Younger girl dating older guys?

Options

Replies

• nickylee76
    nickylee76 Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    When i was 19 I was with a man who was 29. Our relationship lasted over 3 years and it turned out I had my *kitten* together more than he did. Age does not always indicate maturity.
  • SwannySez
    SwannySez Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    nickylee76 wrote: »
    When i was 19 I was with a man who was 29. Our relationship lasted over 3 years and it turned out I had my *kitten* together more than he did. Age does not always indicate maturity.

That's him in the picture, isn't it, Nicky? :#
  • nickylee76
    nickylee76 Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    SwannySez wrote: »
    nickylee76 wrote: »

That's him in the picture, isn't it, Nicky? :#

Duh no that's who I left him for!!! I am way older than 19 now... :)

• Zephalia
    Zephalia Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Age is just a number. If it's legal and it feels right - just do it!

I have had great experiences with older men (10 and 20 years my senior...I'm 29) both in relationships and in the bedroom. The key is the confidence and experience that comes with age.

I have trouble with attraction to men my age, even now. Physically, sure, it's there but to really connect with someone there is far more than physicality. Maybe it's just the guys I meet but they all seem to be fairly immature, unsure of themselves and without direction in life.
  • EricJonrosh
    EricJonrosh Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    This is an interesting question. I was out the other night and had our waitress (23) in stitches. She kept coming back. The younger "hot" 6packs leveled every cliche her way, proudly shouting her name (How to Score, Chapter 1), but she'd always look to me for humor and wit-sparring. She was clearly divided. The 6packs were so certain of their chances because of youth and looks that they would just open their mouths and call out, as if attracting an elk; their words making as much sense. And yet somehow, be it culture or MTV or what, they will be the safer bet for her, even though they don't sound like Ryan Gosling #recitingascriptwrittenbythreeoscarwinners.

OK so maybe it doesn't relate to the question, but I thought there was an interesting social study going on. I agree with the many here who said it depends on maturity. I know a 20 year old who is quite mature and would do great with an older guy. I also know 30 year olds I wouldn't date if you paid me. I will say this, older guys, don't look past some of the over 40 women. There are some great single older women out there too. I know a few myself. Personally, I would date that waitress because she and I were on the same level humor wise.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Personally I probably wouldn't go more than 6-7 years from my age (I'm 33, so about 26-40). My brother is 28 and he just married a 20-year-old. They've known each other since she was 16/17, but didn't start dating until this past winter (more because he was in another relationship until late 2013). They're a good match, though, so I can't judge the age difference.
  • OnceBitt2xshy34
    Options
    Age is just a number true.. however.. if you walk in and there is Kool-Aid and cookies on counter and Chris Hanson walks out from behind the curtain you might have a problem... just saying lol
  • sentaruu
    sentaruu Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    I've known plenty of girls of legal age who frequently have kool-aid and cookies.. not at the same time, because that's just weird. I mean.. milk and cookies, yeah. Kool-Aid? not so much..

• OnceBitt2xshy34
    Options
    On Dateline predators with Chris Hanson, there is always Kool-aid and cookies lol I personally like milk
  • heylookitsval
    heylookitsval Posts: 1,141 Member
    Options
    ^^ There is also a sweet little inflatable hot tub!
  • MoriorInvictus
    MoriorInvictus Posts: 40
    edited November 2014
    Options
    "I was just here to tell her she shouldn't be sleeping with older men...I wanted to help her." lol
  • OnceBitt2xshy34
    Options
    Oh yeah, and the girl with the laundry basket.... lol
  • Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    Options
    On Dateline predators with Chris Hanson, there is always Kool-aid and cookies lol I personally like milk

Interesting, I've never noticed that part. Of course, maybe I was just focusing on the shocked looks on their faces when they realized they were caught! >:)
  • OnceBitt2xshy34
    Options
    lol wheel... soon as they see Chris Hanson.. They suddenly feel "faint"
  • Wheelhouse15
    Options
    lol wheel... soon as they see Chris Hanson.. They suddenly feel "faint"

Yeah, and they are all there just to "help her"... then they see their chat logs and really look like they will pass out!
  • OnceBitt2xshy34
    Options
    "I drove 2000 miles with beers and condoms to tell her she shouldn't meet strangers from the internet" hahahahaha
  • Wheelhouse15
    Options
    "I drove 2000 miles with beers and condoms to tell her she shouldn't meet strangers from the internet" hahahahaha

Honestly, the beer was for the a BBQ marinade and the condoms were for balloons!
  • OnceBitt2xshy34
    Options
    The saddest one I saw was the freak who brought his 5 year old son along with him...
  • Wheelhouse15
    Options
    The saddest one I saw was the freak who brought his 5 year old son along with him...

Ok, I missed that one. That's beyond the pale even for a lot of those guys. :o
  • OnceBitt2xshy34
    Options
    Yes it is...