November Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• fabnine
    fabnine Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Stoshew71 wrote: »
    11/8 13.1 miles 49.5 <<< PR'ed The Huntsville Half (1:40:51)
    Holy Hello that's Fantastic!

• gabbo34
    gabbo34 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    fabnine wrote: »
    gabbo34 wrote: »
    With the colder weather coming next week, I'm going to try to buy some more winter gear this weekend. As a new runner, I'm struggling trying to figure out how many layers I will need for each run. It was 46 and sunny when I left this morning. The long sleeve base layer shirt and shorts were perfect. Next week it's forecast to be in the 30s in the morning...I'm thinking a thin running jacket as another layer...I'm worried about having too many clothes than not enough....any advice?
    I struggle with the right layers too. I always need far less clothing than I think I'm going to need. There's a good chart in this Runners World article. It's down the page at #21 the10 Degree Rule. Hope it helps!
    http://www.runnersworld.com/running-tips/25-golden-rules-running
    I'm going to register her, but I told her she can't run next to me. She just talks and talks and talks LOL She ran with me this morning. About mile 5 she said I'm going home and left me. She's run up to 7 miles with me so I know she can do the HM if she works some. It's not until April so she has plenty of time.
    It's so funny to me that chatter drives you bonkers while you're trying to run. I love having friends to run with, because we talk the miles away. What 10 miles finished already? Where did the miles go?
    _Date___ Miles____ Total
    Nov 1 ____16.3 ____ 16.3
    Nov 2 ____7.1 _____ 23.4
    Nov 3 ____6.2+8.1__ 37.7
    Nov 4 ____1 streak__ 38.7
    Nov 5 ____6.2+7.2__ 52.1
    Nov 6 ____1 streak__ 53.1
    Nov 7 ____5.1______ 58.2
    Nov 8 ____10.5 ____ 68.7
    exercise.png

Thanks for the great link! #21 was great and as a new runner I learned a TON from the entire article.

Thanks again!!
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,395 Member
    Options
    Stoshew71 wrote: »
    Date Miles today. Miles for October

11/8 13.1 miles 49.5 <<< PR'ed The Huntsville Half (1:40:51)

Congratulations! - that's an awesome time!

• shanaber
    Options

Total: 42.96 miles out of 100

Look at you almost 1/2 way to goal and still lots of November left!

• shanaber
    Options
    Date.......Miles.......Total
    11/01.... 7.37....... 7.37 - Rain run!
    11/02.... 1.54....... 8.91 - Dog Beach!
    11/03.... 6.41......15.32
    11/04.... 4.41......19.73 - Strength Training
    11/05.... 4.00......23.73 - Treadmill
    11/06.... 3.88......27.61 - Strength Training
    11/07.... 6.06......33.67
    11/08.... 3.56......37.23

exercise.png

Went to a concert last night and dinner after. Had to be up early for an appointment and ran after... I was exhausted during my run and even more so now. But the good news is my trip to Dallas was cancelled so I can run long tomorrow (after a good nights sleep)!
  • shanaber
    Options
    I was driving my daughter to school this morning and she said "Mom can you register me for the Bridge Street Half Marathon?". I was shocked she has never shown much interest in running a race over 10K. I'm so excited she wants to challenge herself like that.
    I'm so exited for you! Will you run it with her?

I'm going to register her, but I told her she can't run next to me. She just talks and talks and talks LOL She ran with me this morning. About mile 5 she said I'm going home and left me. She's run up to 7 miles with me so I know she can do the HM if she works some. It's not until April so she has plenty of time.
    I had the same question. I'm glad you will do it together but not... I am with you in not wanting to have someone just talk and talk during a run. I have run with friends and it is ok if it is a back and forth but having someone just talk at me would make me crazy.
    gabbo34 wrote: »
    With the colder weather coming next week, I'm going to try to buy some more winter gear this weekend. As a new runner, I'm struggling trying to figure out how many layers I will need for each run. It was 46 and sunny when I left this morning. The long sleeve base layer shirt and shorts were perfect. Next week it's forecast to be in the 30s in the morning...I'm thinking a thin running jacket as another layer...I'm worried about having too many clothes than not enough....any advice?
    I struggle with the right layers too. I always need far less clothing than I think I'm going to need. There's a good chart in this Runners World article. It's down the page at #21 the10 Degree Rule. Hope it helps!
    This is great information as is what Skippygirlsmom gave. When it is cold I wear layers on top and long running pants, but I always wear shirts/jackets I can take off and tie around my waist if I get too warm. I also sometimes layer shortsleeve shirts and wear sleeves that I can pull off and tie to my waist pack - they are less bulky than having a shirt or jacket tied around and come in different weights for different temps. Asics makes some good ones that don't slide down.

• skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    shanaber wrote: »

Total: 42.96 miles out of 100

Look at you almost 1/2 way to goal and still lots of November left!

I'm planning ahead for the days I'm a sissy and won't run because of the weather LOL

@fabnine and @gabbo34 - I don't mind so much a back and forth chat but she does things like "oh look I love that house" or asks the strangest questions like why cats can't fly. I just look at her like she's an alien LOL Also I know I'll hold her back, she can run so much faster than I can. I never want her to feel obligated to stay back with me. I want her to feel free to do her best.

• Daisy471
    Daisy471 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    11/2 - 10 miles
    11/5 - 3 miles
    11/7 - 12 miles

exercise.png
  • tweekedgirl
    tweekedgirl Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Got another 5 miles in this morning.
    exercise.png
  • davetheperson
    davetheperson Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    November 2, 3.1 miles (5K Race), 32 min (my worst 5K race time, stupid asthma)
    November 5, 5.25 miles
    November 8, 11 miles
    Total: 19.35 miles

exercise.png
  • stmadoesboy
    stmadoesboy Posts: 52 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Beautiful Scottish autumn morning. Longest run and fastest 10K (only done 2)
    Have added in tomorrow's rest day.

1/11 ill (manflu)
    2/11 ill (2nd day - obviously a serious dose of manflu)
    3/11 REST
    4/11 4.35
    5/11 4.25 (8.6)
    6/11 6.23 (14.83)
    7/11 REST
    8/11 3.15 (17.98)
    9/11 6.66 (24.64)
    10/11 REST

exercise.png
  • chesnity3
    chesnity3 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    It was so cold this morning and my legs were still sore from strength training, that I only got in 2 miles. Tomorrow is rest day, so hopefully Tuesday will be better.

exercise.png
  • _nikkiwolf_
    _nikkiwolf_ Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    1.11. - 8.6km
    3.11. - 4.5km
    5.11. - 5.7km
    7.11. - 4.4km
    9.11. - 10.3km :)

exercise.png

• FancyPantsFran
    FancyPantsFran Posts: 3,687 Member
    Options

exercise.png

• skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    11/1 - 6.2 first 10K completed!
    11/2 - rest day
    11/3 - 6.72 miles
    11/4 - 7.68 miles
    11/5 - 6.53 miles
    11/6 - rest day
    11/7 - 6.3 miles - okay I'm going to whine about the 25 mph wind out of the North. But will say it was cool to see the sun coming up in the East while the moon was going down in the West.
    11/8 - 9.53 miles
    11/9 - 4.42 miles

Total: 47.38 miles out of 100

I'll update ticker on Monday.
  • hansea47
    hansea47 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I ran my first half in September and haven't run at all since then. I need some accountability/motivation to get me back in my running shoes. Setting a low goal...I just need to get back off the couch!

exercise.png

• Remus42
    Remus42 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Totally a slow start to this month. Thanks in part to crazy rain storms and working a bunch of long days. Also I'm going to have to re-think my total for this month. With it starting to get cold here and raining a bunch more I think I'm going to scale back to 60k. But I'll always aim higher.
    Nov 1- 8k
    Nov 2 - work 12 hours
    Nov 3 - strength training
    Nov 4 - rest day
    Nov 5 - work
    Nov 6 - work
    Nov 7 - work nights
    Nov 8 - rest day/ nights do a number on a body
    Nov 9 - 4k
  • fabnine
    fabnine Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    1.11. - 8.6km
    3.11. - 4.5km
    5.11. - 5.7km
    7.11. - 4.4km
    9.11. - 10.3km :)

exercise.png

Nice running! We've just completed the first week in November & you're more than half way to your goal already.

• XX_Miss_RoseMary_XX
    Options
    1.75 done today using C25K
    6.53 total ran for the month

The ticker below shows my miles both walked and jogged!

exercise.png
  • maybyn
    maybyn Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Hope everyone is well and doing nicely.

I've had a bad bout of flu this past week and could hardly get out of bed. Did not do much running at all and then tried getting back on my feet on Sunday for a long trail run but rolled my ankle not even halfway through! Heard an audible snap of the tendon and boy, did it hurt.

11/2 - 17.40 (10k race/slow run home after that)
    11/3 - 12.52
    11/7 - stair reps
    11/9 - 9.32 trail

exercise.png