Just for Today

Options

Replies

• merrycheese
    merrycheese Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    RavenLibra wrote: »
    I haven't quit smoking... I am just seeing how long I can go without one.. so far... 1300 days

• merrycheese
    merrycheese Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    congratulations!!!
  • let1179
    let1179 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Just for today I will make no excuses!
  • swmango
    Options
    I like the 'just for today' mentality. I need to keep it simple, I want to set a long term goal, but setting a long term goal scares the ---- out of me. I've set so many and then go off my fitness plan.

So, just for today, I will avoid sugar. Choccolate in particular. And I will do 20 minutes of strength training.

Any suggestions for a beginner strength traing plan using free weights? I see a million of them on line. Thanks for your suggestions!!
  • swmango
    Options
    Oh yeah! A food plan. Thank you cricketkate for that reminder.
  • Mommyof3CrazyBoys
    Mommyof3CrazyBoys Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Just for today, I will not beat myself up for over ewting junk food yesterday and I will look at today as another day to stay on track. Food and obesity will not defeat me.
  • cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,265 Member
    Options
    Just for Today: I'll be glad for glorious weather (California) and get my steps in first thing.
  • bakingforlife
    bakingforlife Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    just for today i will not eat my emotion
    just for today i wont give in at night time
    just for today i wont worry about not loseing and giving up
  • CricketKate
    CricketKate Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    Just for Today: I will take responsibility for my own choices.
  • Taajsgpm
    Options
    I once heard a very wise person say that she was just one cookie away from being 300 lbs again (she was about 150 lbs at the time). I thought that statement was a little drastic at the time. However, I have come to realize the truth of it. I followed a very rigid eating plan to lose the weight after my 4th child. But when my baby turned one, that piece of birthday cake that I ate quickly turned into 30 lbs gained. I know now that if I don't keep control of the food, it will control me. That being said, I find the thought of eating healthy for the rest of my life to be a little (okay, a lot) daunting. That's why tomorrow has become my best friend. I tell myself that I'm going to eat healthy forever, so I will enjoy one last day of treats today. Unfortunately, today has lasted for several months.

So my new mantra is "For Today". I will not think about eating healthy tomorrow (until tonight when I plan tomorrow's food). I will decide to eat healthy "for Today". When I get through today, I will recommit tomorrow, and the next day and the next. Hopefully, when I've chosen the right enough times, I will forget to have to choose, it will just be my life.

Just for today, I wont worry about tomorrow
  • pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,039 Member
    Options
    My favorite saying is - not never, just not now.
  • CricketKate
    Options
    Just for Today: I will move it!
  • bakingforlife
    bakingforlife Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    just for today i wont give in at night
    just for todayi will not have pb@j .
    just for today i will exercise
    just for today i will have a positive attitude
  • Dawmelvan
    Dawmelvan Posts: 133 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    I was just thinking of this yesterday :-) Thanks for the post! Just for today I will celebrate progress.
  • ericalyn73
    Options
    One day at a time. It works! I am living proof.
  • JazzieG13
    JazzieG13 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Just for today ... I will think of myself and of my health first.
  • CricketKate
    Options
    Just for Today: Focus!
  • cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,265 Member
    Options
    Just for Today: I will stay away form the raisins and peanuts...again!
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    JUST FOR TODAY I will enjoy my day, learn from my Yoga practice today to find peace
    within myself. Learn to let things go and try not to control things I have No control over.
  • JenniferIsLosingIt
    JenniferIsLosingIt Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Just for today I will not eat my emotions....
    Just for today I will get my walk in.

Thank you for this OP