What's your mantra?

Replies

• sseqwnp
    sseqwnp Posts: 327 Member
    I don't need a mantra .. I don't need a mantra ... I don't need a mantra ....
  • giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    This might be a little cheesy, but through practicing meditative yoga for a few years I developed a phrase that I repeat to guide my thoughts.

It goes "Grace and courage in all things"

If I were a tattoo person I would put this on my body.
  • BenjaminMFP88
    BenjaminMFP88 Posts: 660 Member
    lefty421 wrote: »
    What are some positive, encouraging words you say to yourself to keep yourself motivated? What's your mantra, slogan, motto, catchphrase?
    I'm attending two events with buffets this weekend - yikes! - and I may need to borrow a few new mantras!

I sound like a highschool twerp but this song, not so much the video...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7TPS_UTBKA

• SMKing75
    SMKing75 Posts: 84 Member
    Like my "good" friend Gavin DeGraw says, "In this world, he who stops, won't get anything he wants"

and I think about this everyday!

• Dreamfar628
    Dreamfar628 Posts: 1 Member
    I've been reading through all these mantras and I think they're all great!
    I just couldn't resist adding a quote I read earlier today that I found amusing and encouraging when I feel like I'm going to slip up and not stick to the plan:

"Everyone has a plan until they get punch in the face." - Mike Tyson
  • svelte32
    svelte32 Posts: 77 Member
    Hey I really like all these ideas! This is really cheezy but just thought of the little engine that could only I was thinking "I know I can, I know I can...!
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Life is 10% what happens to me, and 90% how I react to it.

Attitude is everything.

What I tell my boys every morning when I drop them off for school is, "Be good friends, be good leaders and not followers, and make good choices. Love you."

• PinkyPan1
    PinkyPan1 Posts: 3,018 Member
    iys49g62mdhm.jpg

This is my favorite at the moment. I am well aware that there are those who think I am going through a phase. Just watch me prove them wrong!

60817891.png
  • PinkyPan1
    PinkyPan1 Posts: 3,018 Member
    edited November 2014
  • CynthiasChoice
    CynthiasChoice Posts: 1,047 Member
    I just thought to visit this thread again. I'm only a month late!
    So many great quotes - thanks to all you brilliant people, I have a treasure trove of quick attitude adjusters. I just have to commit them to memory now.

Does anyone else want to share a quote to help us keep our commitments going through the holiday parties and gifts of edible goodies?
  • AmigaMaria001
    AmigaMaria001 Posts: 489 Member
    Absolutely nothing tastes as good as skinny feels!
  • CynthiasChoice
    CynthiasChoice Posts: 1,047 Member
    giggitygoo wrote: »
    This might be a little cheesy, but through practicing meditative yoga for a few years I developed a phrase that I repeat to guide my thoughts.

It goes "Grace and courage in all things"

If I were a tattoo person I would put this on my body.

This one's now at the top of my list. Thank you!
  • bulbadoof
    bulbadoof Posts: 1,058 Member
    When faced with food I might want, I let myself fantasize about it for a while, go and have a single bite, realize it doesn't taste as good as I was building it up to be in my head, and think to myself "I can do better than that."

If it IS as good as I thought it would be, I make room for it and don't deprive myself.
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,261 Member
    dont give up no matter what happens.
    no foods are bad foods unless they taste nasty
  • sheepotato
    sheepotato Posts: 600 Member
    Progress makes perfect
  • blissfuldrake
    blissfuldrake Posts: 128 Member
    ONE MORE STEP Sounds rather odd for MS person, but the meaning is 'don't give up, never give in' (LOL WHICH MOVIE DID THAT COME FROM?)...actually, it is a reminder to me that I only have to take ONE MORE STEP...no matter how tired I am...I can do ONE MORE STEP. No matter how tempted I am, I can do...ONE MORE STEP. Gets me through a lot.

Another mantra refers to procrastination. If I want to succumb to temptation, I just think "LATER"...by the time later comes, I'll have forgotten about it...use the short term memory loss to our advantage...LOL This really works for me.
  • tomatoey
    tomatoey Posts: 5,459 Member
    No mantra really, more like a rule - "do something physical every day".
  • CipherZero
    CipherZero Posts: 1,418 Member
    Absolutely nothing tastes as good as skinny feels!

I always change this to Absolutely nothing tastes as good as strong feels.
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Right now, my mantra is the same as my advice to others; do what you can now.
  • LiveLoveLift67
    LiveLoveLift67 Posts: 895 Member
    Mine is actually taken from Under Armor......I WILL what i WANT.