Where's the milk ?

Options

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I sometimes put one ounce of milk in my coffee when I feel like having a treat, but typically I'd rather avoid drinking my calories.
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,301 Member
    Options
    Like many of you, I like to look at other people's diary.

It occurred to me that I have never seen someone logging milk (except in large quantity, with cereals).

So the big question is: of all the MFP members, am I really the only one drinking coffee with milk ?

I know many don't drink coffee at all, and I know it may be only a coincidence, but still ... No one else than me is logging some milk ?

Confession: everytime I see one of these "Plateau" or Not losing- Help !" posts with OPs swearing to God they log everything, I am always tempted to ask if they drink coffee ...
    But I refrain myself. o:)

Diary diving ultimately leads to Judge Judy. Avoid judging others' intake, take care of thine self OP. Rock your own world. Oh and when I do log my coffee I log the 'debil's' sugar and milk.

• Isabelle_1929
    Isabelle_1929 Posts: 233 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    I'm not sure where the OP is from but my guess is that is a UK/USA difference thing.

Most people in the UK have milk in their tea/coffee at home and drink quite a lot of it, so it could be adding 150-200 calories per day. In the USA (and Canada and elsewhere) most people take their coffee black or with cream(er) and don't drink so much tea - so they don't need to log the odd splash of milk. Shop bought coffees and lattes are different and most people log these.

That's what I think :smile:

I live in Montréal - and have lived in Toronto for a few years.

I don't know where you live in Canada or in the US; but I am pretty sure only a minority of Canadians would drink their coffee black. It is also what I noticed during my numerous business trips to various locations in the USA (but I may be wrong on that one).

I guess we need a poll on that very important issue. :-)

• DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    I sometimes put one ounce of milk in my coffee when I feel like having a treat, but typically I'd rather avoid drinking my calories.

Wow, that's sad that you consider a splash of milk in coffee a 'treat'. I easily fit in around 4 cups of coffee with milk into my 1500 calories per day.
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure where the OP is from but my guess is that is a UK/USA difference thing.

Most people in the UK have milk in their tea/coffee at home and drink quite a lot of it, so it could be adding 150-200 calories per day. In the USA (and Canada and elsewhere) most people take their coffee black or with cream(er) and don't drink so much tea - so they don't need to log the odd splash of milk. Shop bought coffees and lattes are different and most people log these.

I don't know where you live in Canada or in the US; but I am pretty sure only a minority of Canadians would drink their coffee black. It is also what I noticed during my numerous business trips to various locations in the USA (but I may be wrong on that one).

I'm English, but most of my American friends on MFP drink creamer in their coffee. Far more calories than milk!

My real life Canadian friend drinks milk in her coffee. Of course, she's only one person, and she lives in England, so not representative :)
  • CindyB97
    CindyB97 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I only drink my coffee black. I drink a lot of tea and only rarely add a splash of (carefully measured) milk. I am not usually a fan of drinking just milk by itself.

But recently I've started buying raw milk from a local farm and holy cow, it is incredible! 160 calories per cup so I need to stay away from it as much as possible, but if I have leftover calories in the evening I'll drink half a cup because it's so sweet and yummy. :-)
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    I don't drink coffee. And when I did I used the little creamers which were 30/cals a peice.

But drinking just milk? Like alone? BLECH
  • xLoveLexi
    xLoveLexi Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I stopped drinking milk pretty young and now I can't drink it at all. Not because I hate the taste but because I now have lactose intolerance. So you will very rarely find milk or cheese in my diary.
  • nosebag1212
    nosebag1212 Posts: 621 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    i have milk with my oats, lmao you tried that with water? groce as fuk/10
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »

Wow, that's sad that you consider a splash of milk in coffee a 'treat'. I easily fit in around 4 cups of coffee with milk into my 1500 calories per day.

Eh to each their own. Rather have some sweet goodness with those calories.
  • kelly39014
    kelly39014 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Yea I drink coffee and log half and half everytime
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,135 Member
    Options
    Wait, I'm supposed to have coffee with my milk?
    i74ka7di6tn2.jpg
  • nerdymathgrrl
    nerdymathgrrl Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I have 2 cups of espresso every morning with a cup of 2% milk--I actually have it set up as a recipe so I don't have to log them separately. I don't put any sugar or sweetener in it because I prefer it that way.
  • fatcity66
    fatcity66 Posts: 1,544 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    I drink lots of milk. And I log it all. I use creamer in my coffee.
    I drink lots of coffee, and log it also.
  • kristinhowell
    kristinhowell Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I don't drink milk too often, but I log it when I do. But I drink my coffee black (*)
  • Raulam65
    Raulam65 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'll mix one or two cups of whole unpasteurized milk with whey protein throughout the day, about 3-5 days per week, but it does give you about a 13 gram carb hit for each cup. I eat Primal, so I'm typically going from 50 to 120 carbs per day in total anyways.
  • allaboutthecake
    allaboutthecake Posts: 1,534 Member
    Options
    Coffee makes me gag. Hot tea makes me gag harder. Ice cold milk is yummy. I log it everytime I drink it. However, I don't log my water anymore. But my diary is open so its not like I'm trying to hide anything.
  • Maryanne1923
    Maryanne1923 Posts: 53 Member
    Options

I'm in the UK. It just from what people say here generally about 'taking cream in their coffee' in the UK most people would say they take milk in their coffee and tea. I stand corrected though :smile:

• williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options
    Well, then you haven't been peeking at my diary ;) Milk or half and half logged daily to go in my coffees. It doesn't add up to much (40-150 calories total), but I still log it, since I drank it.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options

With the exception of people buying lattes, the vast majority of people I see at business meetings and so on drinking coffee (in the US) drink it black. It's common to have it available at meetings and no milk available (you could probably find half and half or non dairy creamer, ugh).