What's Your Most Recent NSV

Options

Replies

• Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    I went to a 60s do and wore a 60s minidress and got lots of compliments

I wore a minidress and I didn't hate it ...that's huge!
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    And I went to buy a new jumper and had to ask the sales lady if she had anything more fitted because the boxy shape doesn't suit me and she cocked her head to one side and said "yeah, you're trying on the wrong size" and brought me a UK size 12 (US 8) that fit beautifully

I think I'm starting to enjoy clothes shopping which is a huge revelation as I've always hated it
  • CJsf1t
    CJsf1t Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    In March, I tried this skirt on in the Betty Page store in San Diego.
    It didn't even close to fit, and I cried in the dressing room. I bought it anyway because it was on clearance.

Today, it fits. Easily.

h8xs4mhiwzl9.jpg

Its such a cute skirt! I love it. Hope I can rock one someday. I bet you look great in it!
  • oORosadaOo
    oORosadaOo Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Yesterday's selfie with my bf is the first one in months where I have only one chin, not multiple!

Congrats HappyCampr1, that's so sweet!
  • MamaRiss
    MamaRiss Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    Had to take my rings in to get resized so I wouldn't lose them, and bought size 2 jeans yesterday!!!!!!!!! Down from tight fitting 16's in Marcch
  • Gmtribble90
    Gmtribble90 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Actually went in the junior's department and bought a size large. I used to have to buy either the normal women's or junior plus. This was a big moment for me lol
  • fallenluna
    fallenluna Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I bought these yoga pants in large a few months back and only have used them a few times to workout in them. Recently started wearing them as pjs and now i have to be careful when I walk because they slowly start to slide down lol.
  • pippaw21
    pippaw21 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I had to buy new bras in September and I might have to again - I'm on the tightest hook and it still feels loose.

Plus for the first time in probably a decade I'm wearing a men's L T-shirt and it fits properly (graphics on front aren't stretched out, it's not tight)! I was with my mum when I bought it and she tried to get me to buy an XL and didn't think the L would fit - can't wait to show her that it does when I see her again!

And I'm probably going to have to throw out some of my underwear for being too big - I think I'm down about one and a half to two sizes, and some pairs are just huge and falling off me.

And I'm still wearing my original skinny jeans, they're just hugely baggy on me now haha
  • LazPagz
    LazPagz Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I just busted out last year's winter jacket and it is enormous on me. :)

me too! sold it on eBay and put the money towards a new, smaller coat!
  • SteampunkSongbird
    SteampunkSongbird Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    I think this feed is my most favorite encourager on all of MFP.
    It's the baby steps and NSV's that keep us going; seeing what makes others feel successful helps me to stay focused and looking for the next NSV.
    Kudos to all of you with your successes and NSV's
    I am so thankful that my friend told me about MFP because without it, I'd still be fat and "Thinking" about going on a diet instead of starting a new and healthy lifestyle.
    My best NSV today was reading all your posts. So thank you again - all of you!
    Keep up the good work.
    58369279.png

Completely agree! Reading all these achievements, whether big or small, always makes me feel positive and more able to accept my own achievements (I normally really struggle with that.) Kudos to everyone in this thread.
  • amehh91
    amehh91 Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    This might be a bit of a strange one but I finally fitted into a dress I bought 2 years ago, woop! So I decided to try on a pre-pregnancy skirt that I used to love, that hasn't been close to zipping up for years. As I pulled it up I thought, uh oh, this isn't going to do up, I shouldn't have tried this on just yet, oh well keep going anyway, let's see the damage. Anyway, after sucking my stomach in to the point of discomfort it zipped up! So it's totally not wearable yet but it did zip up. I can't really explain why this made me smile but I guess it's because I AM making progress, even if I can't see it in the mirror yet.

Also I am tracking my weight daily and I have realised certain things which cause my weight to fluctuate, and this has made me happy because I have learnt something new and feel more in control now (I.e. I'm going to eat these soy sauce noodles and my weight will go up tomorrow but that's okay because it's water weight from the crazy sodium and I just need to be mindful and keep sipping my water)
  • catb58
    catb58 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Got my first check from the consignment shop where I just started taking my "outgrown" clothes. Have an IKEA bag packed full of the next load of stuff. :smile:
  • 40andFindingFitness
    Options
    My most recent is going to the store over the weekend and buying large shirts. May not be much of an accomplishment to many but coming from a 26W I couldn't be happier. B)
  • whovian67
    whovian67 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    1/2 shoe size smaller and my jeans fell down to my knees when I was visiting my mom last week......
  • ivygirl1937
    ivygirl1937 Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    Found a dress I fell in love with on clearance, was so disappointed they didn't have my size (the biggest one they had was a large, I started out wearing 3x's, I haven't bought clothes really since starting to lose weight), decided to try it on anyway just out of desperation, and the size large fit and zipped!! I was so thrilled I almost couldn't breathe from excitement! It's a little tighter than I normally wear and it's a forgiving fabric, but I have a size large in my closet again! I haven't been that size since I was a freshman in college!!
  • ZBuffBod
    ZBuffBod Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Lost 1 inch from my bust, waist, and hip when I measured on Sunday. My slacks are too big and several persons remarked that my clothes were getting too big. The three rolls of fat on either side of my back are down to one roll on one side and one and a half on the other.
  • coueswhitetail
    coueswhitetail Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I can actually take off a pair of jeans I have without unbuttoning them! I hadn't realized that until yesterday!
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    BRaye325 wrote: »
    Appointment with the Dr. this morning - taken off my high blood pressure meds! I've gone from 5 prescriptions, now down to 2.

That is truly awesome!

• amcook4
    amcook4 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    Over the weekend I wore a new fleece zip up, with one of my old sweatshirts over it!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!