eating before bed

Options

Replies

• paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,019 Member
    Options
    you love to mock people who seem pretty damn successful for being clueless?

What are to talking about when you say "people who seem pretty damn successful"?

I would say one of them is Ed - a loss of 312 lb's seems pretty successful to me. B)

• paperpudding
    Options

Now if a calorie was a calorie then macros would be more accurate in making weight loss predictions but a calorie is not a calorie always in placed in a complex human body.

Does this help you as it does other readers?

Which other readers would they be??

just curious as everyone is disagreeing with you, yet you consider yourself so helpful.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    emily_stew wrote: »
    OdesAngel wrote: »
    Look, GaleHawkins posted!
    Kim-Kardashian-yawn-gif-bored.gif

You could do some filthy photoshop with that gif.

On topic, I pretty much consider any of my waking hours as hours left until I can sleep again, so I guess if I never ate before bed...I'd never eat at all. Also, I work evening, so I do almost all my eating at night. Hasn't hindered me none.

Well...Yes of course, that too B)
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Oh look, its night time and here I am eating in bed AGAIN!
  • indianwin2001
    indianwin2001 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    This thread is funny--20 people are right and 1 is wrong
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options

What are to talking about when you say "people who seem pretty damn successful"?

I would say one of them is Ed - a loss of 312 lb's seems pretty successful to me. B)

Why would I mock Ed who I do not know. I congrat Ed for that loss and all that set a goal and get even 10% the way there because they set a goal and did something positive for themselves. I think this thread may have related to some making a false statement that a calorie is a calorie and I posted links supporting a calorie is not always a calorie?

Been hauling hay today so my memory may be wrong on this subject being an old man per LLLE. :)

• indianwin2001
    indianwin2001 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Galehawkins--Why does your ticker say ZERO pounds lost and 59 to go?-Have you lost ANY weight? If you have you might want to update that and if you haven't ....
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options

Why would I mock Ed who I do not know. I congrat Ed for that loss and all that set a goal and get even 10% the way there because they set a goal and did something positive for themselves. I think this thread may have related to some making a false statement that a calorie is a calorie and I posted links supporting a calorie is not always a calorie?

Been hauling hay today so my memory may be wrong on this subject being an old man per LLLE. :)

Except..a calorie is a calorie. Are you saying Ed and Psulemon (not to mention a few others who have posted in agreement with CICO and have lost significant amounts of weight/are at goal) are wrong in how they lost weight?

Deer-popcorn.gif
  • paperpudding
    Options

I didnt say you had mocked him - I was just answering your question "What are to talking about when you say "people who seem pretty damn successful"?" as to one of the people they were talking about aas being successful on this thread was Ed.

and a calorie is a calorie is not a false statement any more than a mile is a mile or a kilogram is a kilogram or any other unit of measurement is that unit of measurement.

• Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

No - you brought up the whole calorie is/is not a calorie topic...the actual topic was about meal timing, and stayed that way until you got involved.

Also, you did not post links to 'prove' that a calorie is not always a calorie.

• GaleHawkins
    Options
    PikaKnight wrote: »

Except..a calorie is a calorie. Are you saying Ed and Psulemon (not to mention a few others who have posted in agreement with CICO and have lost significant amounts of weight/are at goal) are wrong in how they lost weight?

Deer-popcorn.gif

PikaKnight I have never said they are wrong in how they lost weight. To do so would be stupid and very unprofessional. I have never made a comment about weight loss to them that I know.

All I have ever commented on is to say a calorie is a calorie is known to be false by current research and I posted links to that data. I expect they lost weight because they ate fewer calories than they burned over time. Thinking a calorie is a calorie does NOT make one gain or lose an ounce. Thinking the earth is flat does NOT make one gain or lose an ounce.

How did you come to think I slammed they for losing weight? I am missing your logic so please help me understand your mindset. I do think you are serious.

Thanks

Gale Hawkins

• EvelynR1967
    EvelynR1967 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I unfortunately eat the bulk of my calories at night. I'm not a eater during the day. But I have stayed within my calories and have lost the weight.. I too believe that it doesn't matter when you eat, as long as you stay within your macros..
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    Options

PikaKnight I have never said they are wrong in how they lost weight. To do so would be stupid and very unprofessional. I have never made a comment about weight loss to them that I know.

All I have ever commented on is to say a calorie is a calorie is known to be false by current research and I posted links to that data. I expect they lost weight because they ate fewer calories than they burned over time. Thinking a calorie is a calorie does NOT make one gain or lose an ounce. Thinking the earth is flat does NOT make one gain or lose an ounce.

How did you come to think I slammed they for losing weight? I am missing your logic so please help me understand your mindset. I do think you are serious.

Thanks

Gale Hawkins

So.. they ate food (most likely from any source, really), the calories were below their maintenance needs, and they lost weight. I.e. calories in/calories out.

But I guess if their maintenance levels were all around 2500 and they each ate 2000 calories worth of caramel apples and chocolate pretzels, and only these things, they didn't lose weight right, since a calories is not just a calorie, right?

Oh wait.....

And of course thinking the earth is flat doesn't affect weight loss. Whatever weird analogy or comparison you just tried to make totally did not work.

tumblr_mq7bz3jIBT1r8ttpbo1_500.gif
    tumblr_mqlhrbOmPS1sp9fcho1_500.gif

• ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    Options
    I unfortunately eat the bulk of my calories at night. I'm not a eater during the day. But I have stayed within my calories and have lost the weight.. I too believe that it doesn't matter when you eat, as long as you stay within your macros..

Oh girl if I did this I'd be murdering everyone LOL! I didn't eat for 9 hours today after breakfast (not by choice) and felt so blaaah. I did wind up eating 2-3 meals int he last few hours though, but I needs my big-*kitten* breakfast
  • paperpudding
    Options

Deer-popcorn.gif

. I expect they lost weight because they ate fewer calories than they burned over time. Thinking a calorie is a calorie does NOT make one gain or lose an ounce. Thinking the earth is flat does NOT make one gain or lose an ounce.

Well, umm, yes, no kidding - I expect they lost weight because they ate fewer calories than they burned over time too.
    Of course.
    Just like everyone else does - ie CICO.

And you are right - thinking a calorie is a calorie does not make one lose or gain an ounce, nor does thinking the earth is flat ( rather random comparison) nor does thinking anything.
    Regardless of what anyone thinks, if they eat less than they burn over time, they lose weight.

And a calorie is a calorie like a mile is a mile, a kilogram is a kilogram, any unit of measurement is that unit of measurement. B)
  • GaleHawkins
    Options

Deer-popcorn.gif

. I expect they lost weight because they ate fewer calories than they burned over time. Thinking a calorie is a calorie does NOT make one gain or lose an ounce. Thinking the earth is flat does NOT make one gain or lose an ounce.

Well, umm, yes, no kidding - I expect they lost weight because they ate fewer calories than they burned over time too.
    Of course.
    Just like everyone else does - ie CICO.

And you are right - thinking a calorie is a calorie does not make one lose or gain an ounce, nor does thinking the earth is flat ( rather random comparison) nor does thinking anything.
    Regardless of what anyone thinks, if they eat less than they burn over time, they lose weight.

And a calorie is a calorie like a mile is a mile, a kilogram is a kilogram, any unit of measurement is that unit of measurement. B)

I agree as long as you are not applying it to humans trying to diet and I posted research that a calorie is a calorie when applying it dieting is a known false statement today.

Please not I have no desire to change anyone's mind that a calorie is a calorie or that the earth is flat just because someone said they were true a long time ago.

All I ask is you and others stop making non factual statements and claiming they are factual. You are risking hurting people and this fine forum in doing so. Claiming the earth is flat or that all calories are the same when placed in the human body does not make the statements true.

It is a good thing I am in nutritional ketosis so I have the energy to keep typing without getting hungry. :) Thankfully LLLE has not sent any private messages for a few hours now calling me names. God help me if she goes low carb and getting into ketosis unless the calming effect kicks in. :)

Folks who are serious about low low carbing with high high fats let me warn you. The stamina is unreal in nutritional ketosis and you will wear your friends out if you are out walking, etc I am finding. The kids are like let us stop and eating when working around the place. But it not a wired form of energy like from coffee or something but a very calm relaxing form of energy. Another plus is when I go to bed I tend to sleep like a log and and often longer that the normal six hours because the arthritis pain does not wake me up or have me so stiff I have to get up due to hurting.