Is 160 pounds too fat to wear a bikini?

Options
12346»

Replies

• kittyd7015
    kittyd7015 Posts: 4,546 Member
    Options
    omg ur mum sounds lik mine lol. I wore one in my profile pic i was just short of 160 lik 157 I think. I thought I looked ok but she was like your to fat for that xxx
  • kp7665
    kp7665 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    If you want to wear a bikini, just put on on your body. Nobody is EVER too fat for a bikini. If you want to wear a bikini, go and flaunt that bikini. If you don't want to wear a bikini, then don't. Do whatever you're comfortable with. :smile:
  • allaboutthecake
    allaboutthecake Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    Don't forget your sunblock with that bikini :)
  • brendawhite2765
    brendawhite2765 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    If you're happy and confident enough to wear it - you go for it. I've seen people who weigh 160 and they have great body tone and look much better than someone else weighing 120 but with rubbish tone. Your call.
  • lexbubbles
    lexbubbles Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    How to get a bikini body:

put a bikini on your body
  • Mamahana82
    Options
    Depends on the bikini and where you carry extra fat that makes you self conscious. The best swimsuit is one you can rock without having to think so much about your body while wearing it. And that depends on the fit and cut. But not all two piece swimsuits are created equal! For example, I can rock a bikini at your measurements, but at a bra size 34DD, I can never confidently pull off the triangle bikinis because my boobage doesn't fit.

Altheta has some amazing bikini options that will work for that though. Still thoroughly a bikini, but a cut that works with your curves, not assumes you don't have them.
  • lmr0528
    lmr0528 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    What everyone else has said.. if you feel comfortable and want to wear a bikini, then go for it!! Who cares what anyone else thinks. You're the only one who matters.
  • grapefruitannie
    grapefruitannie Posts: 122 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Your Mumma should tell you don't worry about your size.... Some boys like a little more booty to hold at night................. But im here to tell you .. if your comfortable with it ... every inch of you is perfect from the bottom to the top xxxxxxxx
  • RITA61TYPE2
    RITA61TYPE2 Posts: 8
    edited November 2014
    Options
    :)<3 Good for you, Sweety. You are just fine, young and should enjoy life as much as you can. Who cares about your mother's negative opinion. Opinions are like butt-holes...everybody has one. Wear it!
  • Miss_1999
    Miss_1999 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8, I weigh 216lbs, and I wear a bikini. I've got all kinds of skin hanging off of me. I simply don't care. If people don't like it, don't look at it. It's there. It's gonna be a couple of years before it gets cut off, and it's the easiest way to tan. Yes, I'm one of *those* people who still tan out in the sun.
  • roanokejoe49
    roanokejoe49 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    Mamahana82 wrote: »
    Depends on the bikini and where you carry extra fat that makes you self conscious. The best swimsuit is one you can rock without having to think so much about your body while wearing it. And that depends on the fit and cut. But not all two piece swimsuits are created equal! For example, I can rock a bikini at your measurements, but at a bra size 34DD, I can never confidently pull off the triangle bikinis because my boobage doesn't fit.

Altheta has some amazing bikini options that will work for that though. Still thoroughly a bikini, but a cut that works with your curves, not assumes you don't have them.
    Heheheheheh...boobage can't fit in her bikini. Heeheheheheheheh (I am so 12).
  • Wronkletoad
    Wronkletoad Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    My mom told me I don't have the body to wear a bikini. .

I apologize in advance for what I"m going to say:

SHE CAN STUFF IT UP HER ARSCH. THIS IS THE HALLMARK OF A TERRIBLE PERSON. WTF. A MOM SAYING CRAP LIKE THAT TO HER KID????????? WTF... BAD PERSON. BAD.

this is more than rolled up newspaper bad. ARGH ("censored" beeps going off)

If you'd like to - go for it. Her sentiment really gets me pissed off. I really hate that type of comment. If you would like to dress X, Y, Z, that's up to you. if you really like a look, own it! it's yours.

argh.

• D_squareG
    D_squareG Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Wear whatever you feel comfortable in. Confidence is what makes a woman beautiful.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    Lauryn2888 wrote: »
    I don't care if you're 95 pounds or 300 pounds, if you feel confident and comfortable in a bikini, do it!

There is no weight limit!

mwuah!

This
  • CupcakeCrusoe
    CupcakeCrusoe Posts: 1,374 Member
    Options
    Agreed with everyone here. I'm your height, and I've worn bikinis at 180, in the 170s, and I plan on wearing one to the beach in a month, and I'm now currently mid-150s. And you know what? At every weight, I've gotten complimented on my bikinis.

Wear the bikini, and know you're the hottest thing on the beach, and you will be.
  • redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    Do you have a body? If so, you have a bikini body.

And anyone who says otherwise is self righteous and not worth worrying about. .

Damn, She stole my line. Damn redheads. :smiley:
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    wear it.
  • brightsideofpink
    brightsideofpink Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    I know this is an old thread, but anyone reading should check out another current thread on bathing suit before and afters. There are ladies of various sizes there totally rocking their bikinis! If I can figure out how to hold up my giant girls in a two piece, I'll be doing the same soon!
  • DarbiB
    DarbiB Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I know this is an old thread, but anyone reading should check out another current thread on bathing suit before and afters. There are ladies of various sizes there totally rocking their bikinis! If I can figure out how to hold up my giant girls in a two piece, I'll be doing the same soon!

Try Black Cat Bikinis! They're a little $$$ but they're custom to your measurements and really really cute and retro!

re: 160 being too fat for a bikini. HAHAHA.

If it feels good, do it. I was 5'6, 205+ wearing a bikini. IDGAF. My jiggly bits like sunshine, just like the rest of me! I got compliments, but thats not the point. Just find something that you're comfortable in, and wear it to the water.
  • AliciaStinger
    AliciaStinger Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and 203 pounds. If I were more comfortable showing some skin (as it is, I don't even really wear shorts), I would wear a bikini. I'm not toned, I jiggle, and I have back fat. Do I look like a magazine model? No. Do I think look good? Hell yeah!

But that's the issue, right there: who cares if I "look good"? When I choose my clothes in the morning I choose the ones that are clean and comfortable. I don't choose them because I feel I will be criticized less in one outfit than another. I'm not dressing for ANYONE ELSE. I'm dressing because most of society expects certain parts to be covered, and wearing a bikini satisfies that requirement. IT'S YOUR BODY AND YOU DON'T OWE ANYONE ANYTHING.

If anyone has a problem with how you look in a bikini, they can turn away - but more likely, you'll look great, and they'll want to keep looking. Even more likely, they'll think of it like any other beach outfit and they'll be paying attention to the volleyball or beach ball, surf board, splash fights, or whatever else you do on the beach. Don't let someone else's perception, jealousy, or society's screwy beliefs about body shapes and sizes dictate what you wear or how you feel about yourself.

Have fun rockin' that bikini!