November Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• RunnerElizabeth
    RunnerElizabeth Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    Hmmm.... my total for the month is 26.2!!!!!
  • fabnine
    fabnine Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Hmmm.... my total for the month is 26.2!!!!!
    How was it???? You ran your Marathon, you must share Details!!!
  • Runningmischka
    Runningmischka Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Im going to go ahead and guess it was the NYC marathon? :) Tell us, tell us!
  • fabnine
    fabnine Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    ...I finished in 59:34.1, 2nd in my age group, 27th overall. I never thought I'd break the hour mark so I was very happy.
    That's the way to run a race, skippysmom! B) Knew you'd be awesome!!!

• skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    shanaber wrote: »

@shanaber - the downside was it was freezing, like 39 at race time (hello I live in Alabama) and the wind was about 25 mph and in your face more than half the distance. The upside was everyone there was awesome, we had the best time, I finished in 59:34.1, 2nd in my age group, 27th overall. I never thought I'd break the hour mark so I was very happy. There was a kid there, 7 years old, finished 3rd, he ran UNDER a 7 min mile pace for the whole thing! Thanks for asking.

That is a great accomplishment to be 2nd in your age group! Congratulations!!
    Awesome race for the 7 yo too! Maybe that is how his parents tire him out :smiley:

I ran my 10k PR in a race in Seattle with my daughter. It was an out and back and was raining and cold. For half the race the rain was blowing in your face and the other half it was just cold and wet! Pretty sure I ran so fast because I was just so cold!

LOL I couldn't decide if my legs were getting tired or freezing lol. Thanks - afterwards ny daughter said I should have run with you. Next one she will.
  • skippygirlsmom
    Options
    fabnine wrote: »
    ...I finished in 59:34.1, 2nd in my age group, 27th overall. I never thought I'd break the hour mark so I was very happy.
    That's the way to run a race, skippysmom! B) Knew you'd be awesome!!!

Thanks! I appreciated your kinds words and encouragement last week!
  • olgasgarden
    olgasgarden Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    i am in for 55 miles
  • InnerInsanity
    InnerInsanity Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Walked the same distance today as I did yesterday in almost ten minutes less time, I guess I was walking faster. So I only walked 20 minutes instead of 10. Will make it up tomorrow by walking 40 instead of 30.. thankfully tomorrow I'm at the community college which means I can walk their track, so I'll probably get even more time than that in. Hope everyone is having a great start to the month! (and if you're doing NaNoWriMo like me: happy 3k words!)
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,388 Member
    Options
    Date.......Miles.......Total
    11/01.... 7.37....... 7.37 - Rain run!
    11/02.... 1.54....... 8.91 - Dog Beach!

exercise.png
  • Ohhim
    Ohhim Posts: 1,142 Member
    Options
    Continuing to build up my base in prep for Disney, and racing R&R Vegas & an Olympic tri the next 2 weekends, so hoping to clear 160 miles this month.

- 11/1 - 6 miles (first time I tried some hashing)
    - 11/2 - 15 miles

Total: 21 miles
    Goal: 160 miles
  • ddmom0811
    ddmom0811 Posts: 1,878 Member
    Options
    shanaber wrote: »

I ran my 10k PR in a race in Seattle with my daughter. It was an out and back and was raining and cold. For half the race the rain was blowing in your face and the other half it was just cold and wet! Pretty sure I ran so fast because I was just so cold!

Congratulations on PR and on making it through in such miserable conditions!

Nov 1 - Biking 24 miles
    Nov 2 - Biking 20 miles
    Nov 3 - 4 miles

exercise.png
  • larrewl
    larrewl Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    exercise.png

Date - Run Miles
    11/1 - 5.8
    11/2 - 6.02
    11/3 - Taekwondo

Nov Total - 11.82 miles of 80 mile goal
  • MattNorrisUL
    MattNorrisUL Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I had my best run in months yesterday and it was due to motivation. I decided to listen to the Steve Austin podcast a friend recommended to me. He had one podcast about New Years Resolutions. Well he was cutting "wrestling style" motivational protos. I was almost laughing out loud as he laid into a guy who needed motivation to workout. In the process, my mile time dropped a full minute and it stayed that way for the entire 5K. I might have to try that again.
  • Minnygirl1
    Minnygirl1 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I ran a 3.5 easy miles today. Watched an episode of Survivor on my iPad while running on the treadmill. (Yes, the same ipad I'm holding up. Lol). Survivor is the perfect show to watch on the treadmill because I don't have really pay attention to it and don't really care who gets voted off but the challenges kinda keep me awake. Have a great day everyone!!!

exercise.png
  • golfbrew_matt
    golfbrew_matt Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I'm going to join again. My goal last month was 60 miles and I hit 80, but I've been sick the last couple of weeks. I'm still going to try to set a goal for 80 miles and we'll see what happens. Good luck everyone!
  • Stoshew71
    Stoshew71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    Options
    I have another two weeks before I can start running again, recovering from a stress fracture to my heel but will join in a few weeks!

Ouch! I am sorry. Hope you recover soon!
  • Stoshew71
    Stoshew71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    Options
    Date Miles today. Miles for October

11/1 14 miles - 14
    11/2 Much needed REST DAY
    11/3 6.2 miles - 20.2

exercise.png

• skippygirlsmom
    Options
    11/1 - 6.2 first 10K complete!