how to eat 6,908 calories daily?

Options

Replies

• epj78
    epj78 Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    I agree, how the heck are you burning 5,000 calories a day???? I can quite literally run a marathon and not even come close to burning that many a day.

If you really are burning that many calories, then you need to see a nutritionalist as none of us are going to be able to advise you on what you need to be eating to fuel your body for that amount of exercise and remain healthy.
  • Cristy_AZ
    Cristy_AZ Posts: 986
    Options
    You've logged 8 hours of exercise in one day??
  • SunLove8
    SunLove8 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I would like to have example at how to eat 6,908 daily ? Please i alway eat half of this.

Need more info to better understand so I can attempt to give you some advice...
  • foreverloved
    foreverloved Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Her exercise diary says
    Cleaning, heavy, vigorous effort 8 55
    Walking, 3.0 mph, mod. pace, walking dog 120 904
    Walking, 5.0 mph 120 2192
    Dancing, general 120 1233
    Stretching, hatha yoga 60 342
    Yoga 60 342

I don't think these times are right.
  • baisleac
    baisleac Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    8 HOURS of exercise a day?
  • lloydrt
    lloydrt Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    Celery ,lol, One time I burnt 2300 calories, and couldnt move the next day........my age, Im 56..........

I did both weight strength training and then cardio.........

I learned my lesson very promptly. Not again, normally, I burn about 1400 calories on exercise a day........it works for me, now just wished that I could lose this last 25 ........thanks
  • denitraross
    denitraross Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Where on gods earth are you getting those calories burned numbers?? There is no way that is right...also, you seem to exercise for 6-8 hours a day??? Something is off...
  • Bethy25
    Bethy25 Posts: 73
    Options
    oh my word! I am guessing you have something messed up in your exercise log! If you overrode the calorie burn amount it will stay that way in your recently used exercises and then when you keep adding it, it will be wrong each time. Same goes for the foods. I accidently was added a pork chop for 5 calories one day. Mmmmm that was a good 5 cal pork chop!

You may want to go in and re-add what you are doing and that should fix it. If you truely are exercising that much, well, you are just plain crazy so you need to stop :)
  • jennifer3998
    jennifer3998 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I hope this doesn't come off as rude, but there is no way you are burning that number of calories. I'm pretty sure I walk 3.0 miles per hour around my house cleaning and just doing regular stuff but I wouldn't count that as exercise. Not that walking isn't exercise (I logged 48 min of 4.0 MPH today), but your totals are excessive and I believe, probably way inflated.

That said, if you tell me you wear a reputable HRM I will eat my words. As long as they don't have calories. :-)
  • BflSaberfan
    BflSaberfan Posts: 1,272
    Options
    Wow. I think your numbers are off. My boyfriend eats 4000 a day but he is trying to gain weight....
  • angel_eyes17
    angel_eyes17 Posts: 103 Member
    Options

I burn over 2000 calories on a short (25 mile) bike ride. As the rides get longer later in the season, I burn much more. A metric century (65 miles) burns about 5,000 calories and takes about 3.5 hours. It's not impossible to burn this many calories. You just have to have a life that allows you to spend that much time on fitness. Man, I miss those days.

You're awesome!
  • polar5554
    polar5554 Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Can we say "TROLL"!!!!!
  • TropicalKitty
    TropicalKitty Posts: 2,298 Member
    Options
    Well if you really wanted to eat that many calories you could do it by eating about 7 Tony's pepperoni pizzas at 900 calories each but that's only 6300 so you could probably get a milk shake from McDonalds to wash it all down.

This totally sounds like my kind of diet. I :heart: pizza! haha

But seriously OP, if you are an athlete (assuming the 5k cals are legit), why are you asking MFP for help, shouldn't you have professionals helping you?

I'm betting that something is entered incorrectly - like you have things set in kilos, but you entered pounds. Hence doubling things for you... along with other settings possibly being off.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Walking at any pace will not burn 1000+ calories per hour. Even running for an hour will not burn anywhere near that many. You may be eating too many calories already.
  • trio25
    trio25 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    It is possible to burn that many calories, I've burnt over 4000 today riding 100miles. But I am unlikely to eat them all back today. I will go over the next couple of days though as I will be hungry!
  • Armymom44
    Armymom44 Posts: 76
    Options
    I was thinking the same thing hummm
  • REman
    REman Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Don't feed the trolls.
  • jsonnett02
    jsonnett02 Posts: 110
    Options
    I am intrigued about this post.....
  • ladybug1620
    ladybug1620 Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    where is the OP? We need answers!
  • JesaGrace
    JesaGrace Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    I walk/jog on my treadmill for an hour at the same pace as your exercise diary and only burn about 500 calories....though I can't tell you if it is off....I don' t know how you are entering it in....do you use a heart rate monitor?