for her, and those close to her that know her would speak up if there was a problem.

Great job, by the way, reaching your goals, ithrowconfetti!

• AniLandSmiles
    AniLandSmiles Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    pinkiezoom wrote: »

q5oszpghgiaz.jpg

pe8t8v2892zd.jpg

I am pleased you said it, as i thought the same.

Well stated, and I kindheartedly agree. I also debated on whether or not to say anything, but I decided to because I would hope someone would do the same for me.
  • AniLandSmiles
    AniLandSmiles Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I LOVE this thread. I love how confident you all seem, and you serve as such an inspiration to me!!!!! Thank you!
  • TheVirgoddess
    Options
    Basilin wrote: »

Everyone is built differently. She looks unusually skinny because the shirt she is wearing is baggy, and I don't know how you could tell from that pic that she is underweight. She doesn't look "gaunt" or anything to me. I'm going to trust she knows what's best for her, and those close to her that know her would speak up if there was a problem.

Because at 5'3", 86 pounds is more than 20 pounds underweight, and a real health risk. A healthy weight would be 107-135. So people aren't reaching out to be cruel, but out of genuine concern. Not everyone is lucky enough to have someone to speak up for them.
  • chunmi
    chunmi Posts: 38 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    @basilin

even if she isnt underweight, her daily goal is 850/650 kcal...

• independant2406
    independant2406 Posts: 447 Member
    Options

q5oszpghgiaz.jpg

pe8t8v2892zd.jpg

Thank you for speaking up. I agree.
  • jenmcdav
    Options

I am 5' 3'' am concerned by the photos and the numbers as well. Please make sure you are eating to be healthy. Everyone is built differently. That's true. My goal weight (which I had achieved at one point and then back slid a bit) is 125 pounds. that puts me at the lower end of the BMI chart in America. According to the chart, I could have gone down to 120 and been in the healthy range, but I thought that 125 looked slim and healthy. Regardless of build or clothing, 86 pounds is far, far below what would be considered a healthy weight for your height. Please be careful and maybe think about getting a physical?
  • mohanj
    mohanj Posts: 381 Member
    Options

q5oszpghgiaz.jpg

pe8t8v2892zd.jpg

Completely agree.
  • Basilin
    Basilin Posts: 360 Member
    Options

Because at 5'3", 86 pounds is more than 20 pounds underweight, and a real health risk. A healthy weight would be 107-135. So people aren't reaching out to be cruel, but out of genuine concern. Not everyone is lucky enough to have someone to speak up for them.

Well, it sounds like people have "spoken up" enough to her for her to write this in her profile:

"I'm 160cm, and weighed 67 kilograms in 2012. I then decided it was time for me to shed unnecessary weight that could lead to health complications in the future. Fast forward two years later, and I'm now approaching 38 kilograms. Although my BMI is low, doctors have given me a clean bill of health, and I've never been in better shape. I have no ailments or illnesses recorded, such as high cholesterol or diabetes, thankfully."

So, I'm going to trust her beautiful smile and say congrats. :smile:
  • TheVirgoddess
    Options

Well, it sounds like people have "spoken up" enough to her for her to write this in her profile:

"I'm 160cm, and weighed 67 kilograms in 2012. I then decided it was time for me to shed unnecessary weight that could lead to health complications in the future. Fast forward two years later, and I'm now approaching 38 kilograms. Although my BMI is low, doctors have given me a clean bill of health, and I've never been in better shape. I have no ailments or illnesses recorded, such as high cholesterol or diabetes, thankfully."

So, I'm going to trust her beautiful smile and say congrats. :smile:

I'm not going to argue with you and I'm not going to change my opinion on this. Just because she claims she's healthy and under a doctors care, doesn't make it true. I'm not going to badger her about her weight - that's her choice - and I've said what I needed to say. But I will gently and kindly speak up when I see something I think is dangerous or shows disordered thinking about food/health/body. And I would hope that I would get the same treatment on here if I were ever in that position.
  • Aviva92
    Aviva92 Posts: 2,333 Member
    Options

i disagree. i'm 5'4" and the absolute lowest I got to be was 101 and that was bordering on too low, but I'm not muscular, so it was probably okay. I could not imagine being 15 pounds lighter than that. There is a certain point that it's just too skinny for anyone.
  • Aviva92
    Aviva92 Posts: 2,333 Member
    Options
    jenmcdav wrote: »

I am 5' 3'' am concerned by the photos and the numbers as well. Please make sure you are eating to be healthy. Everyone is built differently. That's true. My goal weight (which I had achieved at one point and then back slid a bit) is 125 pounds. that puts me at the lower end of the BMI chart in America. According to the chart, I could have gone down to 120 and been in the healthy range, but I thought that 125 looked slim and healthy. Regardless of build or clothing, 86 pounds is far, far below what would be considered a healthy weight for your height. Please be careful and maybe think about getting a physical?

pretty sure you're wrong. at 5'3" you can go down to 105 pounds and still be considered healthy. the range for normal is 105-140.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!