Replies

• jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    AZKristi wrote: »
    999tigger wrote: »
    Its just food.

Food rots. McMuffins do not.

That being said, an occasional McMuffin won't derail you.
    Ah, I now see how I can preserve my body and live longer - eat all the McMuffins!
  • akboy58
    akboy58 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Seriously fond of the Egg White Delight McMuffin, and would pine away if I didn't indulge once in a while. When I indulge I get the meal, because HASH BROWN.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    jstrun wrote: »
    malibu927 wrote: »
    If you're still in a calorie deficit, there's nothing wrong with one every once in a while.

And now I want a McGriddle...

mmmm McGriddle....best creation ever.

I've never had one, mostly because they sounded gross. I have since been introduced to wonderful savory/sweet combos such as chicken and waffles, and I'd be willing to give it a try. But, I just usually don't go to McDonalds or much in the way of fast food really.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Ugh, I suck at foruming this morning

• jkwolly
    Options
    auddii wrote: »
    Ugh, I suck at foruming this morning
    Too early to forum, I guess.
  • goddessofawesome
    goddessofawesome Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    ahamm002 wrote: »
    As long as you make sure to fit it into your daily calories and macro's then it won't derail your short-term weightloss.

However, if you make a habit of going to McDonald's drive thru often, you may be setting yourself up for long term failure. At some point, you're going to have less motivation and all those hash brown, sugary drinks, etc., that are on McDonald's menu are going to look very appetizing.

I disagree with the second half of this. I go to McDonalds in the morning before and after my workout for coffee (and to whoever said the coffee is crap, the stuff they serve where I live is awesome. Better than Dunkin' Donuts for sure). Yes, I sit in the drive through and look at the food on the menu but it's not appealing to me. Never mind how many calories are in some of those meals!

OP: If you want to have an egg mcmufin for breakfast go for it. At 300 calories it's not going to ruin your entire day.

• lovecriminal
    lovecriminal Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    funchords wrote: »
    Poofersgrl wrote: »
    once in a while I like to stop there to get an egg mcmuffin. Are they ok or will that derail my day?
    Put it in your log and see what it does. If you like it, then order it. If you don't, then delete it.
    Wow - great tip - agreed !

• PwrLftr82
    PwrLftr82 Posts: 945 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    auddii wrote: »
    PwrLftr82 wrote: »
    In for hash browns!

Seriously, why is there not a like button yet?!

Nooooooooooo kidding. Yet the "abuse" button seems readily available :'(
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Poofersgrl wrote: »
    once in a while I like to stop there to get an egg mcmuffin. Are they ok or will that derail my day?

fine IIFYM
  • 20yearsyounger
    20yearsyounger Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    I eat McDonalds 2-3 times a week. Heck, I downloaded the nutritional menu on my phone. Didn't stop me from losing weight and my last set of blood work was really good. If you like it, then get it. Just make it work within your calories.
  • wibutterflymagic
    wibutterflymagic Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    Do you really think one sandwich is going to make or break your entire day? Do you plan on losing all the weight you want in one day?? Then no, one sandwich, one day or even one week is not going to determine whether you are successful. Is a fast food breakfast the best choice, no, but if you have to have fast food it's not horrible. It's only around 300-350 calories if memory serves me.
  • delainepittman
    delainepittman Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I have one if I am on the road and any other options sound worse. I really prefer to make my own at home and have them pretty often, even for lunch sometimes.
  • MelanieRBrace
    MelanieRBrace Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Eat it if it's within your calorie goal. Simple.
  • KylaDenay
    KylaDenay Posts: 1,585 Member
    Options
    I think not, but depends on you and if you let it derail your day.

I sometimes go and get a sausage, egg and cheese biscuit along with a hashbrown. That doesn't derail my day.

If it fits than eat it :)
  • KylaDenay
    KylaDenay Posts: 1,585 Member
    Options
    jkwolly wrote: »
    The coffee is crap, but the McMuffins are good.
    Wha? Maybe in the US it's totes different, but here in Western Canada they actually have pretty darn decent coffee.

Nowhere near Starbucks or any local coffee shops, but for a quick pinch it totally beats that nasty brown liquid from Tim Horton's that everyone and their dog raves about.
    I personally love McDonald's coffee. Maybe it is different here in Florida too idk...

• eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    Wha? Maybe in the US it's totes different, but here in Western Canada they actually have pretty darn decent coffee.

Nowhere near Starbucks or any local coffee shops, but for a quick pinch it totally beats that nasty brown liquid from Tim Horton's that everyone and their dog raves about.

Starbucks isnt really coffee. It is coffee mixed with mountains of other flavours which defeat the point of the word coffee. Why is every drink that they bring out nowadays more or less a fruit smoothie or toffee milkshake type drink? Plus they will charge you a fortune for the privilege.
  • dtcjem
    dtcjem Posts: 76 Member
    Options

I love their coffee and at $1.09 for anysize I am in.... try that at a starbucks or Horties. Can't say that for the egg McMuffin though ...too big of a trigger food for me.
  • amcook4
    amcook4 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    JenAndSome wrote: »
    300 Calories
    18g protein
    29g carbs
    12g fat

Looks okay to me.

300 calories and 18 g of protein is a pretty decent breakfast, 300 calories is around what i have for breakfast every day anyway.

I currently get a McMuffin every so often for breakfast, still managed to lose over 50 pounds. Of course, if you start doing what i was doing pre-weight loss, then you are in trouble! (Drive thru every work day, McMuffin AND a McGriddle, because apparently two sandwiches were better than one!)

Just log it, and make it fit into your day, no need to deprive yourself of things you enjoy if you can make it fit your goals.
  • jkwolly
    edited November 2014
    Options
    eldamiano wrote: »

Starbucks isnt really coffee. It is coffee mixed with mountains of other flavours which defeat the point of the word coffee. Why is every drink that they bring out nowadays more or less a fruit smoothie or toffee milkshake type drink? Plus they will charge you a fortune for the privilege.
    I am pretty sure the Americano I get is straight up espresso.

Not talking about Lattes or Fraps or smoothies.