Females only - lifting/weight training results?

Options

Replies

• Phaedra2014
    Phaedra2014 Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    What do I have to do to look like you ladies?
  • kaycarre
    kaycarre Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Whenever I'm feeling unmotivated I'm going to come here and reread all of your awesome stories and check out all of these incredible pictures and transformations. :)
  • kaydensmom2009
    kaydensmom2009 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    bump
  • engodwin
    engodwin Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    All of you are AWESOME!!!
  • Cc215
    Cc215 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    What do I have to do to look like you ladies?

I'm not there yet - I'm no where near it - but I've been inspired by the ladies here that do look like this.

So I've started to do what they do - I pick up something heavy - I put it down - I do this again and again. Then I add some more weight to the heavy things. And I love doing it. Don't get me wrong - it has a down side. I don't like the calluses on my hands. I hate to fail on a lift - seriously pisses me off - gonna have to learn how to deal with lift failure! But that's it. The gains are incredible. I won't be giving this up!

I'm no where near where these ladies are - but I'm on my way - my progress pics tell me so!
  • whilehesaway
    Options
    bump :) inspiration!
  • bschoo01
    bschoo01 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    bump! let's get more pics :)
  • MargueriteMuguet
    MargueriteMuguet Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Hello! I ve been inspired more than once by all of you amazing women!
    I'm on my first week of lifting and i am truly loving it! It's so empowering!!!
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    <---- Lifting for a little over a year.
  • aimesuk
    aimesuk Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Hi all *waves*

I joined MFP a long time ago, have cycled through losing and gaining and have hit a really high weight :(

I want to lose 70-80lbs, I am joining the gym on Friday. I know have a job where I will actually have time to go!

Would you recommend weight training as well as cardio? I was thinking of couch to 5k for the cardio portion and 3 sessions of weights (I'll let the pros in the gym suggest what!).

Has anyone lost loads of weight and started weight training immediately? I admit I don't really know what 'bulking' is, I just want to lose weight, look good, and feel healthy! I want my body to look smooth and toned and not just thin and cellulitey.

What would you suggest - other than keeping this thread alive for inspiration! :D
  • These posts are very encouraging. I love lifting but always feel i need to devote more of my time to cardio- obviously not. Hardest part about lifting though is figuring out exactly what to do.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    aimesuk wrote: »
    Hi all *waves*

I joined MFP a long time ago, have cycled through losing and gaining and have hit a really high weight :(

I want to lose 70-80lbs, I am joining the gym on Friday. I know have a job where I will actually have time to go!

Would you recommend weight training as well as cardio? I was thinking of couch to 5k for the cardio portion and 3 sessions of weights (I'll let the pros in the gym suggest what!).

Has anyone lost loads of weight and started weight training immediately? I admit I don't really know what 'bulking' is, I just want to lose weight, look good, and feel healthy! I want my body to look smooth and toned and not just thin and cellulitey.

What would you suggest - other than keeping this thread alive for inspiration! :D

Absolutely. Do not wait. I lost all of my weight with very little cardio, a lot of weight lifting, and a calorie deficit. I can't imagine what my body would look like now if I had not lifted. Almost every post I read on the topic is either "I'm glad I did it" or "I wish I had done it".

Also, personally-I think it is a LOT more fun than cardio.
  • noexcusesjustresults2014
    Options
    change_21 wrote: »
    As much as I enjoy looking at a buff man, it seems much harder to bulk up as a woman.

When I took a weight training in college it didn't seem to do much at the time. I've always had very weak arms. But I want to change that.

I'm planning on starting to lift/weight train again but I would love to see some before/after pics to get me more inspired/motivated.

It is much harder to gain muscle. For me its mainly about muscle preservation while I lose a few pounds. As a runner I don't need a ton of muscle because I prefer to keep my weight as low as possible for my races (while still at a healthy BMI).

I lift to preserve muscle and reduce injury risk when I run.

• randomtai
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    Hi all *waves*

Absolutely. Do not wait. I lost all of my weight with very little cardio, a lot of weight lifting, and a calorie deficit. I can't imagine what my body would look like now if I had not lifted. Almost every post I read on the topic is either "I'm glad I did it" or "I wish I had done it".

All of this for me too!!
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    randomtai wrote: »
    Hi all *waves*

All of this for me too!!

Although! Now that I'm closer to goal I'm finding I really should be doing more cardio to help keep my deficit better in line. It is SO hard for me. Sometimes I'm proud if I do 10 minutes.
  • randomtai
    Options
    randomtai wrote: »
    Hi all *waves*

All of this for me too!!

Although! Now that I'm closer to goal I'm finding I really should be doing more cardio to help keep my deficit better in line. It is SO hard for me. Sometimes I'm proud if I do 10 minutes.

Same here... If I was able to tolerate more cardio I would be at goal weight, instead I like to eat and lift and can only deal with cardio in 5-10 minute intervals LOL. I have been trying more lifting based cardio (complexes, kettlebells and medicine balls) but I still hate it. Bleh.
  • aimesuk
    aimesuk Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Thanks!

Just what I needed to hear. I think one of the reasons (aside from laziness of course) I have never been able to really lose weight effectively is I get bored with cardio.

I'm meal planning tonight to get ready for the diet - my husband is going to join me on that. Friday I will join the gym, and with a bit of luck and hard work, the only way is down lol!

Maybe in a few months time I'll be posting my own success story...
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,368 Member
    Options

FIrsttan.jpg

I WANT those shoulders. <3

If I have one ultimate goal in lifting, it's to have shoulders like that.
  • laineylynnfit
    laineylynnfit Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Here are my most recent ones. Started lifting light weights in January of this year, then in June, I added bodyweight exercises and heavier lifting. All at home and I love it! Still have 20-25lbs to go!

300.jpg

IMG_1422-Copy-Copy-1.jpg

So Awesome!!!!!
  • xsqueakme85
    xsqueakme85 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    This is where I want to be one day! Your body is perfect~! Awesome work
    llb1216 wrote: »
    Here are my most recent ones. Started lifting light weights in January of this year, then in June, I added bodyweight exercises and heavier lifting. All at home and I love it! Still have 20-25lbs to go!

300.jpg

IMG_1422-Copy-Copy-1.jpg

So Awesome!!!!!