What time do u stop eating ?

Options
neekmichelle922
neekmichelle922 Posts: 71 Member
edited November 2014 in Health and Weight Loss
I heard 7pm even tho I know it's all about calories burned vs calories taken in but it's not good to have food sitting in ur stomach alll night right ?

Replies

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Whenever I want. There is another thread about this right now too. I think people are still commenting.
  • BombshellPhoenix
    BombshellPhoenix Posts: 1,693 Member
    Options
    I don't eat in my sleep, so I don't choke. Otherwise, a bulk of my calories are eaten in the evening because I prefer it this way.

Eat in a way that makes you feel best...your body functions 24/7, irregardless of when you eat.
  • kristydi
    kristydi Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    Whenever I run out of calories or fall asleep, whichever comes first.
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    I don't eat in my sleep, so I don't choke. Otherwise, a bulk of my calories are eaten in the evening because I prefer it this way.

Eat in a way that makes you feel best...your body functions 24/7, irregardless of when you eat.

I'm supposed to stop about 3 hours before lying down due to reflux, but I don't always.
  • MandyMason7
    MandyMason7 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    When I'm not hungry anymore.
  • 50sFit
    50sFit Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    I heard 7pm even tho I know it's all about calories burned vs calories taken in but it's not good to have food sitting in ur stomach alll night right ?
    7pm - same here most days. I want that 16 hour window of fasting before I eat again.

• TossaBeanBag
    TossaBeanBag Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    When my plate is empty, Mom says I can get up.
  • bethleahnutrition
    Options
    Eat a small dinner and a small snack, try to not eat a few hours before you go to sleep. Breakfast & Lunch should be your biggest meals because you will use all the nutrition and calories for energy to last throughout the day. If you eat a big dinner, you'll barely be moving after and then go to sleep.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    I try not to eat for 3-4 hours before bed.

But sometimes I'm hungry, so I do.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    When I'm finished, varies.
  • arditarose
    Options
    Eat a small dinner and a small snack, try to not eat a few hours before you go to sleep. Breakfast & Lunch should be your biggest meals because you will use all the nutrition and calories for energy to last throughout the day. If you eat a big dinner, you'll barely be moving after and then go to sleep.

No
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    If I eat too large a meal close to bed time I sometimes have trouble sleeping. But I'll grab a string cheese or other small snack right before bed if I have calories left.
  • neekmichelle922
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »

No

Why she sounds pretty accurate to me ?
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options

No

Because it doesn't matter what time you eat, so long as you stay within your allotment.
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options

No. The human body does not use the calories and nutrients from food automatically. The majority of nutrient absorption occurs in the small intestine, and your food doesn't even reach that until 3-4 hours after you've eaten.
  • neekmichelle922
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »

No

Because it doesn't matter what time you eat, so long as you stay within your allotment.

Ohhhh ok
  • neekmichelle922
    Options
    I have pcos tooo ao I'm just trynna be really strict sorry
  • arditarose
    Options

No

It's a way to do it. Some people find it helpful to eat a big lunch to get them through the day. But it's not scientifically proven to help you lose weight or anything. I don't really see anything wrong with eating a big dinner either. All about calories in calories out.