Replies

• Chezzie84
    Chezzie84 Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    Since my husband ran off with the milkman, I never ever touch the stuff
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    Like many of you, I like to look at other people's diary.

It occurred to me that I have never seen someone logging milk (except in large quantity, with cereals).

So the big question is: of all the MFP members, am I really the only one drinking coffee with milk ?

I know many don't drink coffee at all, and I know it may be only a coincidence, but still ... No one else than me is logging some milk ?

Confession: everytime I see one of these "Plateau" or Not losing- Help !" posts with OPs swearing to God they log everything, I am always tempted to ask if they drink coffee ...
    But I refrain myself. o:)

I log milk with my coffee every single day :)
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    I drink copious amounts of lattes. I am just not logging right now, but when I do, there is a lot of milk in my diary.
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    sohmui wrote: »
    I drink a pot of coffee with milk each day. That's around 3 large cups. I have never logged the milk. I still reached my goal weight in a reasonable time and have maintained that weight for over one year. I shouldn't worry about milk in tea and coffee if I were you. Concentrate on eating healthy fresh food and not going over your fat or sodium allowance.

I have a small bit of milk in coffee, but even so it adds up over a day, up to 150 calories a day. Some people like it more milky too.

I agree with not stressing over every little thing, but 150 calories is a lot, and it's a regular thing, and not exactly hard to log.
  • MsHarryWinston
    MsHarryWinston Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    I've never really drank milk. I don't eat cereal, never really have unless it was those times I would have some harvest crunch in yogurt (got turned onto harvest crunch in yogurt at military camp). the only milk I have these days is post workout chocolate milk.
  • fluffyasacat
    fluffyasacat Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I have a piccolo latte because a regular size latte with full-fat milk is like 110 calories. Rather than add three separate items (1 shot espresso, 22ml milk, 1/4 tsp sugar) every time I drink coffee I saved it as a recipe.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    I log 100ml milk with my breakfast that is my splash of milk in coffee throughout the day
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I get around 200 calories every single day in the milk I have in my tea :( which is why I have to log it
  • lolly715
    lolly715 Posts: 106
    Options
    I only have milk in smoothies and lattes. They get logged although I usually only have one per week of each. If I happen to have any other tea or coffee through the week, it's always black. Always make oatmeal with water, don't eat any other cereal and have never drunk milk by the glass. Just not really a fan of it!
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    I hate the taste of milk, so I only have it with cereal or mixed into scrambled eggs.
  • jenabugg
    jenabugg Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I love milk! My day doesn't start unless I have some with breakfast, but I make sure to ration it. I have a half a cup every morning. I use creamer in my coffee.
  • peachyfuzzle
    peachyfuzzle Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    If I drink it, I log it. It's just that most days I'd rather not have the extra calories, so I keep it out.
  • fobs13
    fobs13 Posts: 1,080 Member
    Options
    I log coffee with skim milk or else add the milk separately.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,014 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    There is white coffee logged in my diary every day.

I don't bother logging the milk separately - I measured it once and I am confident that the amount of milk I have in each coffee does not vary significantly - so each time now is just logged as white coffee without itemising the milk separately.

I do not have sugar in my coffee so it is just 20 calories from the small amount of skim milk I use.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    I like milk with my oreos!
  • Isabelle_1929
    Isabelle_1929 Posts: 233 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Thanks everyone. It's just that I found it odd that everyone had become black coffee lovers ... It's certainly not what I see IRL !

I guess that I just happened to read tea lovers' diaries. :-)

And totally I agree that if your weight loss is satisfactory, there's no need to freak out for 30 or 50 calories. I was thinking about those - like me - who have a tiny daily allowance, wonder why they can't lose the weight. It's incredibly important to log EVERYTHING.
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    I log creamer with my crackdonalds coffee. Everywhere else I take coffee it's usually black since the muffin or donut I'm eating it with is enough to flavor the coffee taste hehe. My morning (and afternoon) coffee at work is also hazelnut flavor so it's not really plain black anyway. Of course I just recently purchased a **** ton of sugar free jello, which I need a half cup of milk per serving.

I'm not much of a cereal eater on account of I still just eat the whole box and eat it for every meal rather than mix it up with the rest of the stuff, which unfortunately everything else suddenly becomes super BORING in comparison...
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    I drink coffee black, have since my 20s when I actually started liking coffee.

I log milk for other reasons though, just not that often.
  • Maryanne1923
    Maryanne1923 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure where the OP is from but my guess is that is a UK/USA difference thing.

Most people in the UK have milk in their tea/coffee at home and drink quite a lot of it, so it could be adding 150-200 calories per day. In the USA (and Canada and elsewhere) most people take their coffee black or with cream(er) and don't drink so much tea - so they don't need to log the odd splash of milk. Shop bought coffees and lattes are different and most people log these.

That's what I think :smile:
  • Emipaws
    Emipaws Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I log my coffee and creamer