• yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    JaneiR36 wrote: »
    PRMinx wrote: »
    But aren't a lot of people on MFP skinny stealthing? Many of us add friends to our list especially when we first start out for the express purpose of seeing what they eat so we can get some ideas. And Rose is stealthy - she ain't gettin' caught. ;) What do you guys know, she probably skinny stealthed you already. Skinny Steathing For The Win!!

Getting meal ideas/ recipes from other peoples diaries is one thing, but if you start mimicking exactly what they eat, their timing while they eat, and whatever is creepy.

This!

There's an enormous difference between peeping diaries on a site intended for it where, by making your diary public, you are giving consent v. being stalked at a dinner party.

Also, from a practical perspective, diaries here show the whole day of food. If you are "skinny stealthing" at a party, you have no way of knowing how much food was eaten before, or after, the event.

I'd say by being in public you're giving your consent to having other people eat the same food you are. How about when people order the same food you do at a restaurant, oh noozz!!

Who cares about what their diet is like normally? I would assume you wouldn't skinny stealth someone eating a bunch. And if you eat too little because you're copying someone who ate a ton of food prior - it's one meal, won't kill ya

You can't possibly be serious, can you?

I'm not touching the first one. I will say though if I ever saw someone watching me at a party to eat what I eat, when I eat it, I will think they are a crazy person and I won't feel bad about it.

Now, to my latter point, the poster said this was a diet method for her. This means that she is using this routine because she feels it will help her manage her calories better at a party. She qualifies her targets based on how skinny they are. This is the information we have based on her post...

A LOT of skinny people are misleading when you see them at parties. Some workout beforehand, some do IF, some have obscenely high metabolisms because they have a very active lifestyle. Thus, following them and eating what they are eating as a way to lose weight is going to inevitably fail. If you followed me at a party and ate what I ate, you'd easily go over on your calories because 9/10 times I haven't eaten that day and I'm blowing my whole calorie allotment at that event.

You can argue this for the sake of arguing (and, honestly, it seems like that's what you are doing), but this is a diet and fitness site. We have lurkers that read these boards. So, for their sake (and for newbies) do not, I REPEAT DO NOT, blindly copy what other people are eating and assume that it's right for you.

If you want to be successful, be responsible for your own goals and your own diet based on the very specifics nuances of your life, health and fitness level.

As already stated, if I were skinny stealthing and you were scarfing down double cheese burgers, you wouldn't be my target

Please don't speak about mental health when rather than have a good laugh at this topic you're acting as though you're being violated in some way. Talk about first world problems

Serious or not, I highly doubt a PSA is needed to instruct people to avoid copying blow out days. I do those all by myself. If anything I would need to know how to be satisfied with rabbit food and/or less calories in general. If people were 100% responsible for their own diets, why would we need a supportive site like MFP? I just see a lot of parallels is all. I'll freely confess that Skinny stealthing is not much of a stretch from what I'm already doing. Plus it sounds fun as hell; I gotta give it a shot sometime :laugh:

You're weird and very creepy.
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    But aren't a lot of people on MFP skinny stealthing? Many of us add friends to our list especially when we first start out for the express purpose of seeing what they eat so we can get some ideas. And Rose is stealthy - she ain't gettin' caught. ;) What do you guys know, she probably skinny stealthed you already. Skinny Steathing For The Win!!

Getting meal ideas/ recipes from other peoples diaries is one thing, but if you start mimicking exactly what they eat, their timing while they eat, and whatever is creepy.

This!

There's an enormous difference between peeping diaries on a site intended for it where, by making your diary public, you are giving consent v. being stalked at a dinner party.

Also, from a practical perspective, diaries here show the whole day of food. If you are "skinny stealthing" at a party, you have no way of knowing how much food was eaten before, or after, the event.

I'd say by being in public you're giving your consent to having other people eat the same food you are. How about when people order the same food you do at a restaurant, oh noozz!!

Who cares about what their diet is like normally? I would assume you wouldn't skinny stealth someone eating a bunch. And if you eat too little because you're copying someone who ate a ton of food prior - it's one meal, won't kill ya

I'm not touching the first one. I will say though if I ever saw someone watching me at a party to eat what I eat, when I eat it, I will think they are a crazy person and I won't feel bad about it.

Now, to my latter point, the poster said this was a diet method for her. This means that she is using this routine because she feels it will help her manage her calories better at a party. She qualifies her targets based on how skinny they are. This is the information we have based on her post...

A LOT of skinny people are misleading when you see them at parties. Some workout beforehand, some do IF, some have obscenely high metabolisms because they have a very active lifestyle. Thus, following them and eating what they are eating as a way to lose weight is going to inevitably fail. If you followed me at a party and ate what I ate, you'd easily go over on your calories because 9/10 times I haven't eaten that day and I'm blowing my whole calorie allotment at that event.

You can argue this for the sake of arguing (and, honestly, it seems like that's what you are doing), but this is a diet and fitness site. We have lurkers that read these boards. So, for their sake (and for newbies) do not, I REPEAT DO NOT, blindly copy what other people are eating and assume that it's right for you.

If you want to be successful, be responsible for your own goals and your own diet based on the very specifics nuances of your life, health and fitness level.

As already stated, if I were skinny stealthing and you were scarfing down double cheese burgers, you wouldn't be my target

Please don't speak about mental health when rather than have a good laugh at this topic you're acting as though you're being violated in some way. Talk about first world problems

Serious or not, I highly doubt a PSA is needed to instruct people to avoid copying blow out days. I do those all by myself. If anything I would need to know how to be satisfied with rabbit food and/or less calories in general. If people were 100% responsible for their own diets, why would we need a supportive site like MFP? I just see a lot of parallels is all. I'll freely confess that Skinny stealthing is not much of a stretch from what I'm already doing. Plus it sounds fun as hell; I gotta give it a shot sometime :laugh:

28468-Taylor-swift-lol-gif-bzRK.gif

• rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    yopeeps025 wrote: »

This!

Oh dear. When YoPeeps says this, you're REALLY weird and VERY creepy! lol

• fivethreeone
    fivethreeone Posts: 8,196 Member
    Options
    rml_16 wrote: »
    yopeeps025 wrote: »

This!

Oh dear. When YoPeeps says this, you're REALLY weird and VERY creepy! lol

• dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    dbmata wrote: »
    robinred2 wrote: »
    There is nothing wrong with taking foods you can eat. You could even call your hostess and ask if you may. That way you can enjoy your friends and not feel guilty about ruining your eating plan.

Sage advice.

It's also pretty proactive. "Hey, I can't eat the snicker's salad. So, I'll bring a Waldorf Salad."

Resolved!
    Don't mention the war!

"Have you ever been to Frankfurt?"
    "Twice, in 1944, it was dark and I didn't land."
  • srslybritt
    srslybritt Posts: 1,618 Member
    Options
    I'm bored with OP's trolling style. But props on getting yopeeps here to call you creepy. #achievementunlocked
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    ewhsweets wrote: »
    So just curious have any of you noticed that this new event called "Friendsgiving" is becoming more and more popular? We've been invited to 3 Dinners "other-than" the one on Thanksgiving day...personally I'm not a fan of roasted turkey so it saves me from having to make any myself....

Any good ideas for eating moderately or good healthy recipes that you've made in the past?

(I mean things that you've actually done and they work for you...refrain from the obvious "eat less" please ;-p)

I find that traditional Thanksgiving foods are generally pretty "healthy". The biggest issue with these holidays, as I see it, are the traditions of stuffing one's self until they are ready to explode..and tons of desert types of things which people over indulge in.

• rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    robinred2 wrote: »
    There is nothing wrong with taking foods you can eat. You could even call your hostess and ask if you may. That way you can enjoy your friends and not feel guilty about ruining your eating plan.

Sage advice.

It's also pretty proactive. "Hey, I can't eat the snicker's salad. So, I'll bring a Waldorf Salad."

Resolved!
    Don't mention the war!

"Have you ever been to Frankfurt?"
    "Twice, in 1944, it was dark and I didn't land."
    That is NOT from Farty Towels!

• dbmata
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    ewhsweets wrote: »
    So just curious have any of you noticed that this new event called "Friendsgiving" is becoming more and more popular? We've been invited to 3 Dinners "other-than" the one on Thanksgiving day...personally I'm not a fan of roasted turkey so it saves me from having to make any myself....

Any good ideas for eating moderately or good healthy recipes that you've made in the past?

(I mean things that you've actually done and they work for you...refrain from the obvious "eat less" please ;-p)

I find that traditional Thanksgiving foods are generally pretty "healthy". The biggest issue with these holidays, as I see it, are the traditions of stuffing one's self until they are ready to explode..and tons of desert types of things which people over indulge in.

That's why you should thin-stalk someone smaller than you. Since they're skinny, they will obviously eat very little, because all skinny people eat very little.

Do monitor them in the bathroom too, to ensure there aren't any purges you're missing out on.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    I checked my calendar this morning and just realized that I have 5 Thanksgiving meals to eat in the next twelve days:

1 with each kid at their school (2)
    1 at my work
    1 with my husbands family on the actual day
    1 with my family on the Saturday after

Guess how worried I am about it? Not at all... with that many opportunities, I won't feel the need to gorge myself at any one meal. I'll make a plate of food - some of it will look better than others (I mean come on - Thanksgiving from an elementary school cafeteria?, eat a piece of pecan pie every time it is offered, and make smart choices the other 30 or so meals I eat in this time frame...

• MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    srslybritt wrote: »
    I'm bored with OP's trolling style. But props on getting yopeeps here to call you creepy. #achievementunlocked

I'm not even the OP, fellow creepy weirdo gal. Oh wait, that's what we're doing now isn't it, name calling each other like a bunch of hormonal adolescents? Fun!
  • bostonwolf
    bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    So has "skinny stealthing" officially been added to the lexicon?
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    bostonwolf wrote: »
    So has "skinny stealthing" officially been added to the lexicon?

Yes. It has the same kind of magic as the mini trampoline.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options

So it's also okay to watch them to the point you are literally eating, not just the same stuff, but the exact same bite sizes as them at the exact same time?

Do you really not find nothing wrong with this?

• JoshuaL86
    JoshuaL86 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    Someone's going to end up place a restraining order against this woman for skinny stealthing them
  • dbmata
    Options
    JoshuaL86 wrote: »
    Someone's going to end up place a restraining order against this woman for skinny stealthing them
    Or gonna correct her with a falcon punch.
  • JoshuaL86
    JoshuaL86 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    JoshuaL86 wrote: »
    Or gonna correct her with a falcon punch.

Loooooooolllll!
  • Joannah700
    Joannah700 Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    To the original OP - I used to go to 4 Christmas' in a day, and events on Christmas Eve. It was a food extravaganza.

For me, it was about pacing myself - because if I got full at the first Christmas then I would have to sit and watch all the other Christmas food pass me by the rest of the day. No bueno.

I developed a strategy. I put the bare minimum of the 'obligation' foods on my plate. (You know the quiche your aunt made and you have to eat because she will come up to you later and say, how was the quiche sweetie?) Sometimes, I could skip this with the pretense of leftovers.

Second. My main focus was on getting some of the 'standout' dish - uncle's barbeque baked beans with bacon or my sister's sweet potato souffle. Once I got a few bites of the standout dish, I could declare the meal a success and would typically stop eating at that point because I knew there was ANOTHER standout dish at the next place.

This strategy doesn't work so well for meals on different days. But I still sorta use it on Thanksgiving, or Pie-extravaganza day. I admit then when I go to fill my plate I think, is this worth it? Or will this make me too full for pie? Because, that's what I really care about. It means I have an average to small meal and just have a bigger dessert. Not much variation on my calorie intake.

• ewhsweets
    ewhsweets Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    HEY Everybody!

So I went to ALL of the Friendsgivings! And I just moderated what I ate and tried to keep full munching on Fiber prior to the meals! It was an absolute BLAST!!! They were all on Saturdays so I did a double workout each day to allow myself more calories. One was a meal of 'Bolivian' food so that was a real treat. I didn't gain an ounce :)

I was certainly tired though of the turkey and stuffing etc. So much so that for Xmas I'm doing red meat!!!

Ha ha ha !!!

HAPPY HOLIDAYS
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    yup yup!

living here in NYC, there are so many imported people who have no family anywhere near this part of the country. And since we're all workaholic ambition addicts, we aint leaving town to go see anyone either.

Our friendsgiving is on the 27th and Im so excited to cook and see all my friends. I am going to do my very best to create a healthy meal that is breathtakingly beautiful.

Have a lovely holiday season!