Juicing and cleansing

Options
Feeling good! On a light cleanse, and have been juicing more often. Not dieting all that much, but watching what I eat. Have lost 5 lbs already, there is 3 days left of 7 day cleanse and now I have to try to eat clean and drink lots of fresh juice and lemon cayan water. Felt, great at first. Then tired, because ate crappy food and drank a little wine but ready to be back on track in the morning. Challenge is to keep clean for the last three days and really rid my body of the toxins. What is your fave cleanse and what do you do to stay on track?

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Your body already cleanses itself of toxins, so this is unnecessary. Also that five pounds lost is nearly all water weight.
  • KylaDenay
    KylaDenay Posts: 1,585 Member
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »
    Your body already cleanses itself of toxins, so this is unnecessary. Also that five pounds lost is nearly all water weight.
    ^^^ basically. Your body is already naturally a cleansing machine.
  • Weightlosstips
    Weightlosstips Posts: 59 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Try for a permanent cleanse. Lemon in warm water 1st thing in the morning and throughout the day ;) . and ...just eliminate the crappy food. I know its not always possible but follow the routine.
  • LeonCX
    LeonCX Posts: 862 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    rkg2014 wrote: »
    There is no crappy food...
    Fried ice cream comes close. But it helps with detox!! :D

• jessilee119
    jessilee119 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
  • Weightlosstips
    Weightlosstips Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    rkg2014 wrote: »
    Try for a permanent cleanse. Lemon in warm water 1st thing in the morning and throughout the day ;) . and ...just eliminate the crappy food. I know its not always possible but follow the routine.

There is no crappy food...

I was merely quoting leelee870. ...are we touchy!!
  • MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    Options
    leelee870 wrote:
    Feeling good! On a light cleanse, and have been juicing more often. Not dieting all that much, but watching what I eat. Have lost 5 lbs already, there is 3 days left of 7 day cleanse and now I have to try to eat clean and drink lots of fresh juice and lemon cayan water. Felt, great at first. Then tired, because ate crappy food and drank a little wine but ready to be back on track in the morning. Challenge is to keep clean for the last three days and really rid my body of the toxins. What is your fave cleanse and what do you do to stay on track?
    Throwing in all the negative buzz words & idiotic ideas possible (other than binge eating or anorexia), first post, poor use of the language... :trollface:

If someone tried, it would be hard to create a more, um, well, my post would be deleted for abuse if I said what I really think of this post, but suffice to say that it's not complimentary.
  • amcook4
    amcook4 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    leelee870 wrote: »
    What is your fave cleanse and what do you do to stay on track?

My favorite cleanse is my liver, it seems to do a pretty good job!

And what I do to stay on track? Eat at a deficit and enjoy my food!
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    Juice cleanse? I am glad someone posted a mug above. I am just sorry that this is what the cleansing kit sellers have done to you....
  • Follow_me
    Follow_me Posts: 6,120 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    "You guys are super mean!! "

Welcome to MFP where people discourage posting. Cleanse away leelee. :-)
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    Wut?
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    You guys are super mean!! What is wrong with restarting your body? I don't have an eating disorder, thank you very much. I don't think being 15 lbs over weight, 150!!! After my second child is classified as an eating disorder, neither is starting with a light cleanse and 50% raw diet to try and lose the weight. If you are so terribly against it then that is your issue, which I can see you have many of. Forget this community, because it seems to me that you are a bunch of small minded people who are emotionally messed.
    LOL!
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    You guys are super mean!! What is wrong with restarting your body? I don't have an eating disorder, thank you very much. I don't think being 15 lbs over weight, 150!!! After my second child is classified as an eating disorder, neither is starting with a light cleanse and 50% raw diet to try and lose the weight. If you are so terribly against it then that is your issue, which I can see you have many of. Forget this community, because it seems to me that you are a bunch of small minded people who are emotionally messed.

Ummmm...it never stopped so there's no reason to restart it. It's not a car.
  • leelee870
    Options
    Lol, whatever guys. Be (insert swear here) if you wish, but if you are so against it maybe you should try to open your mind a little, the world isn't quite as cut and dry as you may think. Health is more than counting calories and sweating away at the gym. Read, watch indie documentaries and think holistic instead of thin.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Well, this post went like every single other cleanse post ever. Is there popcorn yet or are the gifs late?
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    What toxins did your cleanse rid your body of? More specifically, which toxins that are not already expelled by your body naturally?
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options

And there it is!

Our point is you don't need to cleanse anything from your body, as your liver and kidneys already do that. If you want to lose weight, all that is needed is eating less than you burn. Any special diets like this will only help you out temporarily, if at all. They don't teach you how to properly feed your body.
  • jkwolly
    Options
    Lol, whatever guys. Be (insert swear here) if you wish, but if you are so against it maybe you should try to open your mind a little, the world isn't quite as cut and dry as you may think. Health is more than counting calories and sweating away at the gym. Read, watch indie documentaries and think holistic instead of thin.
    Please explain to me what toxins your body gets rid of from a cleanse that your liver/kidneys do not do on a regular basis?

• jkwolly
    Options
    Well, this post went like every single other cleanse post ever. Is there popcorn yet or are the gifs late?
    Mean/angry popcorn gifs only, please.
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options

No... they aren't being mean... they are being truthful and to the point... despite what Dr. Oz and the other quack tv doctors say there is no need to "do a detox/cleanse" your body does that well enough on it's own... Just eat a balanced diet in proper portions and you will lose weight... there is no need to suffer through juices and lemon water... and really? calling people small minded and emotionally messed is more mean than people telling you this isn't a necessary thing to do and you could very well do more damage than good.