Younger girl dating older guys?

Options

Replies

• FabulousFantasticFifty
    FabulousFantasticFifty Posts: 195,833 Member
    Options
    I think as long as there are a lot of common interests and they make each other happy it's totally fine as long as one is not using or taking advantage of the other.
    What about if it were turned around? Older women dating younger men?
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    ...it's totally fine as long as one is not using or taking advantage of the other.

Well you're no fun.

• djeffreys10
    djeffreys10 Posts: 2,312 Member
    Options
    Don't think I could see someone younger than their mid 20s as much more than just a fun way to pass the time.
  • pscarolina
    pscarolina Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    *note* I think the OP was talking about "older" men being in their late 20's & early 30's, not so much 40's & 50's with a 19 year old.
  • wilsoncl6
    wilsoncl6 Posts: 1,288 Member
    Options
    In my 20's and early 30's I was never attracted to women younger than me or even my own age. A lot of younger women came with a lot of drama, emotional baggage and dependency issues that just killed a relationship. Generally, the older a woman gets, the more secure she is with herself and the more she understands her needs and wants and are willing to express them. However, the same can be said about a lot of guys too. Older women were always more my thing. Guys generally mature mentally and emotionally slower than women and take some time to catch up. Anyway, women get to their sexual peak right around the time men start burning out, that's why I understand older women that date younger men but older men that date younger women for anything other than arm candy.
  • FabulousFantasticFifty
    Options
    wilsoncl6 wrote: »
    In my 20's and early 30's I was never attracted to women younger than me or even my own age. A lot of younger women came with a lot of drama, emotional baggage and dependency issues that just killed a relationship. Generally, the older a woman gets, the more secure she is with herself and the more she understands her needs and wants and are willing to express them. However, the same can be said about a lot of guys too. Older women were always more my thing. Guys generally mature mentally and emotionally slower than women and take some time to catch up. Anyway, women get to their sexual peak right around the time men start burning out, that's why I understand older women that date younger men but older men that date younger women for anything other than arm candy.

He knows what he's talking about! :)

• ItsMeGee3
    ItsMeGee3 Posts: 13,255 Member
    Options
    My husband is 15 years older than I am.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    jazzy_45 wrote: »
    Guys in their late 20's and early 30's (or whatever age), would you ever consider dating (not just sleeping with) a 19 year old girl? Does age not matter, or is their just too much of an age gap? Do you guys take younger girls seriously or just use them for fun? Just looking to hear opinions on why and why not.

20's and 30's is the definition of "older guys". Then I rate as 2 to 3 older guys. Does that mean I get 2 to 3 gals?

• Sinistrous
    Sinistrous Posts: 5,589 Member
    Options
    Depends on the person, tbh.

My guy's 31, I'm 29.
  • jennyhoon
    jennyhoon Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    wilsoncl6 wrote: »

*Thumbs up for you* :drinker:
  • sunglasses_and_ocean_waves
    Options
    I know you didn't ask about women dating younger men, but I wouldn't go near a teen, and I go for young men.
  • 11mike
    11mike Posts: 159
    Options
    the youngest I would go is 10-15 younger than me
  • FabulousFantasticFifty
    Options
    Thoughts on Mature Woman dating Younger Guys???
  • Sinistrous
    Sinistrous Posts: 5,589 Member
    Options

My thought: Nobody has the right to tell anyone else who they should or should not date.
  • OnceBitt2xshy34
    Options
    Sinistrous wrote: »

My thought: Nobody has the right to tell anyone else who they should or should not date.

This^^^^ what Sin said

as long as consenting adults, it is their business

• Atrocity108
    Atrocity108 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Yes, but that all depends. She would have to be on the same pattern as me (Life goals, life style, ect)
  • OnceBitt2xshy34
    Options
    well true you should have similar goals, things in common, attraction, etc or why bother anyways... :)
  • kangakev
    kangakev Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    in my dreams :'(
  • roanokejoe49
    roanokejoe49 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    As a college instructor, opportunities to date really young women (19-22) happen, but I never act on them. I don't even ask women out I know to be younger than 30. I will let someone in their late 20's make the first move.
  • RoseyDgirl
    RoseyDgirl Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    I think 5 years in either direction, with a cut off at 20. Only teens should be dating teenagers.

As a female in mid 40s, id consider the 5 year rule. I really dont want to be someone's jaguar. Highend cougar. Or someone's trophy... .

so yes, 5 year rule. Makes for an even playing ground.