Where's the milk ?

Options
1235»

Replies

• farfromthetree
    farfromthetree Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    I log either milk or french vanilla coffeemate every morning, depending if my weight is up or down.
  • bangbangchoochootrain
    Options
    I used to drink milk a LOT when I was younger (more than water, really) but now that I'm at school I really only drink it with cereal or, occasionally, in tea. However since I figure if I get my milk calories I want to best damn milk ever it tends to be whole milk.

I put half and half in my coffee because I can use less of it and get the creamy taste I want as opposed to using half a cup of skim milk and having my coffee taste like sadness and death. Skim may fly with actual coffee but dining hall sludge needs all the help it can get.
  • AgentOrangeJuice
    AgentOrangeJuice Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    I use Rice Milk for recipes, I don't drink milk to quench thirst any more.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    I get the recommended dairy every day, but usually it is with a cube of old cheese or Greek yogurt.
  • Karabobarra
    Karabobarra Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Dairy free here! Have been for 17 years due to a food allergy...I don't drink coffee because I need sugar and cream to make it palatable to me so I switched to unsweetened iced tea for my caffeine fix.
  • JustAnotherGirlSuzanne
    Options
    No milk or cream in my coffee. :)
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    Yeah no milk here, ever. It absolutely disgusts me. My kids drink almond milk.

For my coffee, I use three sugars, and a teaspoon of powdered creamer (plain). It's logged as "Jen's Morning Coffee" - which is a recipe I've input.
  • squirrlt
    squirrlt Posts: 106 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    I drink unpasteurized whole milk, in my coffee, and sometimes by itself. I think my diary is for friends only, maybe us milk drinkers are hiding :blush:
  • yuiconnor
    Options
    If I do, I log. but I like black coffee better.
    Same with sugar. If zero calorie, why log. :disagree:
  • christineja
    christineja Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I log full fat milk with my coffee and the almond milk with my cereal daily. I measure both and try to limit myself to a cup of dairy a day because it's such a calorie hog and it messes with my sugar levels. If I drink more coffee I cut the milk w/ almond milk to save calories, but yuck, I really prefer milk or half/half. I don't know how people tracking calories don't log it if they drink it, it's easily 250 of my daily calories.
  • segacs
    segacs Posts: 4,599 Member
    Options
    By the way, I never really would drink a glass of milk on its own, not since I was a kid anyway. Since starting my weight loss, it's one of the foods I've (surprisingly) started craving again for the first time in years, and now enjoy from time to time.
  • segacs
    segacs Posts: 4,599 Member
    Options
    I live in Montréal - and have lived in Toronto for a few years.

I don't know where you live in Canada or in the US; but I am pretty sure only a minority of Canadians would drink their coffee black. It is also what I noticed during my numerous business trips to various locations in the USA (but I may be wrong on that one).

I guess we need a poll on that very important issue. :-)

I'm also in Montreal. (Salut, Isabelle!) I drink my coffee with milk.

I've noticed that it varies by age more than by geography. Younger drinkers tend to add a lot of milk, sugar and flavours -- things like vanilla lattes are popular among teens and young adults -- and then older adults tend to drink more low-cal basic coffee. My grandfather only ever drank black coffee.

I figure it's either a generational thing (what you were raised to drink) or else it's a changing taste thing (outgrowing a sweet tooth, preferring stronger coffee as you get older in an acquired taste way).
  • kayemme
    kayemme Posts: 1,782 Member
    Options
    I log mine, but it's half & half, not milk; I also use it in things, but I make recipes and then add the portioned recipe to my diary... so you wouldn't see it because it's all encompassed in the recipe. I also don't drink milk by itself, but I do drink kefir and log all of it.
  • RockinTerri
    RockinTerri Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    I'm curious as to why those of you who state they don't log milk used do that. I try to log everything that passes my lips, regardless of if it's one piece of candy or a cup of coffee with cream and sugar.
  • marinabreeze
    marinabreeze Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I don't drink milk and I eat cereal dry. I use half and half or non-dairy creamer in my coffee when I drink it, and I count it when I do.
  • Angierae75
    Angierae75 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    I drink mine with sugar free vanilla creamer, and I log it, all 45 calories a day of it.
  • Numberwang22
    Numberwang22 Posts: 213 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    I'm curious as to why those of you who state they don't log milk used do that. I try to log everything that passes my lips, regardless of if it's one piece of candy or a cup of coffee with cream and sugar.

Frankly life is too short. Logging a splash of milk in my tea a couple of times a day makes no material difference to my weight loss. I eat at 1200 (small sedentary and over 40 ;-) ) but accept that there is a margin of unlogged milk I can live with!

Milk drinks, latte etc gets logged...
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,021 Member
    Options

I don't log it separately, I just log each cup of coffee and presume they all have about same amount of milk in each.