Starting 30 Day Shred Tomorrow April 4..Who's In?

Replies

• jennasan
    jennasan Posts: 44
    Hey Ladies
    Good Friday! Day 17 complete. L2 Day 6 and thngs are good. The knee is better and I was able to complete it all except those plank abs at the end, replace by crunches. more than half way there!
    Keep moving----forward. :wink:
  • crashta
    crashta Posts: 72
    Sorry to hear about your pet :[

Level 2 Day 3 complete, still following Anita for many of the moves though.
  • 1crazymom
    1crazymom Posts: 434 Member
    Days 18 & 19 done! Did't get to post yesterday! Keep going Ladies!

Janet so sorry about your dog.:(
  • Sweettart
    Sweettart Posts: 1,331 Member
    Wow Day 11 complete!!

Level 2 is fun and hard at the same time! so far I have no knee pain *fingers crossed*. I burned 263 calories!!!

Would you consider level 2 medium or high intensity?

Have a great day!
  • Bump - ordered the DVD today and am keen to read how those a few weeks ahead of me are going.
  • jennasan
    Day 18 done, just barely though. L2 Day7. I pulled a muscle in my arm/chest and I cant do the push ups, UGH! Sad thing is i dont know when it happened. I was doing so well too : (
    I think I am going to have to go back to L1 for a few days and try and figure something else out for the push ups til it is better. Any suggestions?

Happy Easter to everyone!!
  • jennasan
    Sweettart
    I think L2 is High intensity with JM or Natalie and Low if you follow Anita. although I had been following a little of each and it still felt pretty intense.

Jenn
  • Dragonfly11
    Dragonfly11 Posts: 672 Member
    Hey Everyone,
    thanks for all of the kind work and thoughts; I appreciate it. Took Friday as my rest day, which I needed and got up this morning feeling rested and ready to go. Did L2D5 and then did 5 mile power walk. Burned 241 calories with shred which wasn't as high as my best of 281 but still pretty intense. I did the 5 miles with leslie sansone 5 mile fat burning walk that was 435 calories. I feel pretty good except my left knee is a bit sore. For me, level 2 is still hard at parts and my shoulders really feel it. I'm not a big fan of plank work either but I can tell it really works.
    Great job to everyone, looks like we're really doing this!!! Have a fantastic Easter and watch out for that chocolate bunny:bigsmile:

Janet
  • jennasan
    Well I did it !
    I made it into the 140's by Easter!! 148 for three days now, how ever those chocolate bunnies and jelly beans my have gotten the best of my sweet tooth. and I think I am going to have to do a double work out to make up for it. Haven't wokred out today, yet! but will get there after my stomach settles from all the food I ate. :drinker:
    Hope everyone is having a great holiday!! Enjoy the day.!
  • crashta
    Way to go Jennasan! I am really close to my first goal now and it feels great :]
    I was out of town for 3.5 days but was able to do the workouts on 2 of the days - in my parents living room! My dad thought I was a bit crazy, thankfully he was occupied outside raking the lawn for most of the time. My mom didn't seem to have much of an opinion other than it looks like it works b/c I am shrinking. She has been yo-yo dieting most of her adult life and is overwieght still. I wish they had a computer and internet b/c I am sure she would benefit from MFP - she's done Weight Watchers in the past and should know how to eat properly - but definately does not. I was happy when she found a loaf of 12 grain bread in the freezer b/c I was not going to eat white bread, honey nut Cheerios or Frosted Flakes for breakfast again.
    Lets just say I was happy to eat my All Bran Strawberry Medley cereal this morning! Making chili from scatch for dinner - can't wait.
  • 1crazymom
    Day 20 done! Actually took a break and didn't exercise yesterday.
    Yea jennasan!
  • 1crazymom
    Day 21 done. Only 9 more days of Jillian saying looks familiar "Think again buddy".
  • 1crazymom
    Day 22 done! Ladies did you leave me alone in this challenge?
  • I'm on day 7 and tried level 2. I had to substitute some of the moves for level 1 moves and i decided i'm not ready for level 2.i know you're supposed to wait till you're ready to move on and i thought i was..but i'm not. so back to level 1 tomorrow for me. how are you ladies counting how many calories you burn? i read somewhere about a heart monitor but i thought it just told you how fast your heart rate was. let me know, i would like to know how many calories i burn! thanks.
  • crashta
    Level 2, Day 5 done. Been busy or too tired to work out for the past couple of days. Felt great to get the workout in this morning though. I'm sticking to the 10 days at each level for now. 5 more to go on Level 2 before I try Level 3. I did the plank jacks for the first time today which was cool!
  • jennasan
    HI Everyone!
    Been out for a few days as we traveled to visit family. and the internet connectoin fiasco is finally fixed so hopefully i will be able to check in more often. I think the vacation may set me back on the weight loss but my sister's scale seems to be way off ( saying i gained 4.5 lbs in a day? Hmmm?) so I think i will wait til I get back home to weigh in. And although i've been gone for a few days I brought my DVD along and have completed Days 20 and 21 with a double work out yesterday (l1 & L2). I'm probably going to stay at level 2 til i get back I will lhave to see how much time i have on thursday to work out. Taking the day off today b/c of our schedule but I did walk 3 miles this morning. : )
    So keep on going Ladies!!
    take care
    Jenn
  • jennasan
    HI everyone!

Day 22 done! Still working out to Level 2 and it seemed really hard today. Probabaly b/c my arms are sore form holding on for dear life yesterday. My kids convinced me to to go on the roller coasters at the Mall of America. Had a great time but boy to those things whip you around.
    And I had a very proud acheivement which I wouild NEVER have been able to do two months ago when I started this---
    I, yes I ( ME who is terrifed of heights) was albe to do do the Fyling dutch man high adventure at MOA. Thats where you climb around on ropes and balance beams while tethered to a rope and there are four levels to climb. I made it to the top level !! Thanks to all the weight I lost and having more strength and energy.
    Amazing as JM would say. and my husband took pictures so I have proof! Yeah Me!!
    Keep moving forward ladies!!!
  • 1crazymom
    Day 23 done. Took a day off twisted my ankle and fell Wednesday night while running.
    jennasan that flying dutch man sounds like fun. Awesome job!
  • crashta
    Level 2, Day 6 done on Thursday. Need to workout yet today though.
  • Dragonfly11
    Dragonfly11 Posts: 672 Member
    Hey Shredders
    How are you all doing? I've been faithful to shredding and got in 17 miles walking this week. And (drum roll....) I did level 3 day 1 after work today!!! Hip hip hurray!!! I have to admit that the last few days of level 2 seemed really hard for me especially on my shoulders. I really had to push myself. Level 3 is different much morse challenging in some ways and not as much in others. It was still really hard-especially all of the jump training but I modified and was able to get thru. 9 more days to go!!!
    Glad to see everyone hanging in there ; see ya tomorrow

Janet